The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PS4 or PC?

thearchivist95
Which is more populated? Other pros and cons? Trying to decide which to stick with.
  • Shezzarrine
    Shezzarrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't you just make a thread on this recently?

Anyway stick with PC
    Options
  • thearchivist95

Anyway stick with PC

I made a thread asking about a warden build? o.O but no, not about platforms.
    Options
  • Shezzarrine
    Shezzarrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyway stick with PC

I made a thread asking about a warden build? o.O but no, not about platforms.

Ah my bad, I remembered your name and a thread on this topic and thought it was you.

Here is that thread btw:https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/411232/which-platform-offers-better-gameplay
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't have friends that play nor any other games you play then go PC. Otherwise go where your friends are, and if you have no friends that play this game then play PC if there's other PC games you're interested in or the PS4 if there's other PS4 games you're interested in.
    Options
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC
    Options
  • Glenmorils
    Glenmorils
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 isn't bad at all, but from what I've observed PC has a more thriving community and is definitely going to be better for things like in-game economy/trading and roleplaying, to name a few. I'd assume they're similarly populated, with PC having less casual players.

I play on PS4, and it isn't bad at all - but if you have the choice, I'd go for PC.
    Options
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addons killed it for me while I admit some should of been in the game day 1 like the wardrobe one, others like master merchant killed the economy.
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on May 14, 2018 8:59AM
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
    Options
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC. Because of addons and better performance.

I tried the PS4 version of the game and it is an actual shite show

Also I find the PC community more tolerable/patient of slower players or those who like to take their time in dungeons.

Edited by CiliPadi on May 13, 2018 11:17PM
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC. It's super-populated and you can use add-ons.
    Options
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    ps4 more populated but pc better=add-ons. PC has good player count.
    Options
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been on both, extensively. Actually enjoy PS4 Pro more for community, PVP, and voice chat. Much easier to get things done when everyone is either talking or listening. Guild traders are a mess in general, but shopping is atrocious on console without addons. That’s my only complaint.
    Options
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ps4 for better skill involved or pc where youll be judged on an addon that doesnt do what it actually should do.
    Options
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    ps4 for better skill involved or pc where youll be judged on an addon that doesnt do what it actually should do.

It is anecdotal, but I find players on PC are generally worse players. It’s a third person twitch game built around controllers so that’s to be expected, I guess. Just my experience that the general skill level floor is lower on PC.
    Options
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »

It is anecdotal, but I find players on PC are generally worse players. It’s a third person twitch game built around controllers so that’s to be expected, I guess. Just my experience that the general skill level floor is lower on PC.

yea cause everyone relies on a addon to do everything. ive been on both and to be honest it was alot more fun on ps4 where people would run regardless of a dumb addon telling them what to do or this or that. ps4 is just better players
    Options
  • tourerttrwb17_ESO
    tourerttrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dont go PS4, i have wasted almost a year there before switching to PC. PS4 is full of lags, game looks and performs MUCH better on PC, there are quality of life addons on PC that helps you with shopping, crafting, etc.
    PC-NA @Eon-King
    Options
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :joy: nobody cares about Xbox looks like.
    Pc na
    Options
  • Firemantim
    Firemantim
    ✭✭
    PC definitely. It's (from what I've heard) a much larger community, KB+M controls are more suited for an MMO than a controller is, and you don't need to pay for online like you do with PS+.
    Options
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firemantim wrote: »
    PC definitely. It's (from what I've heard) a much larger community, KB+M controls are more suited for an MMO than a controller is, and you don't need to pay for online like you do with PS+.

but its overrun by the use of addons unfortunately
    Options
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HTOklyY.jpg
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Predictable thread is predictable. :p

OP, don’t rely on biased opinions to make your decision. I prefer PS4, because it’s much cheaper than buying a new gaming PC and because I know I’m on a more or less level playing field (no dying in PVP because people have better hardware specs than me, are using private game-breaking addons, etc.). Your mileage may vary. The game is well-populated on either platform, so it will really just come down to personal preference and what works best for you.
    Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Console pros - no cheaters
    PC pros - everything else
    Options
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yea cause everyone relies on a addon to do everything. ive been on both and to be honest it was alot more fun on ps4 where people would run regardless of a dumb addon telling them what to do or this or that. ps4 is just better players

Spoken like true console only players who know nothing on what addons can and cannot do.

If the PS4 players are so much better how come the best raiding guilds are on PC, the biggest Twitch streamers are on PC and the best 1vX and PvP clips are produced by PC players?

Next you're going to tell me animation cancelling is an exploit and that PvP on console is more fast paced aswell?

tenor.gif

To the OP: Play on PC - it's the vastly superior experience.
    Enslaved wrote: »
    This pretty much holds true.
    Options
  • SillyPlay
    SillyPlay
    ✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    If you don't have friends that play nor any other games you play then go PC. Otherwise go where your friends are, and if you have no friends that play this game then play PC if there's other PC games you're interested in or the PS4 if there's other PS4 games you're interested in.

Plus you can still use a controller on pc as it’s pretty optimized and be more than decent
    Options
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even a
    Zinaroth wrote: »

Spoken like true console only players who know nothing on what addons can and cannot do.

If the PS4 players are so much better how come the best raiding guilds are on PC, the biggest Twitch streamers are on PC and the best 1vX and PvP clips are produced by PC players?

Next you're going to tell me animation cancelling is an exploit and that PvP on console is more fast paced aswell?

tenor.gif

Even a $2000 PC (I know, I had a 1080TI combo that did) struggles to play this game in 4K/60 so performance arguments level out once you factor in cost and the new console iterations. I have played both and one is not VASTLY superior, especially not if you’re factoring in cost, community, universal voice chat and simple ease of use.

Best 1vX players and streamers are not only on PC so idk where you’re pulling that metric from either.
    Options
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even a
    Zinaroth wrote: »

tenor.gif

Even a $2000 PC (I know, I had a 1080TI combo that did) struggles to play this game in 4K/60 so performance arguments level out once you factor in cost and the new console iterations. I have played both and one is not VASTLY superior, especially not if you’re factoring in cost, community, universal voice chat and simple ease of use.

Best 1vX players and streamers are not only on PC so idk where you’re pulling that metric from either.

You don't buy a PC for a single game just like you don't buy a console for a single game - so your cost to efficiency arguments is mute - besides the OP asked which to stick with, inferring he already owns both copies.

I run the game just fine on a PC with worse hardware graphics card and lower cost than yours. I can get steady 50-60 FPS everywhere in the game on highest quality except near mega zergs or in Halls of Fabrication where I have to lower my settings to medium which is still better or equivalent to graphics on console, where there's major complaints of FPS and lag issues in both Cyrodiil and Trials.

Making arguments to which community is better is just as silly as making arguments to which has the more skilled players.

I never said that the best 1vX-players play on PC - I said the best 1vX and PvP clips are produced by PC players, which is my subjective opinion (just like every other comment in this thread).

You cannot attack me for stating my opinion about quality of PvP content which was posted as a response to someone claiming PS4-players are more skilled than PC players and then go ahead yourself and claim the console community is better - that is called hypocrisy because you're doing the exact same thing as you accused me of; presenting opinion as fact.

Sure PC doesn't have universal voice chat, some think it's a blessing because you don't get people singing and yelling all over the place, others probably think it's a hindrance (haven't heard any complaints though) - but we have access to a multitude other ways of communicating through software that is better than an in-game voice chat. If you want to communicate with the people you play with you can easily do that. We don't need an in-game voice chat, whereas console players do. World of Warcraft supports in-game voice chat - but because hardly anyone uses it, as an example.

In terms of ease of use (which you brought up yourself); navigating around the UI is much faster on the PC as well as accessing and writing in the chat (unless you also own a keyboard for the console). Furthermore our UI is less intrusive by default because of actually being able to click things instead of having to scroll through. This also makes inventory managing, by default, less obnoxious, aswell.
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC has the best players and also the worst players. The skill cap is higher and the skill floor is lower. Mouse and keyboard is just much more flexible and allows for more skillful play to really shine.. but PC also has addons which can carry some really bad players (in PvE anyway) through things they would get booted from on console. PC tends to have older MMO players who might not be as FPS oriented as the younger console players.

PC has addons which are awesome and save time.

People who complain about cheating on PC are just sore losers. There hasn’t been any observed cheating in two years now, and with all the streamers and shadow play available on PC, we would definitely see it if it was out there.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 is great and as others have said its populated... a little too overpopulated especially if you want to paly Cyrodiil, expect lag, constant cut outs and freezes and being a que most of the time! :)

If I could move over my characters to PC I would lol
    Edited by AnviOfVai on May 14, 2018 1:01PM
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sigh.

all the posturing aside...

there are NO ADDONS THAT CAN CARRY A PLAYER ON PC. NONE. there is no addon that weaves for you, that macros rotations for you, that gets you out of the bad, etc.

addons do not do that. they speed up some tedious tasks, costumize your UI, make search better, but the only addons that come even close to "playing the game for you" is writ crafter and multicraft and NEITHER of them are combat addons. they just speed up the crafting process slightly.

before anyone says anything about skyshards, etc... do none of you use them maps? you know the kind you can follow on a piece of paper or your tablet screen or whatever. because that's basicaly what those addons do, they give you an acess to a map where everything is already marked on it.

play on whatever you are more comfortable playing. though i'm biased towards PC, mainly because I hate hate HATE knowing that i HAVE to carry ps plus if I want to play most multiplayer games. addons add a LOT of convenience, but that is all they are. convenience.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play with what you will have more fun. While I did play on PC with better graphics and add ons, I just prefer playing on my Xbox for what ever reason. I even did the hook up PC to TV and still prefer the Xbox. So go with what you have more fun with.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
    Options
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which is more populated? Other pros and cons? Trying to decide which to stick with.

pc always pc no matter what
    Options