Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Collaboration Needs to be Fought

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
iRCPa4F.png

Above is what happens when a certain group manages to get a Scroll after it's been stolen back from us. Instead of the guy running it back to Kings where it was taken from, he goes to Chalman, hangs there for a bit while his group Sieges, then runs it down past the Lumbermill until eventually the above happened. They willingly handed Altadoon over to the Blues and waved them goodbye as they ran off toward Blue Road.

Quoting a certain meme from a Mass Effect game, my face is tired. I left Vivec for Shor because this crap was so prevalent there the most, but it's in every single Campaign and some kind of measure needs to be made to dissuade this behavior, otherwise what's the point of Alliances? Might as well be a Free for All considering players would rather cooperate with their own Guilds or friends than practice a little Faction loyalty for once.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    iRCPa4F.png

Above is what happens when a certain group manages to get a Scroll after it's been stolen back from us. Instead of the guy running it back to Kings where it was taken from, he goes to Chalman, hangs there for a bit while his group Sieges, then runs it down past the Lumbermill until eventually the above happened. They willingly handed Altadoon over to the Blues and waved them goodbye as they ran off toward Blue Road.

Quoting a certain meme from a Mass Effect game, my face is tired. I left Vivec for Shor because this crap was so prevalent there the most, but it's in every single Campaign and some kind of measure needs to be made to dissuade this behavior, otherwise what's the point of Alliances? Might as well be a Free for All considering players would rather cooperate with their own Guilds or friends than practice a little Faction loyalty for once.

Two things.

First - Scrolls, especially enemy Scrolls, are basically objectively worthless to hold on to. They award 1 point per eval - the same as any resource, and half of your home resources - and the buffs they provide are miniscule. The only thing Scrolls are currently useful for is attracting swarms of enemy pugs and pug-herders. If DC holds an AD scroll, AD will focus DC down, at the expense of losing their stuff in the south to EP, to get it back. Pugs like chasing the shiny thing, you're just giving them motivation to swarm you by holding them, and the reward for defending isn't worth the effort in most cases, unless you're a really good guild and you use it to farm AP off of enemy players.

If anything, your factionmates just helped your alliance in the upcoming evaluations, since AD will focus on DC more than EP.

Second - This will be remedied, somewhat, next patch. The AP-farm guilds will likely still look at Scrolls similarly, but leaders with more focus on campaign score and winning will want to hold scrolls and defend them because they're worth 10 points, not 1, beginning in Summerset. And who knows - the AP Farmers may help quite a bit too, since gods-know a good keep defense is often great for AP and fun fights.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its better when you catch them seige'ing next to each other in the same keep just not attacking each other.

Even better when its a keep you have almost nobody defending.

• Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its better when you catch them seige'ing next to each other in the same keep just not attacking each other.

Even better when its a keep you have almost nobody defending.

or there are already 'defenders' but they fail mentioning in zone that it's UA even though they are light attack n bafooning around, or waiting until it's flagged. I'm just bemused at this current point, I got annoyed but wasn't enjoying myself, now I don't bother or have an all care no responsibility approach. I have no problem ignoring or walking away from bollocks.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    iRCPa4F.png

If you don’t mind I would be interested to know their GTs. If you are comfortable telling me you can message me through Xbox. I’ve seen some curious stuff on Vivec so I’m not surprised Shor has similar issues.

gt montiferus