The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sorry, Dawnlight Palace

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
I was so ready to spend my crown horde on this place, and while it’s true that I haven’t even seen it “in person” yet...THE GROTTO. I just don’t see being able to spend my crowns on anything with the grotto coming down the pipe. (This is why I think the limited release strategy is really stupid...if I decide The grotto isn't as cool as I think it will be, I won’t be able to go back and buy Dawnlight, which is what keeps happening, and why I have all these crowns in the first place).

Why I lean grotto:

- Decorating a houseboat seems cool. Decorating a wrecked boat suspended above ancient ruins seems SUPER COOL.
- The property looks amazing...the ruins, the beaches, the waterfalls.
- Initial inspections of Dawnlight reveal a lot of suspicious stains under UV light. Barf. Dirty merchants.
- I’m not sure Dawnlight is THAT much better than my Hundings Palace.

Yeah...I looked at the PtS tours of the grotto again. There’s no way I’m spending crowns before it comes out, lol. That’s totally my purchase for the year. The team just went all out on that one.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...it is pretty cool. But, it's also another example of ZOS going way overboard in order to charge more crowns.

People asked for a houseboat - we got a houseboat, plus lots of land and ruins and...yeah. I would have been much more satisfied with just a houseboat, and would have paid crowns for it. But alas, it seems that ZOS only wants to make way over-the-top housing for lots of crowns.
  • gjohnson146
    gjohnson146
    ✭✭
    What's the new boat house called? I've been wanting to look it up and see what it is! Thanks!
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @gjohnson146

Colossal aldmeri grotto. I’m excited...it goes well with my island, lol. It’s what I spend my plus allowance on...I never spend a single crown until a super house comes along.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T9bu2lmJooo
  • gjohnson146
    gjohnson146
    ✭✭
    @davey1107
    Thank you!!