Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Pelinal's Set question

Tukolp
Tukolp
Hey guys/girls, I'm currently playing a high elf magplar, but would be like to be melee and and gain weapon damage from my int, and I heard with this set it can be achieved.
My question is, that if my stam abilities for example uppercut will gain damage from my int because of this set, then the skill will also cost magicka or intelect ?
Thanks for the help,
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Teso there are only magicka stamina spell damage and weapon damage

Some skills scale more on magicka stamina some scale more on spell or weapon damage

Pelinal allows both damages to have the same value so you can theorically use both skills

In practical it is not yet very efficient

Some rumors say it will be much better after summerset update

A skill that costs stamina will always cost stamina no matter what sets you were

Same goes for magicka skills
  • Tukolp
    Tukolp
    Tbh, im still lvl 45, so i guess when summerset comes i will be okay.
    Or if I wanna be melle shoul just go for stamina.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heyhey
    to be a melee fighter, you dont have to be a stamina toon. templars have for example a very nice skill called puncturing strikes, which has a magicka and stamina morph. both are melee attacks for example. but if you want to use melee attacks from the skilllines like 2h or dual wield, maximum stamina and weapon damage will define, how much damage those skills will do.
    the damage of a skill is always (ok a few exceptions are there) scaled with a maximum resource and the corresponding damage type. so an ability with stamina costs will scale with your max stamina and your weapon damage, meanwhile a magicka ability scales with max magicka and spelldamage.