The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crowns/ESO Plus prepaid cards

jaekobcaed
jaekobcaed
✭✭✭
I am apparently one of the few people in the world that doesn't have a couple common conveniences, one being a smartphone and the other being, yep, a credit card. I don't have a credit card, I'm unable to get one and unwilling to get one. Yet, at the same time, I'd really love to buy crowns or ESO Plus whenever I can afford it, because I really love this game. This gives me a huge issue, because currently, you can only buy those two using a credit card.

I've played a variety of other MMOs and almost all of them have/have had prepaid game cards for either a subscription or the in-game currency. This makes it possible for those of us who don't have credit cards, to be able to pay for the in-game currencies or subscription fees. That's why I strongly hope that ZOS/Bethesda (probably Bethesda as this would be more on the publishing side) would consider making ESO prepaid cards that could be redeemed for either crowns or ESO Plus membership. I'd really appreciate if this happened as I actually had to borrow my grandmother's credit card (yeah, no joke) just to get the Imperial Edition upgrade back when I bought this game, since I didn't have a credit card to buy the crowns needed. However, if we had ESO prepaid game cards available in retailers like Walmart and the like, I'd be willing to go into my local Walmart once a month/once every three months to get a card for ESO Plus or some crowns. But unless that happens, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get either as I can't get a credit card even if I wanted to (and I don't).

Thoughts on this idea?
Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
[PC/NA]
  • Dithieon
    Dithieon
    ✭✭✭
    How about a pre-paid credit card? I use a reloadable card called Green Dot for ESO+ and crowns. They charge a fee to reload,it's not a perfect solution but it's one way to do it.
    "There is a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand" - Ser Jorah Mormont
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭
    Dithieon wrote: »
    How about a pre-paid credit card? I use a reloadable card called Green Dot for ESO+ and crowns. They charge a fee to reload,it's not a perfect solution but it's one way to do it.

I've gotten the prepaid credit cards before but never the reloadable type, do they work with ESO? The only issue I have is that they do have that added fee and it requires me to go to the bank usually, which I usually don't like to do unless I'm making a big purchase. I never really thought about the reloadable kind, I'll look into them.

Nevertheless, the prepaid credit cards are ok for ESO being that ZeniMax Media and its subsidiaries are mostly US-based companies, but the trouble with the prepaid cards in general, is that the companies behind them made up some stupid policy that you can't use them for international transactions... which means I can't use them for games like RuneScape or platforms like GOG since both companies are based outside of the United States. They really need to find a better, more convenient way to make online payments, to be honest. Anyways, rant over haha. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it!
    Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
    [PC/NA]