The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Essential Housing Tools v2.0.0 is now live on Minion and ESOUI.com

R_K
R_K
✭✭✭✭✭
Essential Housing Tools v2.0.0 is now live on Minion and ESOUI.com.
Click here to download it now

New features include...

Animation Studio
- Animate one or more furniture items across multiple "frames" of animation.
- Scrub back and forth between frames to preview your animation.
- Adjust individual item positions for every frame to create your desired transitions.
- Save animation scenes for future playback.
- Play once or loop the animation for repeat playback.
- More features coming soon...

Improved Group Editing
- Additional Selection Modes for even finer control over item selection.
- New "All (Same as Target)" Selection Mode to select ALL of a given furniture item type.
- New "Stack" edit action to stack all selected furniture in front of you.
- New "Mirror Horizontal" and "Mirror Vertical" edit actions for flipping an entire selection.
* Great for mirroring those sweeping grand staircases on both ends of your room.

Repair Missing Items
- Automatic detection of missing Selection and Animation Scene items.
- Automatic repair of Selections and Scenes with one-click.
* Your inventory will be searched for any missing items and those that are found are restored to your home in their last known position for the Selection or Scene.

Does Your Laundry
- Okay, not really, but many of your home editing tasks (both mundane and complex) can be greatly accelerated with this growing suite of tools. :wink:
- Let me know what you think, if you have any suggestions or if you encounter any issues at all!

Flying Witch Animation Demo with Essential Housing Tools for The Elder Scrolls Online (2:28)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKvObrM0OKc&index=9&list=PLxkqemlv6asgx0Eo7SB7c5uDM38XjL_gm
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This add-on makes other housing add-ons obsolete, better than homestead ocd for single item placement and cleaner ui imo for moving grouped furniture than the other addons and now has a notifier for when people enter your home.

So if you have several housing add-ons, chances are this add-on has those add-on features and so less add-on clutter needed and you are free to delete those older addons
    Edited by Aliyavana on April 29, 2018 8:40AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to edit how many paces the arrow directional mover tool moves in a group, any chance that will be implemented in the future?
    Edited by Aliyavana on April 29, 2018 8:43AM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    I'd like to edit how many paces the arrow directional mover tool moves in a group, any chance that will be implemented in the future?

@Aliyavana When? Now. Version 2.1.0 is pending approval on ESOUI and Minion right now. Give it a spin once it's approved and let me know if that 'twerks for ya. <3

Also, 2.1.0 merges "Oops, I Did It Again" into Essential Housing Tools, giving you multiple levels of Undo and Redo with the added, configurable "Undo" and "Redo" keybinds. Additionally, the new "History" tab shows you all of your recent changes, furniture additions and furniture removals for the current house -- the add-on will track up to 1,000 of the most recent item changes [configurable from the settings panel].
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    - New "Mirror Horizontal" and "Mirror Vertical" edit actions for flipping an entire selection.
    * Great for mirroring those sweeping grand staircases on both ends of your room.

Yes! Thank you! :)

Can the animation feature accommodate the following scenario: when flipping the activation switch in the clockwork control panel furnishings, can we have a secondary effect showing besides the furnishing's own native effect? For example, if a sorc hides behind the panel and casts lightning form, can that somehow be recorded and then show everytime someone hits the switch on that control panel? For extra swishy electricity effects :smile:

Also, with the rate these addons are going, I don't think doing the laundry is that far ahead :smiley:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

Yes! Thank you! :)

Can the animation feature accommodate the following scenario: when flipping the activation switch in the clockwork control panel furnishings, can we have a secondary effect showing besides the furnishing's own native effect? For example, if a sorc hides behind the panel and casts lightning form, can that somehow be recorded and then show everytime someone hits the switch on that control panel? For extra swishy electricity effects :smile:

Also, with the rate these addons are going, I don't think doing the laundry is that far ahead :smiley:

@Jaimeh Lol! <3 Thank you! As for secondary effects -- God I wish. That is a thoroughly amazing idea, though! The best that I could hope to accomplish at this point, if this would even be that feasible, is to allow anyone running the add-on to see a few different "canned" effects that I would have to generate in the 3D Environment -- and even then, I think it'd end up looking something akin to the little rotating Treasure Chest icons produced by Vvardenfell Treasure Chest Tracker or HarvestMap.

Also, I did put in a Wish List entry for @ZOS_ChipHilseberg to check out (Hi Chip!) to see about getting access to the "state" of toggled/interactive furniture, such as lights and that CWC Control Panel switch -- so if the API is updated to support that, I would then be able to trigger animations to run as a result of those types of events -- which would still be really, really cool IMO :wink: !
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I did put in a Wish List entry for @ZOS_ChipHilseberg to check out (Hi Chip!) to see about getting access to the "state" of toggled/interactive furniture, such as lights and that CWC Control Panel switch -- so if the API is updated to support that, I would then be able to trigger animations to run as a result of those types of events -- which would still be really, really cool IMO :wink: !

It would be brilliant if they permitted such an insight--so many fun things could then be done with interactable furniture! I have a charging station with a precursor standing in it next to that control panel, so I was hoping the lightning form effect could make it look as if hitting the switch is powering up the station, in my little 'Frankenstein' factotum lab :smile:

I watched the video of the flying witch animation, and I have to applaud you, not just for making the animation possible, which is mind-boggling on its own, but for the whole Emerald City concept. Absolutely amazing!

Finally, another question, if you don't mind; which item is used in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhQ2NaH-Hi4

I'm afraid I couldn't locate it in the vendors. Thank you for your help!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    It would be brilliant if they permitted such an insight--so many fun things could then be done with interactable furniture! I have a charging station with a precursor standing in it next to that control panel, so I was hoping the lightning form effect could make it look as if hitting the switch is powering up the station, in my little 'Frankenstein' factotum lab :smile:

I watched the video of the flying witch animation, and I have to applaud you, not just for making the animation possible, which is mind-boggling on its own, but for the whole Emerald City concept. Absolutely amazing!

Finally, another question, if you don't mind; which item is used in this video (...)

First, thank you so much :smiley:

With regard to the lightning form animation, I did just recall the Weathervane of the Stormlords achievement furnishing available from the Battlegrounds Achievement Furnishing Vendor in Morrowind at Vivec City. If you had a place where you could hide this rather large weathervane, you may be able to have just the purple sparks showing. You could then move this into position at some point in your animation to make it look as though your Factotum were sparking to life :wink:

BcZf6fq.jpg

As for the video, that item is the same one that I used to build the Emerald City skyscrapers - the Scavenged Plate, Wide - which is available from the Home Goods Vendor in the Clockwork City at the Brass Fortress:

5PZONHw.jpg

Wbm0o9Z.jpg
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, thank you so much :smiley:

With regard to the lightning form animation, I did just recall the Weathervane of the Stormlords achievement furnishing available from the Battlegrounds Achievement Furnishing Vendor in Morrowind at Vivec City. If you had a place where you could hide this rather large weathervane, you may be able to have just the purple sparks showing. You could then move this into position at some point in your animation to make it look as though your Factotum were sparking to life :wink:

BcZf6fq.jpg

As for the video, that item is the same one that I used to build the Emerald City skyscrapers - the Scavenged Plate, Wide - which is available from the Home Goods Vendor in the Clockwork City at the Brass Fortress:

5PZONHw.jpg

Wbm0o9Z.jpg

Thank you so much for linking the plate and that achievement furniture--I've never seen that weathervane before :smile: I'll tinker with it to see if I can get the desired effect. And great to know it was the plates; I want to try and recreate a smaller version of that sphere in the video for a clockwork hot air baloon to have outside my Observatory, as my means of transportation :smiley: Thanks again, keep up the great work!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jaimeh Good luck with that Hot Air Balloon and let me know if you have any other questions :smiley: Also, if you want to share a picture of it when you are done, I'd love to see!