The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What's Going On With Arcane Jewelry? Prices Are Crazy!

Klixen
Klixen
✭✭✭
Over the past week or so, the price of Arcane Jewelry sets (things like Willpower and Necropotence) has skyrocketed.

This seemed to happen not long after Summerset hit the PTS. Which makes me wonder if something terrible is going to happen to Arcane jewelry when the patch goes live. What do these folks know that the rest of us don't?

Does anybody know what's going on? Why are Arcane jewelry sets suddenly so expensive?
  • Hamburglarjones
    Hamburglarjones
    ✭✭✭
    Willpower is bis for asylum setups, necro is coming back on magsorc as they can run two 5piece sets now (acuity+necro)
    Boone
    Dunmer Magicka DragonKnight
    MagDK raid build guide
    Guild: Dragon's Crest - retired
    World's 3rd vHoF clear & 3rd vHoF HM clear
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's especially Necropotence and Willpower, it might be because staff light and heavy attacks will scale with max magica. And since damage shields do not scale with spell damage, stacking max magica gets more attractive than ever, at least for magsorc.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FarmingRivenspire.com :p
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People probably think they decon it when summerset comes.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any decent overland sets are in demand right now because 2 5 Piece Sets plus a 2 Piece Monster is now a thing for most any build. However, since it will be a while before people are making crafted jewelry in quantity, Dropped Set Jewelry is in demand.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    because jewelery crafting is coming may 21st to pc's.
  • Klixen
    Klixen
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Any decent overland sets are in demand right now because 2 5 Piece Sets plus a 2 Piece Monster is now a thing for most any build. However, since it will be a while before people are making crafted jewelry in quantity, Dropped Set Jewelry is in demand.

Aha! That makes sense. I was worried for a bit that they were going to remove dropped jewelry from the game altogether and only allow crafted jewelry.

Now, at least I know that the prices will come down again once this initial rush is over.
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    If it's especially Necropotence and Willpower, it might be because staff light and heavy attacks will scale with max magica. And since damage shields do not scale with spell damage, stacking max magica gets more attractive than ever, at least for magsorc.

I didn't know this, thanks for the heads up. I think I'm going to have to rethink my build (I've been focusing on spell damage).

Thanks for the answers folks.
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better get in and sell my spare necro jewels then. 5 pce acuit 5 pce necro could be interesting.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #ObsidianScarGrind2018
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only Willpower is going up in price (PC EU)
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better get in and sell my spare necro jewels then. 5 pce acuit 5 pce necro could be interesting.

I already use that on my magsorc, and it’s really good. It’ll be even better after Summerset when I can pair it with Valkyn Skoria or Illambris.

• Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Klixen wrote: »
    Does anybody know what's going on?

Hey.

I'm nobody.

So youse asking teh wrongz dudez.

That anybody fellaz - him ober der.

• Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Klixen wrote: »
    Does anybody know what's going on?

Hey.

I'm nobody.

So youse asking teh wrongz dudez.

That anybody fellaz - him ober der.

Me? I'm the wrong person to. But this is an eye opener with prices and sets and all. I have to remake my build again. Unsure why I don't test pts. I got it downloaded.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.