Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Best race choice for all roles, single character?

Calsifer
Calsifer
✭✭✭
Thinking of simplifying my life by having but a single character. But to avoid becoming tired playing the same role, I plan to make my sorc into an extremely flexable character.

I plan to get all Skill points possible, morph all active abilites, class,weapon and guilds, so that I can respec into any role as desired.

But the question I have is . . . What race would be best suited for any possible build/role both stam or magicka?

Thank you in advance for any light you all could shed on this subject.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer are the only race to get matched Magicka and Stamina bonuses, so there's that. All the others favour one or the other.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Calsifer
    Calsifer
    ✭✭✭
    That Sounds Exactly like what I was looking for. :)
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or argonians. they have increased health and some basic bonus to magicka, but the best port about them is the increased healing done and received together with the additional resources when using a potion.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say Dunmer (Dark Elf), too. They have bonuses to both magic and stamina already.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Argonians hands down. I've played all three roles on em, and do magicka dps myself. I know a couple other lizards who do stam/mag dps and have stuff like Immortal Redeemer and Dromathra Destroyer.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id say argonian too, best allrounders. Dunmer rather if youre a dk and like switching between mag and stam dd
  • Calsifer
    Calsifer
    ✭✭✭
    Thank You All Kindly for the excellent advice!!