Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Found item before quest

ghastley
ghastley
✭✭✭✭✭
My character found the Dwarven Light before starting the quest Awaken the Past in Wrothgar. So we did that quest, but still can't place the item in the museum. What am I missing?
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    My character found the Dwarven Light before starting the quest Awaken the Past in Wrothgar. So we did that quest, but still can't place the item in the museum. What am I missing?

do you have the list of items that you get from the orcette in the museum in your inventory?
    Edited by jedtb16_ESO on April 30, 2018 5:20PM
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's just habit from playing TES games, but i never pick up any interesting glowy or sparkly items until i have found the quest as they're usually quest related items. I know this game is probably better in that respect, but so many quests were screwed in TES games if you picked something up before the event. Oblivion was the worst for that. Hell, you could screw the entire TG questline up if you visited a certain place before being sent there.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

do you have the list of items that you get from the orcette in the museum in your inventory?

Yes I do, and I read it, and I logged off and on again, just in case. She has no additional dialogue, and the basement stand does not activate.

Since it's only one, and 16/20 are required to complete the achievement, I may not bother trying to fix it - unless the inventory slot becomes an issue.

Edited by ghastley on April 30, 2018 5:37PM
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes I do, and I read it, and I logged off and on again, just in case. She has no additional dialogue, and the basement stand does not activate.

Since it's only one, and 16/20 are required to complete the achievement, I may not bother trying to fix it - unless the inventory slot becomes an issue.

ok... i picked up a couple of items before i had been to the museum. googled them to find out what they were and went to the museum and couldn't place them. then talked to the curator who asked me to place a shield or something then gave me a list (it was a long time ago so details are a bit vague) and asked me to retrieve someone or others helm... which i did. got back, placed it and then i was able to place the other items.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this might be silly but... JIC
    there's TWO separate interact-ables at each display, the info card and the display itself.

Good Luck!
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, use the upper activator that says to Display the item, not the placard that you read.

As a side note on two characters I found all the available museum items and placed them before I ever talked to the curator. Then I went and got her item. I did not try to get her item before talking to her, it may or may not be there.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ok... i picked up a couple of items before i had been to the museum. googled them to find out what they were and went to the museum and couldn't place them. then talked to the curator who asked me to place a shield or something then gave me a list (it was a long time ago so details are a bit vague) and asked me to retrieve someone or others helm... which i did. got back, placed it and then i was able to place the other items.
    This is the behaviour I expected. I placed the shield, found and placed the helm, got the list and read it, but the Dwarven Light still won't place. Since I've placed two items, I don't think it's a case of not finding the right spot, although it's real easy to be too close, or too far away. I'll retry each time I find another item, and maybe one time it will work.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you destroy the Dwarven Light and then go and pick it up again?
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the angle you need is weird, and the activators are not in the same relative positions to each other. So, you just have to move around and reposition your cursor until it says to place the item.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the item still greyish when you look at it in your inventory? Or is it the standard white that most items appear to be?
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried again last night and found the activation spot for the item placement. It was about midway between the item's eventual location and the one for the adjacent piece. Much further over than I'd tried before. I hope they won't all be like that.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried again last night and found the activation spot for the item placement. It was about midway between the item's eventual location and the one for the adjacent piece. Much further over than I'd tried before. I hope they won't all be like that.

good to hear you got it done.