The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Reminder: Summerset NDA ends May 1st

Jolipinator
Jolipinator
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Just a reminder for anyone who doesn't remember/know that the Summerset main quest NDA ends Tuesday the 1st of May. So if you don't want to see spoilers, run.
PS5 EU.
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damnnnn didn't know that, thanks for the heads up, time for me to hide under a rock.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NDA meaning?
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    NDA meaning?

Non Disclosure Agreement. PTS players weren't allowed to discuss/share details of the main quest
    PS5 EU.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non Disclosure Agreement.

Meaning many who seek to find joy in the displeasure of others will spend their time after 1 May letting everyone else know exactly what happens in the future in Summerset when we do some work for Raz and the elf lady and probably some other elves.

Khajiit says 'keep your spoilers to yourself please!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's ridiculous, why would this "NDA" even exist? even if PTS or not, the main quest should not be spoiled intentionally, this applies to the base game too. If someone ask by himself for his own information, fine go ahead and get the info, but it doesn't mean everyone is forced to know it because people talk about it
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NDA meaning?

http://bfy.tw/1i1t
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's ridiculous, why would this "NDA" even exist? even if PTS or not, the main quest should not be spoiled intentionally, this applies to the base game too. If someone ask by himself for his own information, fine go ahead and get the info, but it doesn't mean everyone is forced to know it because people talk about it

Such is the nature of the internet. Its almost impossible to stop people from talking about these kind of things whether you want them to or not. The NDA as it is is only honored by players out of respect for ZOS themselves. The minute its lifted, theres a guarantee that there are people who just will not be able to stop talking about it publically. The only measure the forums have is hoping people use spoiler tags.
    Edited by Bonzodog01 on April 30, 2018 8:53PM
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    The NDA as it is is only honored by players out of respect for ZOS themselves.

Well, that and the fact that NDAs are legally binding contracts, and ZOS can take legal action against people who break them. In addition to banning them from the game, the forums, etc.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to hear the complaints about how utterly short the Story is on the tiny Summerset island...
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zordrage wrote: »
    Can't wait to hear the complaints about how utterly short the Story is on the tiny Summerset island...

Actually, without giving any spoilers whatsoever, the main story of Summerset has been rather well received on the PTS forum for both length and writing quality.

So .... Yeah. ;)
    Edited by JD2013 on April 30, 2018 11:24PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

Actually, without giving any spoilers whatsoever, the main story of Summerset has been rather well received on the PTS forum for both length and writing quality.

So .... Yeah. ;)

i totaly gonna trust opinions of testers that are addicted to Eso... if devs would remove Melee weapons from the game and Only mag left for everything even then they would say Good work ZEN clap clap clap...

and Whats after the story anyway ? i can't see anything significant put in that small zone really for long term...
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

So .... Yeah. ;)

i totaly gonna trust opinions of testers that are addicted to Eso... if devs would remove Melee weapons from the game and Only mag left for everything even then they would say Good work ZEN clap clap clap...

and Whats after the story anyway ? i can't see anything significant put in that small zone really for long term...

Ah you’re one of THOSE.

Carry on your salty hate train. I’m not here to change minds. :)

And no spoilers from me! I’m sure you will be able to see spoilers in lots of places from tomorrow onwards. Enjoy!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could have sworn the NDA didn't lift until Early Access started. So, like, the 25th or something.
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could have sworn the NDA didn't lift until Early Access started. So, like, the 25th or something.

This^^^^
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So people playing can't tell you how bad it is until the NDA runs out.. Devs can say otherwise but 100% its to keep the badness hidden..
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »

So people playing can't tell you how bad it is until the NDA runs out.. Devs can say otherwise but 100% its to keep the badness hidden..

It certainly couldn't be due to only a small subsection of the community having access, and not wanting the story beats to be, legitimately, spoiled for those players who weren't able to participate. No, that would make far too much sense.

Incidentally, early access drops on the 21st, so it's three weeks out.
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm that the NDA was lifted today?
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This makes more sense.

Why would anyone create an NDA and lift it with over a month before the chapter is released.

Not that it matters to me. There's really nothing to "spoil" in a game like this.

With so many "deaths" in this game, I stopped caring long ago.

Just pay my gold and give me a useless trinket, then send me on my way to repeat this until the day I die.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »

It certainly couldn't be due to only a small subsection of the community having access, and not wanting the story beats to be, legitimately, spoiled for those players who weren't able to participate. No, that would make far too much sense.

Incidentally, early access drops on the 21st, so it's three weeks out.

Yes i'm sure thats right up there on Zos list.. No its to stem the refunds.
    Edited by DanteYoda on May 1, 2018 12:43PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't understand this move at all.

I mean anyone interested in the story can just watch a let's play now and not purchase the update. Also everyone who wants to experience it fresh themselves now needs to stay off social media and the forums for a month because people don't know how to avoid spoilers.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moonio wrote: »

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26361

Fifth paragraph down:

"To ensure that the new adventure's story is not spoiled for our fans, you will be required to agree to a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) upon login. This NDA is specific to the Summerset main quest and its story, but you are free to stream and talk about anything you experience in Summerset with the exception of the Chapter's main story line beyond its first quest (titled “The Queen's Decree"). You can share any other quest lines (such as the Psijic Order) or side quests you find. The NDA will be lifted on May 1. "
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPOILER: Raz is a Khajiit :open_mouth:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    SPOILER: Raz is a Khajiit :open_mouth:

But is it true he is still missing a few "parts" since his transformation to Queen Ayrenn?
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    moonio wrote: »

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26361

Fifth paragraph down:

"To ensure that the new adventure's story is not spoiled for our fans, you will be required to agree to a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) upon login. This NDA is specific to the Summerset main quest and its story, but you are free to stream and talk about anything you experience in Summerset with the exception of the Chapter's main story line beyond its first quest (titled “The Queen's Decree"). You can share any other quest lines (such as the Psijic Order) or side quests you find. The NDA will be lifted on May 1. "

ok thanks