The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Two simple (?) questions about low level crafting writs

anitajoneb17_ESO
anitajoneb17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi everyone :-) Just wondering...

1/ How is the gold reward of the crafting writs determined ? Does it depend on the character level, the level of the crafting skill line, or the amount of skill points allocated in the primary passive of the skill line ?

2/ How does a CP160+ character / account access the CP10-CP140 provisioning recipes ?

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Gold reward comes from character level. At cp160 it's about 600g regardless of crafting passive level. I can't testify about crafting skill level because my crafters always go to 50.
    2. How to get such recipes? Respec one crafter. Set the passive, provisioning - recipe improvement, to 5 and do writs. The rewarded recipes are at the same improvement level. I just checked yesterday's rewards waiting in bank and i saw Corinthean Roast Kagouti (cp50) and Braised Sweetmeats(cp10). Both are at recipe improvement 5.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1/ How is the gold reward of the crafting writs determined ? Does it depend on the character level, the level of the crafting skill line, or the amount of skill points allocated in the primary passive of the skill line ?

2/ How does a CP160+ character / account access the CP10-CP140 provisioning recipes ?

While they are not cheap, any recipe needed for a currently active writ can be bought from a Chef or Brewer. But, you can often find them much cheaper on guild stores or guild banks.

One tip about any surveys you might get. If you transfer those surveys to a character that is CP 150+ with the top tier passive you can claim top tier items. I only use the surveys with my top level character.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    1. Gold reward comes from character level. At cp160 it's about 600g regardless of crafting passive level. I can't testify about crafting skill level because my crafters always go to 50.
    2. How to get such recipes? Respec one crafter. Set the passive, provisioning - recipe improvement, to 5 and do writs. The rewarded recipes are at the same improvement level. I just checked yesterday's rewards waiting in bank and i saw Corinthean Roast Kagouti (cp50) and Braised Sweetmeats(cp10). Both are at recipe improvement 5.

1/ Ok thank you. I ask because due to the recent event I certified all my mules (all below level 15) and depending on the skill line level they get more money. We may conclude than the crafting skill level is probably the main and only criteria then.

2/ I did respect several crafters to get lower level recipes and I still can't figure out how to get recipes in the CP100 range. Level 5 gives level50=>CP50 recipes, Level6 gives CP150-160 recipes; how to get the CP100 ones ? If it also depend on character level, well we're screwed because once one character has reached CP160, we will never ever have a CP100 character...
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on April 30, 2018 10:44AM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While they are not cheap, any recipe needed for a currently active writ can be bought from a Chef or Brewer. But, you can often find them much cheaper on guild stores or guild banks.

One tip about any surveys you might get. If you transfer those surveys to a character that is CP 150+ with the top tier passive you can claim top tier items. I only use the surveys with my top level character.

Thank you for taking the time to answer. My issue however isn't to get the recipes needed for crafting writs, it is about "having them all" and in particular the CP100 recipes.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do max level provisioning writs on my main, my master crafter, then on my alts I have them doing lower level provisioning writs for the lower level purple recepies, to complete the recepies on my main, and to sell the duplicates.
    they are too expensive to buy really, as they are only there to complete the list of recepies past 160.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    I do max level provisioning writs on my main, my master crafter, then on my alts I have them doing lower level provisioning writs for the lower level purple recepies, to complete the recepies on my main, and to sell the duplicates.
    they are too expensive to buy really, as they are only there to complete the list of recepies past 160.

And how many skill points do you invest in order to access CP100 recipes ?
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for taking the time to answer. My issue however isn't to get the recipes needed for crafting writs, it is about "having them all" and in particular the CP100 recipes.

Sorry, misunderstood. Top tier provisioning writs drop CP 100-140 and CP 150-160 recipes. The green ones drop a lot and I just dump in a guild bank. Purple less frequent of course. I am not positive but I think you can still loot CP 100-140 recipes at CP 160+.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And how many skill points do you invest in order to access CP100 recipes ?

Six skill points for recipe improvement and either one (green quality), two (blue quality) or three (purple quality) skill points in recipe quality.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You get CP100 to CP140 recipes from Containers and Top Tier Crafting Writs, but mostly from Writs.

Purple and Blue CP100 to CP140 recipes are cheap in the guild stores right now. In fact, most mid tier recipes are cheap in the stores right now. I have about 200 recipes I need to sell, but the prices are so low now I am reluctant to list. So, go buy out the guild stores now before prices go up again.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK thank you all for the infos ! :)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just wanted to correct the assumption that skill level affects the gold reward for completing crafting writs. The gold you get is dependent on character level only.

I can confirm this as I have a new CP160 character that is still doing tier 1 blacksmithing writs, but gets 664 (ESO+) gold. Also, my alts have crafts of varying levels and they get the same amount of gold for each writ regardless of crafting tier of the writ. I have one alt who is Tier 1 in BS, Tier 2 in Clothing/WW/Provisioning/Alchemy, and Tier 4 in Enchanting. She gets the same amount of gold for each crafting writ completed.

Also, when my characters level up, their gold reward for crafting dailies goes up. This is because the gold reward for crafting dailies is a quest reward. It's the same amount of gold the character would get for completing a major quest at their level. Other dailies only provide half (332 at CP160 w/ESO+).