The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The look of Riften guards

Gargath
Gargath
✭✭✭✭✭
They are Nords but look like they were starving for years. Please give these strong people more muscles, make them looking like real guardians of the city.
Any time I was chasing by a guard the experience was more ridiculous than scaring. Like I was chased by a jester. That's not how it should be if the immersion has to be deep.
You can't expect me to show respect to these funny guys:
3FDEMHr.jpg

PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Someone stole their sweetrolls...
    6441881-1458755171.jpg
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    They are Nords but look like they were starving for years. Please give these strong people more muscles, make them looking like real guardians of the city.
    Any time I was chasing by a guard the experience was more ridiculous than scaring. Like I was chased by a jester. That's not how it should be if the immersion has to be deep.
    3FDEMHr.jpg

They are Dunmer on your screenshot actually, look! :D
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3FDEMHr.jpg

Multiculturalism ruins the game. A Dunmer shouldn’t be a Riften guard, and this is coming from a Dunmer; the same goes for Argonian ‘Pact’ guards. They can’t be trusted to brew tea, yet they are given arms and armor by the pact? What a backwards world we live in. The savages should be subjugated, not enabled.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3FDEMHr.jpg

Multiculturalism ruins the game. A Dunmer shouldn’t be a Riften guard, and this is coming from a Dunmer; the same goes for Argonian ‘Pact’ guards. They can’t be trusted to brew tea, yet they are given arms and armor by the pact? What a backwards world we live in. The savages should be subjugated, not enabled.

I do feel as if the multiculturalism in the game is a bit much. I understand that with something like an empire that rules the majority of a continent and allows trade between provincial borders you will see quite a bit of immigration and movement of traders into different regions. But the size of cities, and towns its a bit immersion breaking to walk into a place like the Rift and see the over abundance of representation by the different races.

I would expect the regions primary races to be the most prominent, something like 80-85% with ally races that live in regions nearest being the next sizeable population of 10-13%. Allies farthest being far smaller like 2-4% and anyone from a foreign enemy regions being 1-2%. I get that ZOS is probably less concerned with immersion on this level than say Bethesda. But it would of been nice for them to have put some more thought in how things come across when players walk into a city and see an over abundance of races not native to the area.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it immersion breaking to see various races in various roles when, according to the demographics page on the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages, the "dominant" race in a province has typically made up only about half the game's population? We don't have a truly pre-or post-Empire game for comparison, but this percentage remains fairly constant across all games, despite the difference in eras and relative strength of the Cyrodilic Empire.

A central theme in all of the alliance questlines is improving the relationship between the races that make up the alliance, seen most prominently in the Pact's Eastmarch questline and the Dominion's Auridon and Grahtwood questlines.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there weren't enough foreigners in each province, there wouldn't be anything for the majority race to complain about, and the player character would feel really out of place.In Skyrim, my Khajiit felt uncomfortable going into the cities. At least, until he got arrested, and released from jail onto the city streets.

• Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is it immersion breaking to see various races in various roles when, according to the demographics page on the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages, the "dominant" race in a province has typically made up only about half the game's population? We don't have a truly pre-or post-Empire game for comparison, but this percentage remains fairly constant across all games, despite the difference in eras and relative strength of the Cyrodilic Empire.

A central theme in all of the alliance questlines is improving the relationship between the races that make up the alliance, seen most prominently in the Pact's Eastmarch questline and the Dominion's Auridon and Grahtwood questlines.

Because immersion is built on suspension of disbelief? And having half of a province, thats supposed to be far larger than what we see in game where the main mode of transport is on foot or on horseback, is a variety of other races from far flung locations on the other side of Tamriel?

In the real world the only country to host such diversity is the US. As of the 2010 Census the population of the US was primarily white at 72% with african american coming in second at 12%. So in 200 years of existence, with the invention of trains, cars and air planes one race is still dominant presence wise in a country of immigrants. The idea that foreigners coming in and taking up a solid 50% of the total population of a province just does not make any logical sense. And so...Its immersion breaking.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax