The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Offhand enchant proccing poorly/Berserker glyph not proccing at all with weapon abilities

Namarkas
Namarkas
✭✭✭
As title states
I don't know if this is common knowledge and/or intended, but it seemed rather odd to me, and maybe somebody else finds this interesting/useful
(also reported in-game)

Regarding Weapon enchantments in connection with dual wield weapons.
Tested on a target dummy in my home
One dw weapon was infused.
when using bow abilites like endless hail and poison arrow, after swapping weapons the weapon enchantment of the dual wield bar procs. so far so good I think that is intended. HOWEVER, only the MAIN HAND enchantment procs from those "swap over" ablities. Depending on which weapon I slot in main/off hand slot I get 100% procs of main and 0% of off-hand.

Regarding Glyph of Weapon Damage enchantment in connection with dual wield weapons.
Tested on a target dummy in my home
My glyph of weapon damage simply does not procc from any weapon ability. Having arrow hail, poison arrow, twin slashes and blade cloak active with a weapon damage glyph on my main hand, and it still never procs. I need to do a light attack to trigger the enchant.

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could you imagine how op having a consistent 700+ weapon damage from the enchant would be? There is no way zos will let that happen. Everything you are saying is intended. Not an accident.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 30, 2018 8:44AM
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    700? isn't it 452 tops? or are they still stackable with different versions?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Namarkas wrote: »
    700? isn't it 452 tops? or are they still stackable with different versions?

The weapon damage you get that gets amped by all the usual stuff, ie flawless dawnbreaker, the medium armor passives, major and minor brutality, on my temp with the extra 6% weapon damage, it gets to around 750 more weapon damage when the enchant procs.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 30, 2018 10:32AM
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    ah ok you mean buffed. I still don't see why this one glyph is an exception to it. Any Enchantments/poisons proc from weapon abilities, so why not this one? Whether this glyph is too strong if it would proc from them is another matter, but it is still inconsistent no?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ah ok you mean buffed. I still don't see why this one glyph is an exception to it. Any Enchantments/poisons proc from weapon abilities, so why not this one? Whether this glyph is too strong if it would proc from them is another matter, but it is still inconsistent no?

Because 750 weapon damage is way more powerful then an damage enchant going off. It buffs all your damage. It is completely consistent, as it has always acted this way.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 30, 2018 10:32AM
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭

Because 750 weapon damage is way more powerful then an damage enchant going off. It buffs all your damage. Think man. It is completely consistent, as it has always acted this way.

It is definitely not consistent^^ because every other item in this game of that kind behaves differently. Also magicka builds don't have nearly the amplifiers for spell damage as stam has for weapon damage and I just tested this with Wall of Elements, same thing, meaning it is less powerfull there.
    This behaviour also means that it gimps certain setups. Templars who channel a lot and therefore don't light attack that much. Stamina players that use flurry, for the same reason, although not as bad with 0.6s. A healer that cannot target the boss all the time but still would like to get it via WoE. And generally people who are simply not that good at light attack weaving.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The weapon damage is not the same kind, one does damage for you, the other is a self buff. They are different.
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so for the sake of testing I took a look at the other glyphs.
    Granted, beserker glyph is a buff. Then you have damage glyphs, which proc. You have debuff glyphs like crusher, that proc. Weakening, Berserker's direct counterpart, procs too. That alone seems fishy to me. And there is one other glyph that is a buff, hardening. Grants you a damage shield, which procs aswell. The only glyph not proccing is berserker.
    This must be a bug. Maybe it is a bug left on purpose, but that simply doesn't seem like a good idea. I am not a super hardcore dd but I guess that very good players have very high uptimes on berserker with their weaving. This only seems to punish certain builds/players that are already not that good.
    Edited by Namarkas on April 30, 2018 11:12AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weaking procs on target, not you. The weapon damage enchant and the sheilding glyph are the only 2 that proc on you. Have you tried the sheilding glyph? This one http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Glyph_of_Hardening
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 30, 2018 10:34AM
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I have tested shielding, and it procs.
    Also I know that weakening is a debuff, but still, it's design is apparently to directly counter berserker (questionable if it truly does, depending on whether it affects your raw stats = pre multipliers, or buffed stats = after multpliers, but the design looks that way at least)