The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do they even want us to use psijic skill line?

BeefyMrTips
BeefyMrTips
✭✭✭✭
I know it’s only the second update for PTS but they just decreased light and heavy attacks by 20%. Isn’t the main dps spammable in this skill line dependent on light attacks?

Were light attacks that OP in test server? I guess I didn’t hear about it. Can someone shed some light on this for me?
Edited by BeefyMrTips on April 30, 2018 7:50PM
Mr. was my Father's name, just the tips is fine.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina morph of imbue weapon is underwhelming compared to magika morph
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know it’s only the second update for PTS but they just decreased light and heavy attacks by 20%. Isn’t the main dps spammable in this skill line dependent on light attacks?

Were light attacks that OP in test server? I guess I didn’t hear about it. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVsb6YB_p3k

Obviously (and admittedly) a cheese parse, but nonetheless, 68.7k self-buffed on a magblade ... with nearly 18k DPS coming from light attacks is pretty ridiculous.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, they took away our sustain to make us all a bunch of heavy-attacking lunatics, and now they are reducing its damage as well?

lB5wmMp.png

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

Morphs for stamina are always underwhelming in this game...
    its starting to annoy me now...
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    isn't that skill going to be really annoying. press button light attack button light attack and over and over.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, they took away our sustain to make us all a bunch of heavy-attacking lunatics, and now they are reducing its damage as well?

lB5wmMp.png

I gave up on trying to figure the logic on HA a long time ago.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx wrote: »
    isn't that skill going to be really annoying. press button light attack button light attack and over and over.

That is every rotation anyway.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVsb6YB_p3k

Obviously (and admittedly) a cheese parse, but nonetheless, 68.7k self-buffed on a magblade ... with nearly 18k DPS coming from light attacks is pretty ridiculous.

That's all fine and dandy for elite players in BIS gear, but what about everyone else?

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was seeing 17k unbuffed light attacks on World Bosses, it’s a damn good thing they toned that down. Light attacks shouldn’t be doing more damage than abilities.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx wrote: »

all these players always Voted and supported of this Ani cancel Waving crap in this game... now they are getting it on steroids...

il hope devs will keep doing this until it reaches a level where its annoying now and we finally get skill lines with REAL abilities in them instead of wasting skills in a limited skill line to support this crap...
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why nerrf ha. I have not seen anything that showed that needed a nerff i am happy to watch a video or something please advise

Thanks
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The light attacks were doing ridiculous amounts of damage from literaly doing nothing and being un-buffed and spamming light attacks was still achieving near vet Dungeon level damage requirements
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Zordrage on April 30, 2018 10:51PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They can't make them too OP else we would have P2W complaints, so instead they put basic things in them like a spammable, some heal, some regen and a CC, all of which have better versions and end up underwhelming.

That is why they should never have been balance related paywalled skills, it limits both sides.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lB5wmMp.png

Here’s the logic....summarized

We messed up in the beginning with:
    -VR
    -Removing overcharged
    -One Tamriel
    -removing Faction locks
    -CP
    -Cyrodil/IC

So we can’t figure out how to fix “X” so instead we will keep adjusting things until it feels better to US than it did before.

Actual solution, go back and actually fix the problems even if that means drastic change.
    AND seperate PvE from PvP literally as in two seperate game modes and servers.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    They can't make them too OP else we would have P2W complaints, so instead they put basic things in them like a spammable, some heal, some regen and a CC, all of which have better versions and end up underwhelming.

That is why they should never have been balance related paywalled skills, it limits both sides.

AND THIS is why im Against people who don't want new Classes only New skill lines...
    they are so blind to this....Skill lines only will ALLWAYS suck and never will truly expand our Classes that ALREADY HAVE REALLY LIMITED SKILL BAR to put skills in....
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zordrage wrote: »

AND THIS is why im Against people who don't want new Classes only New skill lines...
    they are so blind to this....Skill lines only will ALLWAYS suck and never will truly expand our Classes that ALREADY HAVE REALLY LIMITED SKILL BAR to put skills in....

@Zordrage
    New classes aren’t going to solve anything. The actual issue is the classes. New skill lines open to everyone are good.

The skill bar isn’t limiting you in anyway. It’s just requires you to swap out skill in between combat.

If the classes were treated like new skill lines, we would all be in a much better place. Then the only complaint would be ppl wanting enough skill points to unlock all skills but the beauty of limited skill points is the solution towards some form of balance
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 30, 2018 11:08PM
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zordrage
    New classes aren’t going to solve anything. The actual issue is the classes. New skill lines open to everyone are good.

The skill bar isn’t limiting you in anyway. It’s just requires you to swap out skill in between combat

yeah fun experience right there...
    bad design... also you just said it needs you to keep replacing your skills because not enough slot for skills... so yeah your lying to yourself because its limiting...

Also allot of classes has Huge amount of sinergies between their class Skills and passives there is just no place to place new ones on the skill lines... maybe max ONE for allot of builds....

Also a New class equals an entire new gameplay Experience with 3 totally new skill line and bunch of passives...
    vs1 skill line that is barely usable for most people that have finished and tested builds that have no place to change skills..
    Edited by Zordrage on April 30, 2018 11:14PM
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And what does it have to do with this subject i wonder?
    PC|EU
  • Eyro
    Eyro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you think all those people I made of fun of in dungeons for just light attack spamming will still run with me?
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eyro wrote: »
    Do you think all those people I made of fun of in dungeons for just light attack spamming will still run with me?

nope... your forever alone now... >:)
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LAs still have a buff. It’s just a toned down buff from the first PTS release, because they initially broke the game. This is good.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno, 36 seconds of minor force with mechanical acuity sounds pretty sweet
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L

@Zordrage

The skill bar isn’t limiting you in anyway. It’s just requires you to swap out skill in between combat

yeah fun experience right there...
    bad design... also you just said it needs you to keep replacing your skills because not enough slot for skills... so yeah your lying to yourself because its limiting...

Also allot of classes has Huge amount of sinergies between their class Skills and passives there is just no place to place new ones on the skill lines... maybe max ONE for allot of builds....

Also a New class equals an entire new gameplay Experience with 3 totally new skill line and bunch of passives...
    vs1 skill line that is barely usable for most people that have finished and tested builds that have no place to change skills..

- The bar is designed to create variety in play styles. You’re not locked to skills and hopefully you’re changing at least in different encounters and group dynamics for success.

I don’t feel it’s any inconvenience as on PC it’s a quick drag and drop. On console it’s a quick menu click and swap

-A new class doesn’t equal a new gameplay experience. Consider that only those who are willing to start all the way over and play through all the content again....only those will have a new set of skills to use through the exact same experience that already exists in a scaled manner. Anyone can experience it now, maybe try doing content without ur class kills from time to time for variety.

I’m not sure you understood my comment tho....I’m suggesting that if there were no classes at all, but instead those skill lines were available to mix and match it would better address many current and prior player concerns.

This leads to ...new skill lines. Consider your interest in new skill lines only being accessible through a fresh character isn’t as appealing as a new skill available to existing characters.

The game is designed in a way that new fresh characters are often locked out of timed exclusive and seasonal unlocks therefore it’s much more customer friendly and TEs appropriate to offer build on content to existing characters
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 30, 2018 11:50PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously that the stam morph will see less use, just look at the title of the thread
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy attacking to sustain is already annoying and makes NO SENSE, but with the changes, I'll just play even less pve. ZOS logic = using a MAGIC staff costs no magic and in fact returns MAGIC if you use a heavy MAGIC attack. It's incredibly stupid.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »
    Heavy attacking to sustain is already annoying and makes NO SENSE, but with the changes, I'll just play even less pve. ZOS logic = using a MAGIC staff costs no magic and in fact returns MAGIC if you use a heavy MAGIC attack. It's incredibly stupid.

Oh come on! Surely you know the real secret to Olympic sprinting is to swing a battle axe at least twice right before the race begins.

• Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »

Uhhh

you do realize that light and heavy attacks with Physical weapons ALSO cost NOTHING for light and heavy attacks right?
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously that the stam morph will see less use, just look at the title of the thread

Just read the rest of the thread.
    PC|EU
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imbue Weapon isn't dependent on light attack damage.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU