Best way to get gold

Thats_So_Wizard
I’m currently trying to get tons of motifs and I need some more gold what’s the best way to go about this?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's the way that's fun enough that you will actually do it?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level up Legerdemain and steal.

Once you get all 4 levels of Locksmith, cracking safeboxes is a breeze.

This also increases the chance of finding more blue and purple items in them.

I make 30k/day stealing, and I don't even maximize the fence allotment or the full 10% price (not enough skill points yet).
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait for SI, cause market is slow atm
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I am hurting for money I would hit up crimson cove for money, yes I know public dungeon and anyone can come in and mess it up but if you do your build right and hand it a certain way you can gain it back from others. That and you do a double of clearing up the area for people doing quests through it.
    Make about 5k in about 5-10 minutes before selling and repairing stuff. So yeah that is pure money drops without taking into consideration items.
    Stealing is still one of the slowest ways to make money.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Level up Legerdemain and steal.

Once you get all 4 levels of Locksmith, cracking safeboxes is a breeze.

This also increases the chance of finding more blue and purple items in them.

I make 30k/day stealing, and I don't even maximize the fence allotment or the full 10% price (not enough skill points yet).

30k a day is very minor.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm telvar
    Writs on many alts
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm telvar
    Writs on many alts

Doing crafting writs on alts I am afraid is not the fastest way, true it is good for being mindless but it is not the best. I am not sure about telvar though, never tried that and not sure how to put a figure around that.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealing - 2k every 6 min (auridon bank rotation) - 20k an hour
    Writs - (I do almost all minimum level) 5 characters 18k less than an hour
    Cropsford Quests/Bruma - 10kish in 20 min per town

So if I wanna make gold without selling anything to other players I do these. About 50k in 2ish hours
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • kjones0996
    The real way to make lots of money takes some work. Buy items at low traffic traders that people don’t know how to properly price and sell them at a big trader for massive profit. If you’re on console, it’s pretty up and down bc you are dependent on people listing expensive stuff for dirt cheap. It happens all the time. You just have to find the deals. I log in to anywhere from 50k to 300-400k every time I log in.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farming raw mats. I needed gold this week, and about 5-6 hours later I'm sitting at 400k.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 6, 2018 7:32PM
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just do what annoys me least at the time: Writs, motif/gear farming, stealing,... A good part of my wealth comes from selling stuff I picked up along the way without explicitly farming money though: Pvp rewards, tel var, things picked up while questing, refining mats, etc. Probably not the most efficient way to get rich but the least annoying.
    Edited by Ufretin on May 6, 2018 6:54PM
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm raw mats. Even in zones with other players and bots, you can net 1500-2000 gold per minute if your max CP. Even lower level raw mats sell well.

It's mindless, easy, and boring, but it's steady income that doesn't rely on an RNG.

I used to steal but compared to farming mats, I earn at least 2x farming mats even with a favorable RNG.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kjones0996 wrote: »
    The real way to make lots of money takes some work. Buy items at low traffic traders that people don’t know how to properly price and sell them at a big trader for massive profit. If you’re on console, it’s pretty up and down bc you are dependent on people listing expensive stuff for dirt cheap. It happens all the time. You just have to find the deals. I log in to anywhere from 50k to 300-400k every time I log in.

Underhanded things like this is something I could never see myself doing to someone. It is a toxic behavior.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »
    kjones0996 wrote: »

Underhanded things like this is something I could never see myself doing to someone. It is a toxic behavior.

How is that underhanded? It's called flipping. It's a common business practice.

There are a dozen shows on HGTV right now dedicated to flipping houses.
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dance naked in major cities. +1 if you have someone play music for you.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »
    30k a day is very minor.
    I'm not including guild selling.

30k/day is easy money anyone can make within an hour. :smile: