The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Likelihood of Motif Drops?

Glenmorils
Glenmorils
✭✭✭
Hey everyone!

I’m sure this question has been answered before, but I was wondering what the likelihood of motif drops are, specifically in Dreadhorn and Bloodforge styles. I really want these motifs but I’m curious to know how long it should take me to get them - I specifically want the chest pieces but obviously I can’t be picky.

And does it make a huge difference on normal or veteran? Asking because I’m wondering if I’ll need to find a group to do them with me, I’ve yet to try either of these on Veteran as I hear they’re very difficult and I only recently made it to 160 CP.
Edited by Glenmorils on April 30, 2018 9:30PM

Best Answers

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey There, @Glenmomrils.

For a CP160 character, your best bet is to run Falkreath Hold (or Bloodroot Forge) on normal as many times as you can tolerate it. Of course, running with guildies or other experienced players will reduce the completion time.

There are better chances for motif drops on veteran and veteran hard mode ... but a minimum of CP300 is recommended for DLC dungeons.

Keep an eye out for when these two dungeons are the daily pledge. There will be more players seeking to complete the dungeons during those specific days.

As for the value, these generally sell for 40k or higher depending on the platform and server.
    Answer ✓
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to farm them, do what Taleof2Cities said above. However, it might not be the best way to go about it. Depends on how much grind you can tolerate, and how blessed you are by RNGesus.

Also the platform you play on influences things. How many are doing said dungeon and what the market price for the chapters is.

The anniversary event that ended a week ago was the best shot at getting them, since they were dropping fairly often from the coffers. There's prolly still plenty of them floating about in guild stores, at almost reasonable prices. But in a couple of weeks all the cheap ones will be gone.

I completed the set right after the anniversary event and got some chapters for less than 10k. Though some chapters, like the chest will always cost more.

At the moment Tamriel Trade Center shows there to be lot of them on sale at about 15k a piece, at least on PC EU. If you play another server, then your prices may differ. Cheapest chest listed was 18k (Once the excess chapters have been bought, I'd expect chest to cost at least 50k.)

But even after the prices go back to the usual level, straight grinding gold may be less of a headache than trying to grind them from the dungeon.
    Edited by Hymzir on May 1, 2018 2:53AM
    Answer ✓
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While TTC is a pretty good add-on to have in-game for PC, the actual website has quite a few drawbacks ... including not being console friendly.
    Answer ✓
  • Glenmorils
    Glenmorils
    ✭✭✭
    Also, follow up: what do these motifs usually sell for? I’ve yet find either in the guild traders, I assume they must be rare. Also, I’m more interested in Dreadhorn.
  • Glenmorils
    Glenmorils
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses! They helped a lot. Unfortunately I'm on PS4 so either Tamriel Trade Center doesn't have accurate numbers for that, or I'm out of luck in buying it. I'll try grinding and see how that goes! Wish me luck. :)