Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Returning player-Addon recommendations?

SuperBPro
SuperBPro
Getting back into ESO after a year or so. Only played a limited amount on PC and was wondering what addons you guys think are good. Also, do you use the Twitch app to download them or what? Thanks :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tamriel Trade Center or Master Merchant
    Votan's Minimap
    Lazy Writ Crafter
    CyroHUD
    Skyshard
    Lorebooks

I don't use Minion, but I'm pretty comfortable with handling mod files from Skyrim and Oblivion. I think most people find it easier to use Minion.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Minion. I can't live without the Lorebooks and Skyshards add-ons. Everything else is optional for me.
    There's a good one called Destinations as well, but it hasn't been updated to be compatible with the last patch yet.
  • Malachi79
    Malachi79
    ✭✭
    SuperBPro wrote: »
    Getting back into ESO after a year or so. Only played a limited amount on PC and was wondering what addons you guys think are good. Also, do you use the Twitch app to download them or what? Thanks :)

Search up minion, it’s probably the best and easiest way to get add ons for eso. You can look through the most popular section on it, read the add ons and download what you need/like.

Personally some add ons I use are
    •Master Merchant & Tamriel Trade Center (for finding items prices... etc)
    •AUI - adds some helpful pop ups in battle like stam regen, damage per ability.
    •Destinations (shows areas of interest like WW/vamp shrines, spawns, resource nodes... etc)
    •Skyshards and lorebooks? (Not sure on the actual names but they are separate add ons that just show the location of lorebooks and skyshards)
    "Corporal, Whats a Corporal?" #1 AAFC quote

*NA PC Mega-server*
    *Aldmeri Dominion - {Sir Notsodps} *Vampire* *PVE/Trials* *DPS*
    *Daggerfall covenant - {Emma Hearth} *Vampire* *PVE orientated* *Crafter*
    *Daggerfall covenant - {Sir Notsotankalot} *PVP/PVE orientated* *Tank*
    *Edonheart Pact - {Abcaac} *PVP orientated* *Warden Tank*

*EU PC Mega-server*
    *Aldmeri Dominion - Soon!
    *Daggerfall covenant - Soon!
    *Edonheart Pact - Soon!

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also use Minion and here is my list of addons:
    AUI Advanced UI - helps in few UI issues
    AwesomeGuildStore - trading would have been boring without it
    BugCatcher - helps preventing strange popups on screen
    Chest Master 9000 - marks locations of found random treasure chests
    Crafted Potions - to distinguish potions by colours and no longer delete the crafted ones.
    Crafting Stations - shows them on map
    Destinations - helps in following eg. the achievements like I like M'aiq or Give it to the Poor or Nose Diver.
    FCO Craft Filter - helps filtering in crafting
    Item Previev - installed it for previewing furnitures
    Lore Books - must have for Mages Guild
    Lost Treasure - shows locations of the treasure maps and surveys on your World Map.
    Master Merchant - a must have for trading (this or TTC), occassionaly need a reset otherwise PC can choke from excessive amount of data stored.
    MultiCraft - a handy addon, lets you set eg. 100 pieces of one item, which then are crafted automatically without the need of endlessly hit the key on the keyboard 100 Times. Great for crafting food and potions.
    Research Assistant - helps researching things.
    SkyShards - a must have, shows locations of all Sky Shards on the map.
    Slightly Improved Experience Bar - shows what normally is hidden by unknown reason.
    Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker - great addon giving an insight into what buffs and debuffs are applied with their duration, naturally shown on screen.
    Votan's Darker Nights - another great job on making Tamriel looking as it should look - all dungeons, all places with insufficient lights, like there is a room with single candle - it makes the surroundings dark. Exactly like we see in real life, no grey aura like that one from vanilla game. It is likely you won't see a tresure chest hidden in a dungeon, but then you have spells and can illuminate areas using spells - I love how it works. In vanilla game you see everything around because the world is too bright. This addon corrects that and it's great for role play.
    Edited by Gargath on May 20, 2018 9:31AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a solid replacement for AUI, which in my opinion updates too slowly, I recommend Bandits User Interface. Its Buff display is good enough to replace Srendar as well.

Another mandatory addon is No, thank you.
    Edited by Leandor on May 20, 2018 9:26AM
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Another mandatory addon is No, thank you.
    Thanks, finally I can stop the annoying 'Friend status messages in chat - [@username] has logged on with [character]' :).

PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."