Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why is Annulment draining health?

HiGravShawn
Sorry if this is obvious but I cannot find a single mention that would cause this from here or google. I was going through a quest in Auridon with a newish character (sorc) and there was a sky shard that gave me a skill point which I spent on annulment. Right after that I engaged the semi-difficult named enemy and dies instantly... I mean 2 secs max which surprised me, but before I revived some higher level guy finished them off so I went about my business then engaged a normal tempest ghost or something and look down and I'm about to die again which is not normal when properly prepped. Then I realize when I cast annulment my health drops by like 50%. As I finish the quest I try to avoid it, but hit a few times due to habit or jumpiness and luckily still survive, but since have been testing it and first the ability says 6 secs, but I can hit shield up then 'c' which is almost immediate and I can't catch it reading higher than 3 sec and I don't see 3 sec going by before it displays, but it makes it hard to investigate this issue. Its obvious that while annulment is active my health drops significantly, but I cannot see a negative effect listed in that brief time left when I open character screen nor do my stats appear altered. I just see annulment cast bar and health dropping to half. I can't find any apparel or weapon effect that mentions any related affect. I'm not sure what is happening. Any feedback would really be appreciated as I all I find is nerf shield posts while I had to remove it from the bar before it got me killed.
Edited by HiGravShawn on May 6, 2018 10:22PM
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure your health is dropping or that there is a glass like gel on your healthbar, that make it look like you lose health bcs it turn it slightly darker red.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • HiGravShawn
    :# (embarrassed face) LOL I think you are on the right track unfortunately, but I recently started using aui add on and apparently it overlays the health bar with shields in a pale bluish gray which on my monitor in the dark looked like missing health. Plus as I mentioned in my original post after I died that first time which was the first thing that gave me pause the baddie was immediately killed before I revived by another player so it’s been suggested he may have already been there and the boss was scaled for him but don’t really know details of scaling in ESO
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    Are you sure your health is dropping or that there is a glass like gel on your healthbar, that make it look like you lose health bcs it turn it slightly darker red.
    :o:p:#>:)B)o:):*o:)<3

• Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :# (embarrassed face) but don’t really know details of scaling in ESO

Its very simple - the entire openworld is CP160. Lower level players than that are then Battle-scaled UP to that, with the scaling being more severe the lower level you are. This optimises around level 36, when you are nearly twice as powerful as a CP 160 player.

Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015