Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Restoring Magicka question with Fire and Lightning staff?

flguy147ub17_ESO
flguy147ub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
i front bar fire and back bar lightning. Which one is better to use when you need to restore magicka? Or is it fire for single target and when there are adds use lightning staff to restore magicka? I would think lightning without question for when their are adds just for the aoe damage. But what if its a single target boss?
  • Malkorga
    Malkorga
    ✭✭✭
    I find it depends on the situation. Lightning is good for when you are engaged in combat and can maintain constant damage.

I use fire when I am at a distance or am between combat and need to restore magic at the start of a fight.

Regards,
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both restore magicka just fine. I don't think there's a difference in how much magicka they restore, with all other things being equal. (At least not that I'm aware of.) There's a champion point passive you can put points into that can increase the amount of magic you can restore with heavy attacks.
    I use lightning staves for all my magicka characters, though, except for my Dark Elves (Dunmers), because they get a natural boost to fire damage, so I use fire staves with them.
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some bizarre reason I always hit my back bar which is a lightning staff for my heavy attacks. My inferno front bar is used more for light attack weaving. Probably doesn’t matter though :smiley:
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is absolutely a difference in resource return between weapons, here is the base return, before any percentage amps.
    Bow HA Stamina Restore 2724
    Dual Wield HA Stamina Restore 1667
    2H HA Stamina Restore 2426
    1H+Shield HA Stamina Restore 2014
    Fire/Frost HA Magicka Restore 2823
    Shock HA Magicka Restore 3633
    Restoration HA Magicka Restore 3219
    Werewolf HA Stamina Restore 1617