The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to install Summerest pre-order with non-Steam client?

Drej
Drej
✭✭
I have the Steam version of ESO, Morrowind included. Sometime in December, I got fed up trying to update through Steam and have been running the game through the standalone client ever since.

I had a friend gift me the Summerset preorder yesterday. According to Steam, it's been added to my account and does show up in my purchases/activated keys.

But when I log into ESO, I don't see that the game recognizes that I have it.

So how do I install the pre-order or make the game "recognize" it, so to speak? I no longer have the game installed through Steam, but I do have the Steam subscription for it and everything else seems to work fine through the standalone client.

Do I seriously need to log into Steam and re-install the whole entire game through Steam, just to be able to see the Summerset pre-order? I don't even see a way to get the CD key for it.
  • Chartreuse
    Chartreuse
    ✭✭
    I have a similar issue.
    I make all game and subscription payments for ESO through Steam.
    Yesterday I bought the Summerset pre-purchase digital collector's edition upgrade. The game recognises that I have purchased it as I received the Nightmare Senche Mount in-game.
    However, the Summerset upgrade is sitting in my Steam library uninstalled.

Is this correct? Normally when I have purchased pre-release for other games, Steam installs it. Or will it install itself closer to release date?
  • NinetyNineTails
    Chartreuse wrote: »
    The game recognises that I have purchased it as I received the Nightmare Senche Mount in-game.

None of the Summerset content is available on non-Steam client except the Nightmare Senche mount. If you want to play Summerset now, you need a PTS client and Summerset closed beta invite. All content should be available at (or close to) official release date.
  • Drej
    Drej
    ✭✭
    I don't even see the Nightmare Senche mount. The game also keeps prompting me to pre-order, like it doesn't see it on my account.
  • NinetyNineTails
    Then the only solution I can think of is to reinstall Steam version, login and let it add new content to your ESO account. I don't think you need a CD key to install Steam version since it's already activated for your Steam account. Unfortunately, I cannot test it myself since I have standalone ESO account.