The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I really wish...

Micah_Bayer
Micah_Bayer
✭✭✭✭✭
That 100 of my transmute stones doesn't go into thin air when eso plus runs out..Right now I am rebuilding my setup and I need 100 stones to reform the traits...Hmmm I really could use those hundred stones back now..What is the most profitable way to grind those stones? I got 2 from vet dungeons and pvp..which I love I rarely get any except for when the campaign ends. I got three rewards of the worthy with no geod in it.
Edited by Micah_Bayer on April 30, 2018 3:37PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch.

I did not realize that the Transmute limit was halved for non-plus members.
  • maltinkilic
    maltinkilic
    ✭✭✭
    Daily pledges. If done in veteran hm, each pledge gives 50 stone when you turn in the quest.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily pledges. If done in veteran hm, each pledge gives 50 stone when you turn in the quest.

Well that isn't so bad. I had no idea. Thank you
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, they give you a box that can contain up to 10 stones, but usually only have 1 or 2.
  • maltinkilic
    maltinkilic
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's my luck then. Because whenever I open them I get 50. And since I get 50 I have only opened 4-5 of them.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, they give you a box that can contain up to 10 stones, but usually only have 1 or 2.

So they don't give 50 once done in hard mode?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it's my luck then. Because whenever I open them I get 50. And since I get 50 I have only opened 4-5 of them.

That's impossible.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not even that that limit is halved by the way..Its that if you have 200 stones and eso plus runs out. 100 just vanishes.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, so it’s not like the craftbag and the bank? When you lose plus, you’re stuff is still in the bank, you are just over the limit. You can’t add anything but nothing is destroyed. You just need to get below your limit to add things. Is that not the case for crystals?
  • maltinkilic
    maltinkilic
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is there are different types transmute geodes. The ones I get most transmute stones are the ones I get from pledges after I complete them on vet hm.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, so it’s not like the craftbag and the bank? When you lose plus, you’re stuff is still in the bank, you are just over the limit. You can’t add anything but nothing is destroyed. You just need to get below your limit to add things. Is that not the case for crystals?

No if you have 200 and eso plus runs out. It gets changed to 100 because you are over the limit.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure they vanish when ESO+ runs out?

It doesn't work that way with anything else. If you have items in your craft bag when your sub runs out they stay there and you can still use them (in fact they'll be used before ones in your inventory), you just can't add any more. Same with extra items in your house or in your bank.

If transmutation stones are being deleted from your account when your sub runs out that sounds like it's probably bugged. And quite concerning considering the number of people (especially on Xbox) who regularly have trouble getting their sub to actually renew.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So they don't give 50 once done in hard mode?

I can log in and check, but no. The 50s are gold geodes. Vet Hard Mode clears award purple geodes, which are either 1-10 or 1-25, and I can't remember which right now. To be fair, you can also get blue or purple geodes from killing a boss (or maybe only the final boss) in a dungeon, regardless of difficulty. But that is random.

The only reliable source of gold geodes that I know of off hand is PvP. You'll get one gold geode from your first Rewards of the Worthy packet each day. That one caps at 50, but it is random. (Also, the first of the day thing is account wide.)
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

It doesn't work that way with anything else. If you have items in your craft bag when your sub runs out they stay there and you can still use them (in fact they'll be used before ones in your inventory), you just can't add any more. Same with extra items in your house or in your bank.

If transmutation stones are being deleted from your account when your sub runs out that sounds like it's probably bugged. And quite concerning considering the number of people (especially on Xbox) who regularly have trouble getting their sub to actually renew.

I am positive it runs out.
  • maltinkilic
    maltinkilic
    ✭✭✭

Don't confuse transmutation stones with an item. Bank space is doubled during eso+ and will return to normal when it is expires. So if we overstock items it stays there. Which one would be destroyed else? My motif, my golen ring or my essence of stamina. They can't just destroy hlf the items there randomly. It is a bank after all and I deposited there for safe keeping.

Transmutation stone is different however. They are currency. If you loose eso+ and have 200 stones, you loose half. Simple as that.
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭

Is this a post from CNN of the ESO forums or did you mistype 5?

This is 100% false. The only thing that gives 50 stones that I know of is the end of campaign reward box from Vivec.

• Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭

If you have more than 100 at that point, yes. This is the same as if you try and open a geode when you are already maxed out on stones.

^ /helpful response

Try it, its a great way to waste one of the most valuable commodities in the game. Im sure they will fix it when they are done buffing the same old textures to resell in crown store.

^ /sarcasm
  • maltinkilic
    maltinkilic
    ✭✭✭

This is 100% false. The only thing that gives 50 stones that I know of is the end of campaign reward box from Vivec.

Ok then. It's my mistake. I have a lot of geodes in my inventory I thought they are from vet hm pledges. Thanks for correction.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not even that that limit is halved by the way..Its that if you have 200 stones and eso plus runs out. 100 just vanishes.

Yeah, that part seriously stings.

You actually got me to check my account, and make sure my subscription runs out the day after I get paid, rather than the day before.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the end of campaign rewards from the non-CP 30 day also pays out with a guaranteed 50. (Though I'm not sure.)

There's also gold boxes you get from Rewards for the Worthy which can contain 50, but usually have 4.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The extra stones do not go away, you simply can't add more until you're <100 again.

You lose nothing.

And pledges have never given out 50 stones in anything other than Dev mode.

Crowns.png
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on April 30, 2018 4:14PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The extra stones do not go away, you simply can't add more until you're <100 again.

You lose nothing.

They do go away. It happened to me and a few of my friends.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Had 200/200 crystals.

my ESO+ ran out.

Now I have 200/100

WTH are you whining about?
    Edited by Kikke on April 30, 2018 4:12PM
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You lose nothing.

They do go away. It happened to me and a few of my friends.

Yeah, the transmute crystals work a bit differently from other ESO+ limited items. The game will actively purge any stones you have above cap, instead of preventing you from collecting them.

Now, it would be nice if these worked like, basically, every other finite resource in the game. "You hit the cap? Spend some before you can get more." But, as is, it really burns if your ESO+ lapses for 12 hours because they payment hit your account at the wrong moment.
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭

I think the end of campaign rewards from the non-CP 30 day also pays out with a guaranteed 50. (Though I'm not sure.)

There's also gold boxes you get from Rewards for the Worthy which can contain 50, but usually have 4.

end-of-campaign rewards from any 30 campaign give you 50 stones, not just non-CP.... like Vivec. Of course I think you have to get to tier 3 to get it, but that is only 100K AP
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    Had 200/200 crystals.

my ESO+ ran out.

Now I have 200/100

Must be a recent change or a bug because my stones are gone
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Luckily ESO+ empties my inventory (and bank) into the craft bag so I can fit all those uncraked geodes in my inventory

Right now I am trying to farm scalecaller enough then transmute guidance while I still have ESO plus.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Guaranteed 50 transmutation stones from each veteran HM pledge? You and I wish!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    Had 200/200 crystals.

my ESO+ ran out.

Now I have 200/100

Must be a recent change or a bug because my stones are gone

Okay, contact customer support.
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭

No if you have 200 and eso plus runs out. It gets changed to 100 because you are over the limit.

Looks like an easy solution: As soon as you get 200... Use 100 if your ESO+ has a chance to run out.... Or just RENEW your subscription... or don't let it run out....