The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master writ RnG

Stinkyremy
Stinkyremy
✭✭✭✭✭
Is this total bs?
I have a master crafter, know every style in the entire game, including the 2 crown motifs, I rarely get any master writs dropped, and the ones I do are like 7 up to 44 for a blacksmith nirnhoned akaviri weapon.
Then I have an alt that only knows the basic styles, mercenary and hollowjack, virtually no traits at all in any craft skills but I get 70-120 ticket writs quite frequently.
What is the deal!
I also haven't seen a 200+ master writ since the release of master writs.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel the same way. Just bad RNG, I guess. :neutral:
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The extra chance for a master writ that is given for knowing traits and motifs is so small it is practically immeasurable. It might as well not exist. The number of vouchers a writ is worth has never been based on anything other than RNG. These two things combined mean that a crafter with no motif knowledge and no traits can quite regularly get more vouchers and similar amounts of writs compared to a full on maxed crafter with all knowledge.

Short story is, don't expect your max crafter to actually contribute to your master writs in any meaningful capacity compared to your other crafters.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

feels like more than that, more like the "motif knowledge and trait knowledge" were actually just bs.
    how can a char who knows virtually no motifs and no traits get better writs that a char who knows all of them...
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »

feels like more than that, more like the "motif knowledge and trait knowledge" were actually just bs.
    how can a char who knows virtually no motifs and no traits get better writs that a char who knows all of them...

Though I think you've got it covered, @Stinkyremy, make sure your crafting achievements are also cleared on your crafting main.

In addition to motifs and traits learned, achievements are a positive modifier on the master writ RNG chance.

My main crafter is still missing some Dreadhorn pages ... but still gets plenty of master writs.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Though I think you've got it covered, @Stinkyremy, make sure your crafting achievements are also cleared on your crafting main.

In addition to motifs and traits learned, achievements are a positive modifier on the master writ RNG chance.

My main crafter is still missing some Dreadhorn pages ... but still gets plenty of master writs.

Of course I have all achievements on my main crafter, I know all styles, all traits, all runes, all alchemy reagents. the only achievements I don't have in the crafting tab is full furniture diagrams and the new outfit ones. Which I will get eventually.
    besides the point, the alts don't now any of these or have any of these achievements, yet get better master writs.
    I think it is all bs as @ redspecter23 said, these traits and motif knowledge give you no advantage with RNGesus when it comes to getting writs.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dreadhorn has not yet been added as a contributing motif style. That will be done with update 18, per the 4.0.2 notes on PTS, along with about eight others if memory serves me right.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • ArpamiesFin
    ArpamiesFin
    ✭✭✭
    the biggest bs is the fact that when a master writ drops for me it always asks some rare style like yokudan or something and i do know decent amount of styles but its always something new and rare and i dont bother with motif browsing mainly because the lack of search option in guild stores on console
  • SilasMurder
    If I can pull a 50+ writ once a month I’m happy. RNG for master writs has been pretty bad since clock tower. I only craft and do writs on one character. During the anniversary event all ten were grinding them. Anybody looking for silken ring motifs on Xbox na? Lol!
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I can pull a 50+ writ once a month I’m happy. RNG for master writs has been pretty bad since clock tower. I only craft and do writs on one character. During the anniversary event all ten were grinding them. Anybody looking for silken ring motifs on Xbox na? Lol!

Tell me about it. I blame that update for messing up ESO almost as much as I blame Stephen King's Clock Tower series, Jimi Hendrix's song 'All along the clock tower' and every Back to the Future movie's focus on the importance of a clock tower as the reason for my disgruntled childhood....
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah the amount of writs gained dropped dramatically after that. It is like at first they flooded the market, then made it more of a grind and a money sink.
    I bought the ebony motif and a few style mats of the style, then kept all my writs until storage crates. idgaf about housing.
    Now jewellery crafting is coming though, I will be buying those jewellery research scrolls daily so I am gonna need lots of writs.
    Think I am gonna have to start spending gold on others writs.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

Tell me about it. I blame that update for messing up ESO almost as much as I blame Stephen King's Clock Tower series, Jimi Hendrix's song 'All along the clock tower' and every Back to the Future movie's focus on the importance of a clock tower as the reason for my disgruntled childhood....

Don't forget Clock Tower: The First Fear! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clock_Tower_(series)
    The scariest sound of my childhood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXb3TZdmgo8 (Scissor-man Chase)
    Anyways, that's enough "Clock Tower" talk for me :lol:

In other news, back to the main topic, I finally got my first-ever 90+ Writ quest earlier today, but I don't have Akaviri Shoes, lol.
    Gotta do Ancestor Silk Shoes, Legendary, Divines, Set: Spectre's Eye, in Akaviri style, for 92 Writs.
    I also have another, that my friend gave me: Ruby Ash Ice Staff, Legendary, Powered, Set: Pelinal's Aptitude, also in Akaviri style, for 66 Writs.

Anyone selling Akaviri Shoes and Staffs? Lol. :lol:
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on May 1, 2018 6:06PM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone selling Akaviri Shoes and Staffs? Lol. :lol:

XB-NA platform? Might be able to help you if so. Disregard. Looked at your signature and saw master race. Sorry.

Edit for lack of attention.
    Edited by Feric51 on May 1, 2018 7:01PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)