The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Housing Suggestions from a New Player

Aknunsus
Aknunsus
I'm relatively new to the game and the housing system, so I admit I am likely still naive about the full extent of the housing system. But, I'm pretty sure I've got the basic principles down. Here is what I would like to see (and if it actually exists already, my bad):
  • More functionality of housing items -- i.e. interacting with acquired trophies gives you some king of combat buff (crit chance or weapon damage, etc for x hours, with 24 hour cooldown); interacting with a bed gives you a stamina buff (lasts x hours, with a 24 hour cooldown); interacting with a bookshelf gives you a magicka buff (lasts x hours, with a 24 hour cooldown); etc.
  • Ability to set a path of movement for pets/mounts so they actually move around to make the house more life-like
  • Ability to add NPC servants, cooks, guards, visiting merchants, visiting adventurers with a daily or weekly quest, etc, again to make the house more lifelike
  • Family function similar to Skyrim -- this kind of hits on more than just housing -- but it would add some interesting flair to be able to marry or adopt an NPC, who then lives in your house, perhaps wife/husband can make you a meal 1x/day and/or your kid asks for something that turns into a daily or weekly quest, etc.
  • Ability to rob other residences (I know, highly unlikely)-- I would envision an opt in system, wherein if you want to rob another residence, your house is flagged as available to rob for x hours -- items would be randomly generated similar to what happens in current game world -- would not affect your stored items -- to avoid abuse, perhaps after robbing a player house there is a several day cooldown before you hit another place -- if house has NPCs they will fight back if they notice you, but you can subdue (not kill) them

Yes, likely all pipe dreams...
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...I think a couple of these are pipe dreams, but it's ok to dream! :)

The first three suggestions have been touched on before by many players, so they are definitely ones that us housing enthusiasts would like to see.

I don't recall anyone requesting a family function, though I think that's a neat idea. Likely would go into the category of NPCs for homes, though I'd like the idea of adopting/marrying an NPC that shows up in the game rather than buying one from the CS. :D

The last one is interesting, though not one I'd care to participate in. It sounds like it would just be making players homes instances for obtaining the usual justice loot? So, they aren't taking your furnishings, for example.

Nice ideas. More functionality is definitely needed in homes. While it's a lot of fun for me to decorate, I desperately want my characters to USE the houses. I've tried logging off in homes, but it just adds another load screen when I log back in and want to play. More reasons to use a home would help to justify leaving them there. Right now, it's really just RP to leave them there.
    Options
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like all these ideas, tbh !

Though the waifu/husbando fights would be epic. Could actually give PVP a new spark. "JAKARN IS MINE! YOURS IS THE EVIL TWIN. FITE ME!"

Roleplayers would go mad.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
    Options
  • Aknunsus
    Aknunsus
    @Jayne_Doe, I figured some of this has been touched on before. Hopefully we'll see some increased housing functionality, but who knows when :)

@Itacira, you made me lol -- dueling for the love of an NPC.
    Options
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aknunsus wrote: »
    [*] Ability to set a path of movement for pets/mounts so they actually move around to make the house more life-like...

I can’t help much with the other bullets just yet; if you want to animate things in your home, my Essential Housing Tools add-on can do that for you within the current abilities of the game’s API. Check out this video for an idea of what you can do with the early version of the add-on:

(And if you try it and have questions just let me know and I’ll help ya out)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tKvObrM0OKc
    Options
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ability to rob other residences (I know, highly unlikely)
    I would love this as a housing upgrade!
    we'd all have so much fun stealing from our friends
    :D

{ Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
    Options
  • Aknunsus
    Aknunsus
    R_K wrote: »
    [*] Ability to set a path of movement for pets/mounts so they actually move around to make the house more life-like...

I can’t help much with the other bullets just yet; if you want to animate things in your home, my Essential Housing Tools add-on can do that for you within the current abilities of the game’s API. Check out this video for an idea of what you can do with the early version of the add-on:

@R_K, thanks for the insight. Unfortunately, I don't think those of us on ps4 are able to utilize add-ons -- at least there are no add-ons that I am aware of.

Options
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »

@R_K, thanks for the insight. Unfortunately, I don't think those of us on ps4 are able to utilize add-ons -- at least there are no add-ons that I am aware of.

@Aknunsus Ack, sorry -- I wasn't sure if you were on Console before. Well, let's hope that they change that at some point. <3
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hmmm, and if you used the Pledge of Mara, you can skin the NPC to be your husband/wife, whatever they are wearing the NPC version wears! Runs for the exit if they come into your housing instance.

Edit: Or for that matter, allow you to build your NPC using the character creation tool.
    Edited by Wreuntzylla on May 15, 2018 8:29PM
    Options