Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pvp/IC campaigns

l.ys
l.ys
✭✭
I noticed a bit of a common issue while running around in Cyrodiil and in Imperial City...
Currently, there are two champion campaigns, one low level, and one for doing pvp without champion points. Imperial City tends to be abandoned in Non-CPs, and in low level, as players are unlikely to do bosses and survive to farm it in reasonable time. Also, this same issue goes for Cyrodiil itself, but it is in a relatively reasonable state compared to the DLC zone.

HOWEVER

In CP campaigns, I find that the population is overwhelming, having groups of 50 or more players per alliance in a given keep. The performance goes to crap during battles like these, as this kind of crowding is ridiculous. I am all for the seige mechanics in Cyrodiil, and the class balance is not really of my concern by comparison to this. I cannot help but feel that perhaps having another CP campaign may help with the PVP population, as I am a bit tired of laggy fights that drive my morale down a few notches. Given the population of IC as well, sometimes I just feel like I am being choked. I would like the population to be more spread out, in whatever way possible.

With all due respect ZOS, and for the Pact!

Lys
Edited by l.ys on May 6, 2018 2:33PM
All hardmode trials done on NA
@Rostelore ingame user.
Main templar healer
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC/NA, Vivec is the only CP campaign that sees that level of population. Shor is only conpetitive during primetime - and when I was on Shor last night with a smaller group, a zerg was 15 players, which is laughable by Vivec standards.

The problem with adding more CP campaigns is that Vivec is the only one with high and relatively balanced pop all day. And guilds can't just move to Shor because without opposing guilds, a PVP guild from Vivec will just zerg the map in Shor which is no fun for the guild and no fun for the regulars on Shor. To make it work, you'd have to have guilds from each faction come over to Shor and good luck making that happen.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should make imperial city 1 campaign and remove it from the other campaigns
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    They should make imperial city 1 campaign and remove it from the other campaigns

my only guess as to why this hasn't already happened:

???

okay, i got nothing...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    To make it work, you'd have to have guilds from each faction come over to Shor and good luck making that happen.

Why would it be so hard tho? I don't understand why people like this unplayable shitshow that is Vivec. Everytime I play there, zone chat is filled by complaints on that and yet, they stay in there... Why can't 3 guild come together to Shor?
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »
    To make it work, you'd have to have guilds from each faction come over to Shor and good luck making that happen.

Why would it be so hard tho? I don't understand why people like this unplayable shitshow that is Vivec. Everytime I play there, zone chat is filled by complaints on that and yet, they stay in there... Why can't 3 guild come together to Shor?

It’s not quite that easy for guilds to move. It takes a tremendous amount of buy-in from the membership of a guild to move off the campaign that already has the fights, server performance notwithstanding, and competition they want.

Now you need that same buy-in from three guilds when it’s already hard enough to get it from one.

Not saying it can’t be done, but it would take good cooperation between rival guilds to get it done. And that sort of open dialogue doesn’t typically exist on the scale needed to get it done.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC should have a separate queue, CP or no CP, jsut one to start, and make it worth going in there again.