The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I missed a day of the event

CelestialSlayer
CelestialSlayer
✭✭✭
Was walking around today and realised that real life was so busy yesterday I forgot to login. so now I'm beating myself up about missing a crate. Anyone got any remedies to ease my own personal flagellation or further punishments whatever you deem appropriate.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would you beat yourself up over junk in a crate. Do you really think that ONE crate has an apex mount?!!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed 1 day too. Was playing Summerset main quest on PTS for whole evening.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spend a dollar less somewhere...
  • Exalted_Goose
    Exalted_Goose
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why be annoyed? You saved yourself from a serving of disappointment...
    Edited by Exalted_Goose on April 30, 2018 6:56PM
    "One fine day in the middle of the night. Two dead Kings got up to fight. Back to back they faced each other, drew their bows... and stabbed themselves...".
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also missed a day cause I was too tired and didn't feel like logging in one day.

Since all the free chests have given me mostly potions, crown meals, riding lessons and lipstick, I could care less
    Edited by Katahdin on April 30, 2018 6:59PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed a day too.... then I realized if the crate was that important I would just buy it. What are we really missing out on? Another momento that we will never use? A stupid looking hat that makes your character look bald? The time we got was worth more in my opinion.
    [DC/NA]
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was walking around today and realised that real life was so busy yesterday I forgot to login. so now I'm beating myself up about missing a crate. Anyone got any remedies to ease my own personal flagellation or further punishments whatever you deem appropriate.

idk which is worse...

you posting this or me reading it.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the same as all those lottery tickets you don't buy each day.

You have given up your really really really small chance at a neat reward. Or to look at it another way, you missed the very large and real chance of getting a Crown Potion or Food/Drink that is weaker than you can make in game.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just know I'm going to miss that guar in the first month of Summerset because my job will insure that I miss logging in at least one day. :neutral:
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • CelestialSlayer
    CelestialSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. Your comments, put downs and The big bang theory has cheered me up.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone got any remedies...
    Yes, but they're in the crate you just lost.
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah you can buy 50 crown crates and open them. Kappa
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • maltinkilic
    maltinkilic
    ✭✭✭

A bottle of Stolichnaya.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I missed a day or maybe even two logging into the EU server. But my consolation is that...well, there isn't really any consolation, I've been concerned about this "event" from the beginning. Because I am a regular subscriber already and I log in almost every day anyway, this worked out to something like a loyalty reward for me personally, BUT...didn't they give crates to people who were logging in during the free sub trial, in past events? Without them having to purchase a sub? It worries me that they did it differently this time, like they are having to tighten their belts because they aren't making mad sales on Summerset already or something. So I guess my consolation is at least I'm subbed and got crates at all. Feels a little hollow because I expect there to be a lot of people who missed the fine print and will be angry when they don't get crates. :(
  • Isojukka
    Isojukka
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    I also missed a day cause I was too tired and didn't feel like logging in one day.

Since all the free chests have given me mostly potions, crown meals, riding lessons and lipstick, I could care less

This is so true! I havent ever got anything else.
    Eso since Xbox launch and switched over to pc 1/2019.
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It gets a crate tomorrow or else it gets the hose again.

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll be fine!

You'll get an awesome mount from the first crate.

(Meanwhile I'm hoping for riding lessons for my new character)
    The Moot Councillor
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw... When will we receive the crates?
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »

For whatever strange reason.... May 16th.

These events would be more enjoyable if we actually got the crate on the day we logged in, but that's ZOS for ya.
    [DC/NA]
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why be annoyed? You saved yourself from a serving of disappointment...

Why should you be disappointed over free stuff?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The article says by May 16. Correct me if I am wrong but that means crates will be delivered some time between 30/4 to 16/5.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • CelestialSlayer
    CelestialSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    Delpi wrote: »

For whatever strange reason.... May 16th.

These events would be more enjoyable if we actually got the crate on the day we logged in, but that's ZOS for ya.

I reckon they make it so late otherwise if they gave six crates away to early in the crate season they might damage sales if people got what they want for free.

That's my theory.
  • mwo1480
    mwo1480
    ✭✭✭✭

u missed one day? ur a criminal! :P punish yourself by buying 500 crates xD
    eu/pc
    every char has a story

anne-susan ...breton sorch DC
    seline kay .... bosmer dk AD
    julia-noor ...bosmer temp DC
    elle wolf .... breton temp AD
    Mari-Lynn.... woodelf nb AD former empress
    Mari-chan... woodelf warden AD
    (and more chars)
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I think I missed a day or maybe even two logging into the EU server. But my consolation is that...well, there isn't really any consolation, I've been concerned about this "event" from the beginning. Because I am a regular subscriber already and I log in almost every day anyway, this worked out to something like a loyalty reward for me personally, BUT...didn't they give crates to people who were logging in during the free sub trial, in past events? Without them having to purchase a sub? It worries me that they did it differently this time, like they are having to tighten their belts because they aren't making mad sales on Summerset already or something. So I guess my consolation is at least I'm subbed and got crates at all. Feels a little hollow because I expect there to be a lot of people who missed the fine print and will be angry when they don't get crates. :(

As far as I know, it's always been an either/or thing. Either you're a subscriber and you get free crates instead, or you get an ESO+ trial.

That said, they did have a different earn a crate event for everyone where you had to log in and kill something, but it didn't run concurrently with the sub trial.

I think the former (sub trial) usually award up to 6 crates, while the kill stuff one is only up to 3. (Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong).
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Double post...whoops
    Edited by heaven13 on April 30, 2018 8:16PM
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have I missed something about login and crates? I log in every single day and I haven't seen anything about getting crates...?
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
    Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
    Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
    Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
    Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
    Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
    Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
    Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
    Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
    Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
    Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
    Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • Exalted_Goose
    Exalted_Goose
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Because it's very easy to get hyped up over what you have a chance of getting, but likely won't. The disappointment's not from the free stuff you get, it's from the knowledge that you could have gotten something far better than what you did.

"One fine day in the middle of the night. Two dead Kings got up to fight. Back to back they faced each other, drew their bows... and stabbed themselves...".
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oooh I love the free crates! Another chance to win rubbish that only converts to gems at a very poor exchange rate! And to see if I get the black & white bear mount for the 4th time!
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Because it's very easy to get hyped up over what you have a chance of getting, but likely won't. The disappointment's not from the free stuff you get, it's from the knowledge that you could have gotten something far better than what you did.

Glass half full or glass half empty. I tend to go with the "half full" and am happy to get something for doing what I would be doing anyway.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake