The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shininess if Objects in Game

XDark_One13
XDark_One13
✭✭✭
Theres's no shininess in my game, and I can't figure out why. For example, looking at other players screenshots or videos I can see that some armor has a shininess to it and you can see the reflection of light on the floor in many places.
i have tried messing with the settings in my game, but I can't find anything that might be related to this affect. So i'm thinking maybe it has something to do with my computer graphics, which I am posting in this section of the forum. I play ESO on a mac book pro.
Can anyone help?
Does anyone else not have shininess in their game?
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check this line in your "Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/UserSettings.txt" file:

SET SPECULAR_MAPS "1"

If it isn't "1", when you aren't running the game, change it to "1", then run the game and see if that helped. I did this on my son's old machine, and it ran just as fast, but fixed the shiny textures.
  • XDark_One13
    XDark_One13
    ✭✭✭
    It worked!!
    Thank you @smacx250 for helping!