Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

vMA without sigils tips

Hostee
Hostee
✭✭✭
I’m trying to complete vMA without using sigils with a decent enough score just to be on the leaderboard. I play a magsorc and I can only manage to beat the first 3 bosses without sigils and then I’m stuck. I have completed vMA multiple times using sigils but I just can’t seem to go without....
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe just use them for the last boss of each arena? I feel like enough people have stopped doing vMA in general that you should get on the leaderboard with a decent clear --sigils or no.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can't beat the first three bosses without sigils you have to change something. I only used sigils on the last boss the first time I did vMA with my mag sorc.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    odd....I never actually use the sigils and never have except by accident. No real tips for you though, since I play a mDK in heavy armor when I go there.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uhm. You got to be really good with Sorc to make leaderboards. Minimum 450k probably more like 500 so it sticks.

I heard it said If it’s taking you more than an hour, you should be using sigils. You can shorten the time by skipping treasure chests, repairs weapon charges...til you need them.

Them high scores on there are from people who run Maelstrom a lot. So they are very good at it. Very good.

Every time I run it I keep getting better at it. I have changed my builds for Maelstrom, just to suit me.

Try a different class. So easy to make leaderboards on Templar, Warden or DK.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc shouldn't need sigils, learn arena better and get a better set up.

Only time worth using sigils is if going for a flawless clear, especially the defence one.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never use sigils on magsorc. The problem with them is that they allow you to ignore a lot of stuff that you should normally address right away. You need to sort out your priority targets first and if you want ton leaderboard you will have to learn where which adds spawn so you can deal with the annoying ones right away. Look up a sorc run that is over 550k on youtube, there are some full runs and even older ones are good enough to watch just to see where adds spawn and which are taken care off immediately.

Whats your build like and what specifically is your problem?
  • Hostee
    Hostee
    ✭✭✭
    I’m using alcasts 1 pet magsorc build with mechanical acuity 5 piece, Ilambris 2 piece, maelstrom lightning staff backbar, and 4 piece moondancer.... I also have 5 piece necro I could swap out for bigger shields... I basically can get to the frozen lake arena without sigils but can’t beat the boss on frozen lake without using the sigils... I’m also stage 3 vampire which doesn’t help with vMA lol.