The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Help, Map ping stuck

Keywonhi
Keywonhi
Soul Shriven
I'm not sure when it got there but it WONT go away. Ive tried shift clicking and ctrl clicking but it only moves for a second and goes right back. Zooming out completely of the map and its at the very edge..Every time I form a group it shows up. Anyone know how to remove it?
shikyta5bkjt.png
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Keywonhi

Is this issue happening on more then one character?

Please try removing any add-ons and see if this issue still persists.
    1. Go to the "Elder Scrolls Online" folder in My Documents.
    2. Open the "live" folder (NA megaserver) or "liveeu" (EU megaserver).
    3. Remove all files from the "AddOns" folder.
    4. Remove all files from the "SavedVariables" folder.
    5. Remove AddOnSettings.txt from the "live" folder.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Thimesis
    Thimesis
    This happens to me all the time... it's so annoying. I can confirm this is an addon issue. I will try to narrow it down and update in a bit.
  • Thimesis
    Thimesis
    So I narrowed it down, it seems Bandit's UI is the culprit. So could you confirm it's also Bandit's UI on your end?
  • Thimesis
    Thimesis
    Update: Seems it was Bandit's UI stat share option. I'm almost 100% sure it also happens with any stat share addon. Just disable it and you're gonna be fine.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just giving Kudos, this was my problem as well. Just ran into this today.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thimesis wrote: »
    Update: Seems it was Bandit's UI stat share option. I'm almost 100% sure it also happens with any stat share addon. Just disable it and you're gonna be fine.

Although this is a bump to an old thread, I just want to say that this advice solved my persistent map ping marker issue today - so is still relevant. Thanks for the help, even though it is not that recent!
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Thimesis wrote: »

Although this is a bump to an old thread, I just want to say that this advice solved my persistent map ping marker issue today - so is still relevant. Thanks for the help, even though it is not that recent!

yes thanks this helped me too!
  • Tadian
    Tadian
    Soul Shriven
    Hey, I know this is an old thread but I cant find anything more recently.
    I got the same problem atm but with a smalml difference. I can't see my ping but others can and I can't find this stat share option in Bandits UI. Where is it?
    And why can I not see my own ping?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Since this discussion is over a year old we will be closing the thread.

@Tadian - As this issue is related to a specific add-on, you can start a new thread in our Add-Ons & UI Mods forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.