The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We need a Global Search System for Guild Stores

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
Ever been looking all over the continent for something specific, yet never managed to find it?
Ever been looking for a great deal, only to find the prices are highly inconsistent between items of roughly the same worth?
Ever wished you could seek out a specific item in a Guild Store without having to sift through endless trash?

What we need is a way for players to type in search terms for a specific item, and be able to find out which stores have it, where they're located, and how much they're charging. It would streamline the whole process of buying something, it would actually provide a consistent market (which consoles DESPERATELY need), and it would give everyone playing a better idea of how much things are actually worth.

So far, the only valid argument I've seen against this is that location will mean a lot less. While that is true, I'd like to believe that competing over prices would be preferable than competing over locations. If anything, this would actually make it a lot easier for sellers too, as more people would have access to their merch and so things would be sold a lot faster, provided the pricing was fair.

As an additional change, I think sellers should be able to change the price of their items without having to take down the listing and then put it back up. Just a small change that would make it simpler to lower the price on things that aren't selling too good.
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »

That's far from accurate. Doesn't it rely on players reporting that they've seen certain items or something?

EDIT: Yeah, it's not picking up ANYTHING for Imperial Motif OR Perfect Roe. I'm pretty sure that of all the Guild Stores in Tamriel, at least one of them has these items. In fact, I'm looking at an Imperial Motif in a Guild Store right now.
    Edited by Azurephoenix999 on May 3, 2018 8:16PM
    Options
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

there are people on consoles and that sucks for consoles.

and it should be in the game, not a third party website.

having this may help stop those parasites that shout in starter zones trying to rip off new players by buying things cheap and reselling for 2 to 3 times the price.
    Options
  • haygrubb
    haygrubb
    ✭✭✭
    I would kill to be able to search just one guild. Just a single guild trader search function would be amazing and should have already been implemented a long time ago and would make a huge difference.
    Edited by haygrubb on May 3, 2018 8:40PM
    Options
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. It's inconceivable that we haven't ever gotten this feature.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever been looking all over the continent for something specific, yet never managed to find it?

YES! The wall mounting kit for my convection microwave when we were building our house. I looked it up on the manufacturer's website, found a couple of sites that were offering it in stock, OK'd the kitchen design with the builder and went and ordered it.

Turns out they had just discontinued it. I ended up trying to order from three different sites. No luck. My microwave is still sitting in an ugly hole in the cupboard.

As for guild traders, what you really need is for ZOS to integrate AwesomeGuildStore in the UI. It has very refined search options and it remembers your searches from one store to the next. It's a HUGE QoL over the default UI.

The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can we go one day without the same six people beating the same damn dead horse ?

Options
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can we go one day without the same six people beating the same damn dead horse ?

It's a feature that would improve the game a lot, and I'm reminded of it literally every time I go window shopping in Mournhold. I'm going to talk about it.
    Options
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^this...

pity the poor auction horse...

cue meme?
    Options
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a feature that would improve the game a lot, and I'm reminded of it literally every time I go window shopping in Mournhold. I'm going to talk about it.

again. it wouldnt improve the game. zos has stated it will NEVER be in the game.

all of these posts are just spam now
    Options
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭

While it may have been talked about before there is no harm in someone bringing it up again. If nobody ever asked about it then it could be said that people quit caring. They have the right to post a suggestion just like you have a right to simply ignore the thread.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durnik wrote: »

While it may have been talked about before there is no harm in someone bringing it up again. If nobody ever asked about it then it could be said that people quit caring. They have the right to post a suggestion just like you have a right to simply ignore the thread.

But if we ignore the thread it could be said that we stopped caring. :-P
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • rikimm16_ESO
    rikimm16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

again. it wouldnt improve the game. zos has stated it will NEVER be in the game.

It will never be in the game until they decide to implement it. I’m sure it can be done, they just don’t want to spend the money for it now.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It will never be in the game until they decide to implement it. I’m sure it can be done, they just don’t want to spend the money for it now.

And if they do they will have killed one of the things about this game that is unique. And it will be a sad day.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    a lot of you are losing gold because of this system as most of my friends want to play the game and not travel all over to shop. the current system is beyond bad. words that come to mind that describe it I can not post.

the system as is should have never lasted this long in the first place.

so make that seven now.

Options
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

And if they do they will have killed one of the things about this game that is unique. And it will be a sad day.

what exactly is unique about it? The frustration? Not trying to be rude or anything, maybe I got your point completely wrong...
    I just can't seem to see one single benefit of not being able to search whatever it is I want to find.
    Options
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

The state of the market on consoles is kinda ridiculous we really do need something like this. It's okay for PC players as they have add-ons to fix a good portion of the quality of life issues but for console players it gets really frustrating sometimes.
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    PC NA 400+ CP
    nerf ping please
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Franieck wrote: »

what exactly is unique about it? The frustration? Not trying to be rude or anything, maybe I got your point completely wrong...
    I just can't seem to see one single benefit of not being able to search whatever it is I want to find.

The fact that you can choose whether you want to shop around or buy the first thing you find. It gives it a sort of "Flea market" feel that an Auction House does not have. It adds to the atmosphere of the game, IMO. I agree that the UI could use some major improvement if you are not on PC and can't use AwesomeGuildStore.

There are not many things in the game that are so rare that you couldn't find them by going through one or two of the major hubs. And then you can choose to keep searching to find them at the best price possible, but that is a matter of choice.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because who doesn't just love spending half of their game time going from trader to trader and scrolling through the list of a billion duplicate motifs trying to find that ONE you don't have and want to purchase so you can complete a master writ?
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game really needs an intuitive search feature inside the guild trader menu. Simply doing that would speed up things for buyers and wouldn't take away from the feel of individual traders.

I wouldn't be completely opposed to a list in each zone of items each trader has in that zone but it could cause some performance issues loading and tracking all those items. Prices should not be included with the list. Doing this would allow buyers to speed up the process of finding what they need but would require visiting each trader that has that item if they are bargain shopping.

I think adding an intuitive search feature in each individual traders menu would fix most the problems buyers have with the system. Could also help sellers research prices before they list items.

and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play on PC and i am strongly against global AH. However, this game does need a global search function for traders. There is no harm in having global search function and no reason to spend a bunch of game time going through trader after trader to find something.
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on PC and i am strongly against global AH. However, this game does need a global search function for traders. There is no harm in having global search function and no reason to spend a bunch of game time going through trader after trader to find something.

For some players (quite a few actually) going from trader to trader is the part of the game they like most.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

For some players (quite a few actually) going from trader to trader is the part of the game they like most.

Well they're free to keep doing that if they want. It's not as if using the feature would be mandatory.
    Options
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact that you can choose whether you want to shop around or buy the first thing you find. It gives it a sort of "Flea market" feel that an Auction House does not have. It adds to the atmosphere of the game, IMO. I agree that the UI could use some major improvement if you are not on PC and can't use AwesomeGuildStore.

There are not many things in the game that are so rare that you couldn't find them by going through one or two of the major hubs. And then you can choose to keep searching to find them at the best price possible, but that is a matter of choice.

It's not an Auction House I'm even talking about here! Just a way of searching the already existing Guild Stores to find the item you want faster!
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's far from accurate. Doesn't it rely on players reporting that they've seen certain items or something?

EDIT: Yeah, it's not picking up ANYTHING for Imperial Motif OR Perfect Roe. I'm pretty sure that of all the Guild Stores in Tamriel, at least one of them has these items. In fact, I'm looking at an Imperial Motif in a Guild Store right now.

I just did a search for crafting motif 10, and found lots of imperial motifs for sale. You have to search it the way ZOS names it. It does have a (some what) smart search, but not always.
    Options
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

I just did a search for crafting motif 10, and found lots of imperial motifs for sale. You have to search it the way ZOS names it. It does have a (some what) smart search, but not always.

Nah, I see what the issue is. I'm on Console. There are barely any entries for the server I'm on.
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone please explain to me why, on console, i cannot search in a guild trader yet when i am browsing the furniture crownstore in my housing interface, I can search for things

How is this possible?
    Edited by Apache_Kid on May 3, 2018 11:26PM
    Options
  • craigr02
    craigr02
    ✭✭✭
    Franieck wrote: »

Maybe zos should just disable addons for pc so you too can experience not having good qol addons.
    I bet your tune would change in 1 day.
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    craigr02 wrote: »

Maybe zos should just disable addons for pc so you too can experience not having good qol addons.
    I bet your tune would change in 1 day.

Huh?

The two (2) major add-ons for PC only give an estimated price of what you're looking for.

It's up to players to search for the best deal.

Console players can still look for the best deal ... they just don't have a starting point.
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That isn't really a global search, because the TTC gets confused with EU / NA all the time and it takes a couple hours for it to even go live on TTC search
    Options