The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Craft level vs. champion level farming material?

sola281
sola281
I'm seeing different material types for metal & wood even thought I haven't put any additional skill points into Woodworking or Blacksmithing, so does champion level effect farming material?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nodes spawn at a 50/50 split between character level and crafting material passive level. So, the new stuff is for your new character levels. Most of my max rank characters see Iron and Rubedite for instance. If you a crafting bag, farm and decon loot as you go along. This way you can craft for the character or the next alt.

Edited by Nestor on April 29, 2018 7:32PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 50/50 split means your character can always
    1) Do their daily crafting writs - which use materials at their crafting level
    2) Equip themselves - using materials at their playing level.
    regardless of which is higher.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep several toons at no points in crafting just so i can still collect the low level mats.
    I even send them out with the surveys.

Doesn't hurt to have a variety of levels of mats in your inventory.
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    I keep several toons at no points in crafting just so i can still collect the low level mats.

But for deconstruction, the probability to get high end trait mats and stuff is higher right?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iduyenn wrote: »
    Juju_beans wrote: »

But for deconstruction, the probability to get high end trait mats and stuff is higher right?

Yes, it is higher if you have all three (3) passive skill points invested.