The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Constantly stuck in combat??

Hammy01
Hammy01
✭✭✭✭✭
Tonight I decided to dust off my magicka templar in Cyrodill and I found myself constantly in combat unable to mount or use wayshrines. Is there some kind of new bug going on right now? The thing that is weird is that I can mount up ride for a distance and then dismount to collect some ore and then suddenly I am put into combat and not a single person is in sight. I was grouped but my teammates were a couple of keeps away and I had not healed anyone for a long time.

I really started noticing it after I put on the Mighty Chudan monster set. Could it be that when the set does its little animation it puts you in combat? If this is what life in Cyrodill is like for Magicka templars then I might just leave mine in crafting land permanently :).
  • Amaljia
    Amaljia
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it has anything to do with the monster set. I was questing on my mag warden last night and she kept getting stuck in combat with NO npcs/monsters/critters around. The only way I could fix it, was to go into sneak mode. This is making questing a pain, as I'm unable to interact with things I have to interact with.
    P.S. (my warden is not even wearing a monster set)
    PC NA @Amaljia
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden is always in combat for me, dunno about Templar.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being stuck in combat is one of the things I hate most in this game. I think the only purpose the "in combat" status serves is that its resource regen is different than normal resource regen, but if there's another reason then I just don't know. It's annoying AF not being able to interact with things because usually the game thinks you're in combat, or more likely were in combat a short time before but are no longer. Like I'll still be "in combat" 5-7 seconds after everything around is dead and gone, but it still prevents me from interacting with anything. I can't count how many times I've had a craft node or chest sniped from under me because I was stuck "in combat" and couldn't interact while someone else swoops in and collects it...
    Edited by N00BxV1 on May 5, 2018 9:10PM
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hardly ever noticed it on my nightblade because it seemed that I was never stuck in combat and if ever I could not mount up then I could just sprint until I got out of combat. Trying this on a magicka templar with no easy access to any speed buffs (excluding pots) just makes pvp seems a lot slower.... plus we are always playing catch up to our groups! :smiley:

They really need to fix getting stuck in combat or give every class easy access to at least a good minor expedition buff.

One more thing I would like to ask.... why does it take so long to get into Keep / Outpost doors? This actually is happening on all my characters... but even if I am not in a huge rush I still have to click on the door multiple times before it actually lets me in. Sometimes I spam the A button and other times I take my sweet time but no matter what it hardly ever lets me in the first click.

Ok ok one more as well lol, What is up with all the dead bodies scooting around everywhere that you can't rez? I am sure this is a bug and they only appear dead on my screen but does ZOS actually have plans on fixing any of this?

PS. This is all on Xbox one EU.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A fix I found is to put your weapons away.
    Also helps if you're not in combat and trying to farm a node, but the game won't let you.
    Weird, but it works.
  • Amaljia
    Amaljia
    ✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    Also helps if you're not in combat and trying to farm a node, but the game won't let you.
    Weird, but it works.

This isn't working for me, as it's completely random and more than half the time my weapon(s) are away
    PC NA @Amaljia
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a feature. esp if you run any kind of heal.

@Hammy01 don't get me started on *** doors. :)

• Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lingering buffs/debuffs that are placed on you, or you place on other players keeps the combat timer up if they/you are still in combat.

Least that what I've figured.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was your group in combat?
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amaljia wrote: »
    Weird, but it works.

This isn't working for me, as it's completely random and more than half the time my weapon(s) are away

Actually swap weapons then store them. You can even swap, swap back then store. For me the swap clears this combat bug most always.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Amaljia
    Amaljia
    ✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    Amaljia wrote: »
    Weird, but it works.

Actually swap weapons then store them. You can even swap, swap back then store. For me the swap clears this combat bug most always.

I'll have to try this the next time it happens. It's clearly a bug, and unlike the OP I was not in Cyro and not in a group (which made it all more obvious and annoying)
    PC NA @Amaljia
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird, but it works.
    Grimm13 wrote: »

This doesn't work for me. I've tried swapping weapons multiple times, sheathe weapons, then crouch and will be "hidden" but still in combat. Getting stuck "in combat" seems to be random because sometimes it ends much sooner than others and also sometimes I'm able to interact with things. Any time I get stuck it's usually at least 5-7 seconds (or more) for the status to end when nothing is around, no group members, no buffs/debuffs on me etc. I think part of the problem could also be the gamepad ui on PC because it just seems unfinished and glitchy as feck.