Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Stamina Warden Bow / Dual Dagger

Inoki
Inoki
✭✭✭
Hi guys,

I'm a new player to ESO and wanted to ask about recommendations for a Warden Stamina build with Bow / Dual Dagger. I play the game casually, enjoying PVE a lot, and as a PVP player in other games I would like to dive into PVP in this game as well.

I checked out a few guides on YouTube and read a few on random sites I found but would like to hear opinions / suggestions as to why it would be good / bad to go for the spec. I'm lv. 31 at this point, haven't crafted anything yet so still got plenty of time to respec if needed.

Can you share your views on something similar and maybe advise what to get and why?

Race:
Khajit

Weapons:
Bow - main
Dual Daggers - secondary

Armour:
Medium

World skills:
Werewolf

Aim:
To be somewhat of an assassin / beastmaster on long range. I enjoy the playstyle of a thief but coupling it with a bit of extras from the beastmastery.

I used the skill advisor with the skills but didn't ofc take all of them, only those I deemed necessary focused on stamina mainly.

I would like to hear opinions on Warden in general, weapon choices, armour choices, foods, potions, poisons and such, perhaps sharing tips on crafting.

Many thanks in advance!
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s a really broad question...I’m not sure what info best helps you.

Yes, generally you’re onto a really strong build. It should work great. Stam wardens have an amazing class tool kit that makes them versatile and fun. You get your buffs and heals from these, so you get total flexibility with weapon choices. You will have good sustain, good dps, good resource management and should be good for PvE and PvP, whatever you want to play. I love my stam warden.

Some general advice

*note - when you’re a vet you get daily “super charged” xp called enlightenment. This will work up xp-based lines and abilities really fast, so if I mention working something up be aware you can do it when you reach vet. No need to grind it overly aggressively before then.

Weapons

Go ahead and work 2h up as well. Builds come along and it’s good to have this worked up.

Armor

Work up heavy as well. As vets, lots of characters wear a couple of pieces of heavy. So my approach is to level the line and ultimately invest in the first three passives. And who knows...you might eventually try a heavy armor build and invest in all of them. But for now, wear a piece or two of heavy and work it up.

Food

You should always, always run with food. You can use blue max stam plus health, or purple tri stat. If you want, in Wrothgar above the Morkuldin forge there’s a series of short quests with an NPc called Orzaga. She rewards a series of recipes that are “leveling” food...they can be used by a character of any level and sort of scale. These are fine to use for now if you don’t have or want to track down new recipes every five levels.

Potions

Key for a warden is to look for potions that don’t waste a buff by trying to apply something twice. What I mean is that your Netch...a core skill if you haven’t unlocked it...will provide major brutality. Named buffs only apply once, and a common new player mistake is to craft potions with buff they’re already getting.

Poisons

I personally find these more for PvP, where you might want a specialized effect. You can honestly skip them until you’re more experienced and might want them for specific stuff. For now, enchants will do fine for you.

Abilities of note

Subterranean assault - learn to line this up correctly. It’s damage potential can’t be overstated. Wow it can hit hard.

Bull Netch - a huge part of eso is keeping the buffs up. It might feel like a “waste” of a slot, but keeping major brutality up for 20% more damage is important.

Green Lotus - another buff, major savagery. The numbers on crit are a bit obtuse for new players. Let’s simplify, and say that while this is active 10% more of your hits are critical, meaning you’re boosting damage by 5%+. But this ability is a POWERFUL heal for you too.

Weapon skills of note: slashes, deadly cloak, poison inject. I really like shrouded daggers. For learning and solo, don’t underestimate bow’s draining shot. It can be helpful.

Grinds of note

Work legerdemain to 16. Every once in a while, go to the ships in daggerfall and steal everything. Fence it all. Spend a point to allow more transactions if you’re impatient. If you ever PvP with the character...and maybe even for PvE....the sneak cost reduction is important. (Plus you then pull more valuable stuff from containers, so it’s worth the time investment)

Work on the fighters guild. Do dolmens when you’re around one. There are plenty of times I slot flawless dawnbreaker for the damage boost, plus it’s a decent ultimate.

Undaunted is a loooooooooooong grind, so it’s worth mentioning now. One of the last major power boosts characters usually unlock are the passives that boost resources for wearing different armor weights. On my vet stam characters, wearing medium plus one heavy gets them ~1600 stam, ~800 health, ~600 magic from this passive. That is significant. At undaunted enclaves, Bogrul offers easy peasy delve dailies that you can easily solo. You need about 125 ofmthese to level undaunted, so do one every now and then. Note: I forget if you can do the Bogrul quests before level 43. If he doesn’t spawn, you have to wait a bit longer and he’ll show up when you get the undaunted invite in your mail.

Crafting

It’s useful to be able to craft your own gear, or at least some of it. I recommend starting by working to be a 2 trait crafter in medium, heavy chest and greaves, and weapons. Then once that’s done, start working toward being a six trait crafter in those things. Do divines and infused on body pieces, then whatever other traits you want or find. On weapons get precise, sharp and infused, then whatever else you want. Training is always good.

It won’t take too long to get to six traits (a month?) At that point you will either despise crafting, lol, and you can retire with the ability to make the more important sets, or you’ll enjoy it and you can keep on researching for future characters and more advanced sets. Tip: to get to a six trait set ASAP, focus on chest and swords or daggers in blacksmith. Then you can move to greaves. In cloth do four medium body pieces first, thenones that aren’t chest or legs.

Sets

Night Silence - one of the first stam sets you can make because it’s a 2 trait set. If you’re running around in mismatched drop sets, this is a good step up. It’s also the only set I’d craft for my characters until I can make six trait stuff.

Hundings Rage - an essential base stam set in the game. (The magic counterpart is Julianos, if you ever roll a magic toon). This set is all about power, and it’s very helpful to be able to craft this. If you work up your research and start running five of this, you will see a huge boost to power.

Willows Path - six traits. This is a resource regen set. While it’s not great for most play, once you become a vet you might find yourself going on champion point grind runs. This becomes a useful set for things like an hour of madcap psijic public dungeon murder.

There are other sets, of course. But these are some to focus on first if you decide to craft your own gear.

Hopefully this info helps. If you have any questions, make sure to use @davey1107 in your reply so that the system notifies me you responded. Happy to answer any other questions. Have fun with the warden...once they’re fully developed they are, in my opinion, way fun to play.
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much @davey1107 this has been so helpful! :)