The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP help (again)

dueldragon
dueldragon
✭✭
Me again.. sorry. I still don't really know how to increase my damage output to players, I'm CP 170 by now and I came back to PVP, but I still die too fast and my damage is still too little. Can anyone provide a more comprehensive guide to PVP? Or at least tell me which sets (crafted, if exists) are good for pvp?
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    I still can't survive a 1v1 encounter, I always get debuffed (Slow movements, major fracture etc') before I can even react, it feelsl ike my resource pool is too small, I'm REALLY REALLY bad at this but I also really really want to try it and I just can't improve

Everyone does all of these damages ranging from 1.2k to 4k for an attack, I don't know how to counter it, I don't know how to GET that amount of damage

Oh - probably worth to mention, I'm playing on the non CP campaign, yet I still suck.
    Edited by dueldragon on April 30, 2018 6:38PM
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gear, as for what gear you need depends on what class your playing and if your magika or stamina.

Upgrade the quality of your stuff from white->green->blue->purple->gold. Purple works fine for pvp in most cases, except your weapons, you want to gold your weapons the damage increase is significant.
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on April 30, 2018 7:51PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you're having a really tough time sustaining - try using one of the epic (purple) drinks...

what is you race, class, and, are you magicka or stamina focused?

my approach to pvp was "turtleing" up when I first started out...meaning lots of heavy armor with resistance and health bonuses and using regen drinks...

I just wanted to survive...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t help until we know what build you’re running. For whatever it’s worth, my advice in PvP is to first focus on staying calm and learning to mitigate damage, sometimes I would get into battles and just see if I could outheal the person without attacking (which will become relatively easy in most cases), and remember to breath!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From his last thread:

"'m a stam DK, btw. I'm using 2h/shield and all heavy armor because I'm afraid to use medium armor"

While if this is still the case, this set up is inherently low damage.

This can be made up for with what armor sets you're using.

What sets are you using OP?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Duel, don't be discouraged. Your level is really going to make a difference if you're doing CP PvP in Cyro. Have you tried non CP in Sotha Sil? Please believe me. I was very turned off by CP PvP at first at 160, but as I stayed with it I began to have much more survivability the higher I got. People at cap can sometimes still get 2 shotted if more than one person gets on'em at the same time, but it's much less common.

Hang in there, man.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) PVP not only takes a functioning build, but practice and lots of it. Practice usually involves dieing a lot. Don't get discouraged because you are getting lit up.

2) Stam DK is not the easiest class to do right now. But if I were to regear my stam DK today, it would be with a DW bleed build.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are in heavy switch to forward momentum instead of rally this way you won’t be slowed, using a monster set like blood spawn or troll Kings will also help you survive and blood spawn synergieses well with stam dk. Also a set like seventh legion will give you tankability and damage.

Make sure to have the right food on and to use immovability or tri pots (make sure to have the alchemy passive that increases potion affect time)

Apart from the above mentioned the only way to improve is to keep practicing try to practice keeping your buffs up and make sure to alway have vigor up there’s add ons to help if you play on pc
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    1) PVP not only takes a functioning build, but practice and lots of it. Practice usually involves dieing a lot. Don't get discouraged because you are getting lit up.

2) Stam DK is not the easiest class to do right now. But if I were to regear my stam DK today, it would be with a DW bleed build.

Agreed, heavy armor is ok for now but run 5 heavy and 2 medium with the medium pieces on belt and gloves preferably or belt/glove and shoulder is ok. You won’t notice a difference. DW is the way to go, run rending slashes for the dot and heal along with poison claw and noxious breath for debuff and dot. Run a 2H backbar for forward momentum which will provide major brutality a heal over time and snare removal/immunity. Youl also want vigor for sure. Youll probably have to use magicka for your cc but that’s ok. Use dawn breaker of smiting for your ult or leap whichever you prefer. Most stam ults are under performing for one reason or another and DBoS is pretty much the only one that is worth slotting. My favorite is main hand nirnhoned sword and offhand infused axe with foulness Glyph for the minor defile and axe bleed. If you’re in heavy I might go for a powered backbar 2H for the healing boost by defending is still good. In no CP sustain is key, especially when you’re starting out. I might go with bone pirates jewlery and two body pieces or two wpns if you can get them, and bloodspawn is classic for the monster set although troll king is pretty killer for staying alive when you have no burst heal. For a damage set in heavy you could use 7th legion, furry or clever alchemist but that’s kind of a learned play style. You could also go with good ol hundings rage but imo that set is underwhelming. After that pack as much damage as you can with warrior Mundus and wpn damage jewelry glyphs. Mix and match sustain and wpn damage as needed. Gold out your wpns if you can when you decide on sets you like. At least gold your main nirnhoned wpn. Off hand and backbar aren’t quite as necessary. There’s a lot of missing info here but I don’t want to go on forever.
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    From his last thread:

"'m a stam DK, btw. I'm using 2h/shield and all heavy armor because I'm afraid to use medium armor"

I use Velidreth's helmet and shoulder, 3 night mother's, and 2 morag tong (I needed the damage, I'm working on researching traits right now so I can make more sets)

I changed my gear to 2/1 heavy and the rest is medium.
    Edited by dueldragon on May 1, 2018 5:53AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dueldragon wrote: »
    From his last thread:

I use Velidreth's helmet and shoulder, 3 night mother's, and 2 morag tong (I needed the damage, I'm working on researching traits right now so I can make more sets)

Well that’s definitely part of the issue. See my and others posts above about gear suggestion.
  • kerthas
    kerthas
    ✭✭✭
    play in no cp campaign or bgs, dont go on vivec or shor, you dont have enough cp^. And there is no secret for beeing good, play a lot, and everytime you die, find why you die and learn from that.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From his last thread:

You should also have weapons as parts of your sets to complete them.

X5 of one set
    X2 monster set
    X4 or x5 of another set

Good sets depends mostly on PvE or PvP.

Your monster set is ok imo for PvP, your other sets not so much

For medium I like sets like : automaton, fortified brass, alchemist, bone pirate when it's working, eternal hunt

For each seventh is cool, um durok's Bane, and others that aren't coming to mind
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay, not too bad...2h and SnB cp 170 stam dk...

yeah, you definitely should be a little tough to kill...

you could go 5 heavy/ 2 medium - or, 7 heavy...

7 heavy feels nice, just hard to sustain your stamina, or - run very far...but, heck, you're a draginknight - you shouldn't have to run...

you can keep the velidreth, but, in your case blood spawn or engine guardian might be a bit better...

I'd suggest, if you want to survive, either farming or buying some plague doctor...have the 5 piece on your SnB...the shield costs about 20k though, a 1H weapon is pretty cheap...2H weapon will be pretty cheap too...

you can go the medium armor set route with jewelry and 2 medium armor on two of the small pieces...

I'd probably go with a monster medium helm and shoulder if you want to do 5 heavy/2 medium - just so you can wear two complete heavy sets...

the heavy sets tend to have more health bonuses...

velidreth, plague doctor, and crest of cyrodiil wouldn't be too bad...fairly cheap to put together...

morag tong and night mother's are useful sets, but, they are not gonna keep you alive...

rotation wise...i like hardened armor to shield, and green dragon blood and vigor to heal, you can also give rally a try...

if you use the shield wall ult and corrosive armor ult - you should be pretty challenging to kill...it's like 5 or 6 seconds of near invulnerability...

once you get comfortable taking damage and being able to shield/block/heal though it - you can then focus more on killing folks...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 1, 2018 7:33AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Using someone else's build has never really worked for me. I think you need to evolve your build and your habits side by side. When I first ventured into Cyrodiil, I really liked Reactive Armor, but I kind of grew out of that.

I think duelling someone your own level, or slightly better than you, is the best way to learn. You need to be able to experiment without your opponent being so fast that they clobber you within a few seconds every time.

I personally never liked heavy armor. It's great, if you are attacked, but your sprint speed is slower, and your sustain can feel sucky at other times. You also miss out on Shuffle. For what it's worth, here is my stam DK build:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=41873

This is not meta. I don't claim any greatness, but I think it's easy to play and quite tanky, at least as a Nord. The basic idea is to gap close on the 2H bar, then switch to DW and pummel them with Bloodthirst. Everything else is kind of optional ;).

Your buffs are Forward Momentum, Shuffle, Hardened Armor, and Deadly Cloak. I used to run Flames of Oblivion in the past. That skill, and Deadly Cloak, are your "portable DOTs". Cast them any time without having to target a player, and you do more damage.

I find Bloodthirst easy to use, because of the 7m range. It is less finicky to target people with it than with other melee skills. I also recommend you hold the mouse button down. If you time your Bloodthirst right, this will result in a heavy attack weave, and infinite sustain against slow players that let you pummel them.

There are a couple of defensive options. The first thing to try against a melee enemy (NB) is Fossilize. Nothing is as annoying to another player as that particular CC. If they are not immune, it interrupts their burst rotation and can really take the pressure off you.

If you are confused and need to get your bearings, then use Corrosive Armor. Also a good choice to get more resources back, as opposed to the other ulti.

If you are attacked by a sorc or NB, from range, flap your wings. You'll negate most of their burst. My typical playstyle is to use Immovability / Speed / Stamina potions. If I am feeling too much pressure, but also when I simply want to refresh my buffs, I use Wings, Forward Momentum, and I run around in circles while I buff up with Shuffle, Hardened Armor, and Deadly Cloak. Some players (templars) find that really annoying. Forward Momentum means you are never stuck in their Jabs. You don't particularly need to dodge roll, just run.

Since I'm using Forward Momentum, Troll King fills in for extra healing. As soon as your health dips at all, you should use Vigor. If it dips too much, I typically disengage using all of the above methods, while I buff and heal. It's not a sorc-level escape, but between Wings and Forward Momentum it can be pretty annoying to melee and ranged players alike that you can't be tied down, and you reflect half their ranged attacks.

The typical attack is Stampede -> Fossilize -> Bloodthirst, while Deadly Cloak is running. Be rigorous applying Fossilize every 7 seconds, so you drain your opponent's stamina, and you hit them while they can't defend. If / when you manage to make inroads into their health, switch to the 2H bar, jump them with Take Flight and hit them with Reverse Slice spam afterwards.

In terms of gear, you only need one Viper weapon, the others could be crafted Fortified Brass. The dagger is a named drop from the second boss in Fungal Grotto 2. You can farm it in normal, running only as far as that boss. There's a little bit of RNG, but it's quite easy to get. You can also make do with blue Viper jewelry. I do recommend that set for this build. It has always outperformed everything else and works even better as a DOT with this particular build.

For more damage I sometimes swap out Fortified Brass for Spriggan. Troll King is pretty essential. I wouldn't use anything else with this particular build.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    From his last thread:

You should also have weapons as parts of your sets to complete them.

X5 of one set
    X2 monster set
    X4 or x5 of another set

Good sets depends mostly on PvE or PvP.

Your monster set is ok imo for PvP, your other sets not so much

For medium I like sets like : automaton, fortified brass, alchemist, bone pirate when it's working, eternal hunt

For each seventh is cool, um durok's Bane, and others that aren't coming to mind

Okay, so, does this look good? 2 Velidreth's,

2 Automaton armor pieces, alongside all available jewelry. that leaves me with 3 available armor slots

Then: 3 armor pieces of Clever Alchemist, alongside with 2 weapons (or a 2h weapon post summerset) of Clever Alchemist. How does that sound?

I'll make the Alchemist heavy

Okay on second thought, this setup has a problem with stamina. Any offers for crafted sets that should be good for pvp?

I also think that there maybe some sort of a problem with the weapon damage as well.
    Edited by dueldragon on May 2, 2018 7:14PM
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    Whoops double post
    Edited by dueldragon on May 2, 2018 7:07PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t try to do as much dmg as possible.

Try to survive until you can line up a burst that will kill.

It’s a different set of priorities that make a big difference.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

SnB and 2h is the right way to stamDk, if you want to utilize every single passive the class has..

dual wield works but is 3 times harder to pull of and the bleed damage is not even noticeable if you don't have a source of defile. So if you go for a very gimmicky build, something like maybe impreg+crest+troll king, you might make it work. But then again this requires perfect animation cancelling with also very good pvp knowledge.

In general it is much easier to just use the classic ''tank n spank'' builds. I'm telling this considering OP is new to PvP, obviously.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on May 2, 2018 8:05PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Don’t try to do as much dmg as possible.

Try to survive until you can line up a burst that will kill.

It’s a different set of priorities that make a big difference.

howdy @dueldragon ...i know it doesn't sound sexy - but, this right here is the approved solution...

I know there are a bunch of stam dks out there swinging around a 2 hander wrecking folks - but, try focusing on shielding, healing, roll dodging, using rocks/trees for breaking line of sight, figuring out how to position yourself behind your allies, disengaging to scurry off to stealth, blocking at the right time...

timing your ults to give you enough time to either reset the fight or escape...

clever alchemist is another good "offensive" set...

plague doctor, green pact, impregnable armor, fortified brass, etc. - boring sets, but, they'll help keep you alive...

if you're concerned about sustaining stam - dubious camoran or a tri-stat regen drink should help a bunch...

learn how to stay alive and provide support (buffs/debuffs) to your allies...in a month or two you can re-tool your build to do more damage output...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 2, 2018 10:55PM