The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Longer Fight ever

Sporigudinai
Sporigudinai
✭✭✭
So guys, i´m new here and still dying really quickly in the fights.

So i´m curious, how much time took the longer fight you guys had??

PC-NA
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't say. They usually end with one side getting bored and walking away.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's your level? Class? Race? Gear? Need some more info before giving advice.

By longest fight do you mean duel or group v group?
    Edited by oXI_Viper_IXo on May 9, 2018 10:30PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The longest 1v1 fight I had was on my group healer DK against a (inexperienced) nightblade who couldnt figure out how to keep the pressure up on me and kept letting me back off and heal. Until I finally landed enough burst damage while I had them stunned and kept the pressure on myself long enough to kill them.

Point is, PVP is all about burst damage and keeping the pressure on. Most fights, unless you are line of sighting, dodging, mistforming, or stealthing away are pretty quick.

Since you are new to PVP, I recommend getting tanky enough to handle some of your opponent's burst damage. Impenetrable trait gear is great. Use self-heals proactively. When you want to try to kill someone, try to use burst damage or combine damage with a CC or stun. For example, I got the upper hand on that nightblade on my healer because I comboed the stun from Stonefist with my Dawnbreaker ultimate.

In group combat, such as following the zerg, I definitely recommend you get tanky and pay attention to the battlefield. You'll learn when to push and when to retreat, and getting tank will help you survive your mistakes a little longer. That battlefield awareness you learn will help you even when you run a squishier build.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had a over 40 minute duel with a magsorc one time that kept going back and fourth, and yes my hands and fingers were sore after. In open world fights usually not that long before 1 side gets a numbers advantage and zergs the other down quickly, Every once in a blue moon you get a really good long 3 way siege for a keep and those are super fun, Longest one I been in the entire time is a over hour long fight at roeback
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's hard to gauge the passage of time when you get caught up in a fairly even 1v1...

if I was to guess - I would say about 5 minutes or so fighting over a district flag...probably have been other extended fights also...

I really only clearly remember this particular fight - because I actually won :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    So guys, i´m new here and still dying really quickly in the fights.

So i´m curious, how much time took the longer fight you guys had??

all it takes is 1 guy building an indestructable tank and that fight will never end. if built and executed properly no single burst combo in the game will break the tank and the tank wont do anywhere near enough dmg to kill a decent and well played 1vX build. or just let 2 mag sorcs fight each other that just happen to both use ball lightning instead of streak. there is alot of matchups possible in this game that will never end but that simply comes with the freedom this game offers.