The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anybody got any surveys recently?

vovus69
vovus69
✭✭✭✭
Hi All,

Last couple of weeks I have more master writs than usual (~2 per one master crafter) and NO surveys. Is it just me and rng, so others see that too?

-vovus
"If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel like my master writs are about the same, but lately, I can't get a clothing or ww survey to save my life. I'm still getting BS, Alchemy, and Enchanting. It's been the last couple of weeks. I think it's just RNG. There was a period shortly after Dragonbones released where I didn't get any MWs on any of my characters for a couple weeks, aside from the occasional provisioning/alchemy/enchanting writ. During that same period, though, my husband got a 315 and a 92 MW on the same character on the same day.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today I recieved an enchanting survey and yesterday I recieved a Wrothgar clothing survey so probably just lousy RNG for you.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its all RNG, I am getting some surveys with Writs. I even got a 15 Voucher Master Writ that needed Nirncrux.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten more surveys than writs. Grabbed two addons and just busted all the surveys out. First time doing surveys.. oh boy lots of goodies. And i got nirn on both the craglorn surveys.

I just got a wood survey and a 49 writ woodworking.

I have 5 or 6 blacksmith writs i can not do because i have dont have the motifs. They are 80 vouchers each.
  • imrilaoi
    imrilaoi
    ✭✭✭
    I think its definitely RNG. I've been receiving both at the usual rate.

Actually, I just finished my round of crafting writs (56 writs total, I need to get that 8th character writ worthy), and received a mix of both. One character got both a survey and a writ: http://prntscr.com/jhyt0q

Between the 7 characters doing writs, I got a total of 11 surveys today. This is the same number I got yesterday (I still have them, since I didn't have time to do them). However, 3 of my characters are doing Rank 1 writs - and they seem to get more surveys than the 4 doing max rank writs. When I have time to get them all of the skill points needed to do max rank writs, I'll see if thats just, well, RNG.

As for Master Writs, today I only received the one, however, yesterday I received four - one Blacksmithing (02), One Woodworking (46, sold because I don't have the Nirnhoned trait), and two Alchemy.

• vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep, as soon as I posted, I've got one survey in Wrothgar. So I guess it is just bad RNG on my side...

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    The last couple weeks I have been having trouble getting surveys in my rewards for writs. however, last night, I got three in a row, so I was pretty happy :)
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
    Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
    Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
    Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
    Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
    Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
    Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
    Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
    Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
    Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
    Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
    Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always enchanting surveys which I never bother to do as they are time consuming and largely worthless
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get surveys every day, they are fairly mounting up
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    Always enchanting surveys which I never bother to do as they are time consuming and largely worthless

Unless you reduce your skill level to get lower level runestones to farm. Some of the lower level runestones sell for a mint.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will buy them from you. Cod them to me .. pc na.

@firedrgn
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    surveys cant be sold ....
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ? Thats not any fun.
  • imrilaoi
    imrilaoi
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, I make a nice amount of gold from them. Between the occasional Kuta and the large chunk of purple quality glyphs I make people to max out their enchanting skill, it adds up.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vovus69 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Last couple of weeks I have more master writs than usual (~2 per one master crafter) and NO surveys. Is it just me and rng, so others see that too?

-vovus

Same here. No surveys and writs seem to be a no show or crap at best.
  • Nanigae
    Nanigae
    ✭✭
    I've had no trouble getting surveys. Got a jewelry survey my first writ--which was sweet and instead of a vague picture, it had nicely detailed directions where to find (especially nice since there are no addons yet for jewelry surveys).
  • Madhattr64
    Madhattr64
    ✭✭✭
    I get surveys all the time on low level crafters. I have not gotten any sealed writs on my master crafter in 3 weeks.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got both surveys and master writs today. The secret is to need the other "rewards", like running short of hides or something. Beat the RNG AI at its own game!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vovus69 wrote: »
    Hi All,

-vovus

Just RNG.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten two Jewelry Surveys in the last week, one in Craglorn and one in The Rift.

Not to hijack but has anyone doing Enchanting surveys seen a Psijic Portal to replace one of the Enchanting nodes? Just curious.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• imrilaoi
    imrilaoi
    ✭✭✭
    I've also gotten two Jewelcrafting surveys (out of the 8 characters doing writs). The Coldharbor survey was easy to find - the Wrothgar survey was anything but.

No, so far none of the Enchanting nodes have been replaced. I had a bunch hoarded up from before the expansion hit (only because I hoard a weeks worth and do them all in one day). The character I do them on has completed the Psijic questline, too.
    Theres zero chance a character that hasn't would be able to tell - I had a friend running along with me yesterday while I farmed, who hasn't done the Summerset quests, at all. What looked like a portal to me in Eastmarch was just a regular enchanting node to him.

Edit: Actually, I don't think he even has Summerset.
    Edited by imrilaoi on May 25, 2018 7:13PM