Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Best way to make use of the Grand Amnesty Edict?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
The Grand Amnesty Edict, an item that, as far as I know, is obtained ONLY once per character by completing the Thieves Guild questline. It removes 100,000 of your bounty and clears all heat.

Problem is...I've literally never had a bounty anywhere close to this high, and it would be a tremendous waste to use it on something trivial. It's also character bound, so not only can't I trade it, I can't pass it onto another character either. To put it simply, unless I do something that gets me a CRAZY high bounty, this is going to remain in my inventory forever.

So...how could I best take advantage of this item? I want to use it for something, which means I have to get my bounty high. I want to use it for something profitable, rather than just killing indiscriminately, so I think thieving is the way to go...but how on earth do you accrue such a high bounty from thieving? And how do you get enough money from that to make it not a complete waste of time and resources?

Any ideas?
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    I go to a certain place full of safebox and pick them all, then wait fo them to respawn and do it again.
    Won't tell my special place because i already met a lot of other farmers there so damn them
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're going for certain Justice System achievements (like Mass Murderer), the grand amnesty writ will come in handy for clearing bounty related to those activities.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take all your gear off, dump all your gold in the bank, put on a nord bathers towel, run around cityies stabbing and stealing in plain sight, slot retreating monouver to gtfo fast when a guard tries to catch you, sell all your stolen wares to the fence, have fun.
    Seems like a awesome friday night imo.