Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Fresh to 50... And now?

badger333
badger333
Hey so after returning and a fair bit of killing and grinding, I have finished leveling my now Magsorc to 50, think I'm at about 20cp or so...

Now I get that next step is cp 160 and work on gear, and as I'm aware a good start for me is julianos, I can't seem to find a list of materials to grind? Not sure if anyone can recommend a website to check?

Also 2nd question, iv carried on with normal dungeons and delves/shards etc, I'm guessing I'm best waiting for 160cp before changing that up? To set some background I'm an experienced mmo player but eso is still quite new to me so although I need time to learn more I feel ready to tackle a bigger challenge!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://alcasthq.com a pretty good one stop for new players looking to get a handle on how the game works in PvE.

He now has a section specifically for those new to the game https://alcasthq.com/eso-new-player-beginner-guide/

For now I would just focus on reaching CP 160. But you won't be able to farm the materials (rubedite, rubedo leather, ruby ash) until you reach CP 160. Imo just grind it out, don't bother with farming gear until you get there unless you somehow have a lot of extra gold to spend. What I would do is join a good beginner guild (if you haven't already), and have someone help you craft some up to date gear for now. In my experience, there are always people in guilds willing to craft some low level gear for new people for free. Use jewelry as you find it along the way. Endgame can't really start until you hit CP 160.

Oh, and get all the skyshards and skill points you can. This is your first toon so you'll probably want to have points in a lot of different areas including some crafting and deconing so you can get the best items from doing so.
    Edited by Vapirko on May 7, 2018 1:16PM
  • badger333
    badger333
    Ye that's cool I kind of gathered that sadly! I guess I'll carry on, try to find a nice friendly guild and keep going!

In reality with enlightenment it doesn't seem to take too long anyway!
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now.. level up those other class/weapon skills and continue on the lengthy and time consuming horse training and traits research. Also level up those Mage/Fighter/Undaunted dailies and continue on doing whatever contents to gain maximum XP for continual CP leveling. If you haven't, do all the quests (just one time around is all needed) for Cadwell's gold experience. Fish; go for the Master Angler. Grind dolmen for the dominator or Dedric Lord Slayer. Go for monster hunter and whatever other nifty achievement titles and trophies. Get the Skyshards and Mage lorebooks throughout the map. All and all, just explore every inch of the map while farming nodes, mats, chests, blasting away at adds/mobs/bosses and just enjoy the game.
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    But you won't be able to farm the materials (rubedite, rubedo leather, ruby ash) until you reach CP 160

not entirely accurate, which nodes you see is dependant 50% on your character level and 50% on your crafting passive, the first passive in each crafting skill determines what material will show on the nodes, 1=jute 2=flax etc all the way upto 10=ancestor silk (clothing as example)
    at 160 champion points with max passive all nodes will show as max level materials, anything else and you'll get a mix depending on level and passives :)
    Edited by Cuthceol on May 7, 2018 1:35PM
  • badger333
    badger333
    Thank you all, especially regarding the materials appearing according to level I did not know that! I'd better start with some crafting!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badger333 wrote: »

Now I get that next step is cp 160 and work on gear, and as I'm aware a good start for me is julianos, I can't seem to find a list of materials to grind? Not sure if anyone can recommend a website to check?

Also 2nd question, iv carried on with normal dungeons and delves/shards etc,

Your goal now is to get about 150 to 180 Skill Points, 130 is really the Minimum for a Viable Character. Also, making sure you have all your Class, Weapon and Armor skills at least to Morph Stage, if not on your morphs. This is the time that is the weirdest for a new character, your leveling out of your gear in 20 minutes, but you need to keep up with the gear to an extent. Although I would not worry over much until you get to CP160 as to what gear to keep. Just use Mob Drops for now.

As for gathering Mats, unless you have 10 to 30 points to invest in Material Passives, your not going to see the CP 160 mats you want in the world until your CP160. So, you may want to farm gold instead and buy what you need from Guild Stores. It takes about 1500 mats total to fully craft a gear CP160 set, depending on what you do. It takes less than a 100 mats to make a complete set of gear at lower levels. I think CP150 can be made for 150 or so total Mats.

Also, I would take this time to do Dungeons to level Undaunted, just don't use your Keys that you get for Pledges until you reach CP160, so save them until then. Not too important to do Vets until CP160, as you will be throwing the Monster Helms you get that are sub CP160.

Edited by Nestor on May 9, 2018 2:08AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    badger333 wrote: »
    Thank you all, especially regarding the materials appearing according to level I did not know that! I'd better start with some crafting!

You can buy Julianos pieces from guild traders for 6-12k each usually. I wouldnt try to create my own set without a master crafter that knows the traits you need. Instead i would buy the pieces and use mats for writs.Id also use thieving to supplement my income between writs and thieving you should be able to acquire the gold fairly quickly.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll add another major tip, which you might have figured out. Your daily enlightenment let’s you earn 400k xp at 4x the normal rate...and if you don’t play every day it stacks up to 12 days, or 4.8 million.

Because of this system, enlightenment xp is a great way to level any xp-driven skill lines or abilities that might have fallen behind. You can build a “turn in bar” comprised of skills that need to level, and then turn in quests with that bar equipped. The enlightenment xp is so powerful that doing this levels those skills the same as hours of grinding with them.

I personally run the Gold Coast world boss dailies...that’s 100k xp when enlightened. Then I grab a few more dailies if I still have enlightenment. The undaunted Bogrul quests are also good...you need 125+ to level the undaunted line, so you might as well work on these. Of course, if you’re questing through any of the zones you can use any quest turn in for this. They all become worth a lot of xp. You can also stack turn ins...play when you’re not enlightened, get several ready to go, then when you have some enlightenment put on your turn in bar and then turn in the stacked quest completions all at once.

Doing this to blow through accumulated enlightenment will allow you to get any class or weapon line or ability to max really, really fast. This is especially helpful to unlock/level weapon ultimates.