Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

REMOVE THE POPULATION INDICATORS

Anazasi
Anazasi
✭✭✭✭✭
They are not accurate or are so easily bypassed that you need to just remove them. 20 AD trying to defend against 100 DC. This is pathetic and ZOS is responsible for it. FIX the GAME before you release any new content.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And on the other side of the map, there is an DC player complaining about defending against 100 AD.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a pretty common to hear "Where are all the EP?" on the EP side of things.

The answer, really, is "somewhere other than where we think they should be" and I suspect that's true of most alliances.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not complaining about where players are. I complaining about how broke the population indicators are. Yes players always have their own agendas or whatever the case might be but the fact is the population indicators mean absolutely nothing. There is no point in even having them in game or visible to subscribers.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    There is no news about the problems related to queue, alias, we started the penultimate campaign with queues where people expected 1000 others in front of you ...

I do not see any problem with the idea presented by the OP. I do not know if it will be possible to overcome the delay in the queue, but that he walks strange - the indicators - that walks.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    And on the other side of the map, there is an DC player complaining about defending against 100 AD.

The queue cant be more accurate? Any problblem for you if i suggest it to ZOS?
    Edited by Iskras on April 28, 2018 1:50AM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look, it’s another “Woe is AD, we have no people and blue and red are pop exploiters” thread. Every night I face off against 2 full raids of AD plus randoms blobbing together. And at least once a night AD will flag 3-4 keeps at the same time, with high numbers of siege in each.

I call BS on these “we have fewer players” claims.
    Edited by Reverb on April 28, 2018 3:57AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's probably because there's 2 Ruin raids running around in IC like usual.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Removing the population indicator does nothing to solve the problem you are complaining about.

Teaching people ability names, and mechanics would allow them to fight successfully even if the situation you mentioned was true.

Can start with this one - There is a bow ultimate morph named "Ballista" and its not a cheat that it has multiple ticks in a death recap.

@Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Abram
    Abram
    ✭✭✭
    Removing the population indicator does nothing to solve the problem you are complaining about.

Teaching people ability names, and mechanics would allow them to fight successfully even if the situation you mentioned was true.

Can start with this one - There is a bow ultimate morph named "Ballista" and its not a cheat that it has multiple ticks in a death recap.

I just spilled my drink from laughing so hard. 2 points.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they just need to be more accurate.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    I'm not complaining about where players are. I complaining about how broke the population indicators are. Yes players always have their own agendas or whatever the case might be but the fact is the population indicators mean absolutely nothing. There is no point in even having them in game or visible to subscribers.

agreed, especially since NO ONE knows what they actually means

as long as there is 1 player logged in the alliance you now have 1 bar pop?

completely meaningless and gives people excuses and can even be demoralizing because "we only have 1 bar, EP/AD/DC have 3, so we are just going to sit here"
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make it show the exact number of players , i dont see what the big issue is.
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    They are not accurate or are so easily bypassed that you need to just remove them. 20 AD trying to defend against 100 DC. This is pathetic and ZOS is responsible for it. FIX the GAME before you release any new content.

Sounds like you need a break, have a kit-kat!
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wat? Removing/adjusting the pop bars won’t actually change how many people are on to help you defend.. you know that right?
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No thanks. More content, please! I'll pay for more DLC.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on April 28, 2018 4:01PM
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

No thanks. More content, please! I'll pay for more DLC.

Just let u know, more contente = more lag!
  • helios777
    helios777
    ✭✭✭✭

Just went I thought every excuse in the book had been used for losing a battle.......
    Grand Warlord HAXERUS. One of the last OG Mag DKs.
    Mag DK through Thick and Thin.
    Retired from Cyrodiil until they finally decide to fix the performance, which is probably never.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    And to make matters worse, we have some EP groups with - apparently - personal unresolved issues with AD. These groups live, literally, keeps us AD. Jamis will attack your 'friends' DCs. Unfortunate it. -_-
    Edited by Iskras on April 28, 2018 7:42PM
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should either just go away or it should just display the exact number.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    ... and talking about some swing in Cyrodiil is a joke and in very bad taste. It's no different with queue. ZOS can say whatever you want, the balance of queue, as in the rest of ESO, is something terrible. And I can state categorically: it does not exist.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskras wrote: »

I do not see any problem with the idea presented by the OP.

you dont see a problem with a request to get the devs to remove something simply because the OP doesnt understand how it works? what would removing the indicator achieve? what does the OP think it will achieve?

1. the OPs issue with it isnt an issue with it
    2. it wouldnt achieve anything
    3. i dont know what the OP thinks it will achieve because they are just having a random cry about nothing and blaming zos for dying in cyrodiil to other players it appears. I really wish this worked like an older game i played and earnt people an extra death (for whinging about being killed in pvp) but when you dont lose xp for it it doesnt really matter does it.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »

you dont see a problem with a request to get the devs to remove something simply because the OP doesnt understand how it works? what would removing the indicator achieve? what does the OP think it will achieve?

3. i dont know what the OP thinks it will achieve because they are just having a random cry about nothing and blaming zos for dying in cyrodiil to other players it appears. I really wish this worked like an older game i played and earnt people an extra death (for whinging about being killed in pvp) but when you dont lose xp for it it doesnt really matter does it.

Your 'impressions' [edited to remove bait] to the OP are yours alone. I did not have that impression, alias, I have some certainties, but already exposed here.

If you do not think the queue has problems or should be improved, express that, but do not confuse that with a 'because someone complains that you are dying in Cyrodiil', this is meaningless (everyone dies in Cyroddil, including you [and many times]) because this has nothing to do with 'queue'.

Text Interplay is part of ...
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on April 29, 2018 1:04PM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »

Your 'impressions' [edited to reflect quote] to the OP are yours alone. I did not have that impression, alias, I have some certainties, but already exposed here.

If you do not think the queue has problems or should be improved, express that, but do not confuse that with a 'because someone complains that you are dying in Cyrodiil', this is meaningless (everyone dies in Cyroddil, including you [and many times]) because this has nothing to do with 'queue'.

I share Slick’s view. [snip] Op is complaining about the pop bars, and then talks about AD being outnumbered while defending. The two things have nothing to do with each other in this instance. Adjusting or removing the pop bars won’t affect how many people are online or who show up to defend a bloody keep...
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on April 29, 2018 1:05PM
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone can complain about it. Queue system ZOS, to me, its a BAD joke!
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    - it's like now, queue AD on hold 7 and visibly the population AD on the server smaller than the queue says.

Whether you disagree or not, these are opinions, disagreeable or not. But the FACT - and against facts there are no arguments - is that the queue does not express what actually exists on the server in each faction and is expressed, it has a huge delay (my opinion).
    Edited by Iskras on April 29, 2018 1:02AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - it's like now, queue AD on hold 7 and visibly the population AD on the server smaller than the queue says.

Whether you disagree or not, these are opinions, disagreeable or not. But the FACT - and against facts there are no arguments - is that the queue does not express what actually exists on the server in each faction and is expressed, it has a huge delay (my opinion).

Saying that "visibly the population is smaller than the queue says" doesn't prove anything unless you are in fact able to see the entire faction of AD at a time.

I mean, while I'm sitting up north bewailing "where's all the EP" looking at the EP in the north, I'm not seeing the EP in the south or farming at the bridge or scouting/defending home keeps. I can't see the whole population, so it feels like the population is smaller that it actually is because I can only see a small portion of the whole that is where I am.

Or in other words, if my raid gets overwhelmed by several DC guilds at Aleswell with no EP reinforcements, I shouldn't jump to the conclusion that ZOS' population bars are inaccurate (now that the queue bug is fixed). The logical explanation is that those EP are in Cyrodiil...just somewhere else and not helping me.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭

Saying that "visibly the population is smaller than the queue says" doesn't prove anything unless you are in fact able to see the entire faction of AD at a time.

I mean, while I'm sitting up north bewailing "where's all the EP" looking at the EP in the north, I'm not seeing the EP in the south or farming at the bridge or scouting/defending home keeps. I can't see the whole population, so it feels like the population is smaller that it actually is because I can only see a small portion of the whole that is where I am.

Or in other words, if my raid gets overwhelmed by several DC guilds at Aleswell with no EP reinforcements, I shouldn't jump to the conclusion that ZOS' population bars are inaccurate (now that the queue bug is fixed). The logical explanation is that those EP are in Cyrodiil...just somewhere else and not helping me.

You're worried about 'tasting' something, I'm not. :) But I imagined the 'scene': The queue in the dock ... all entourage of public judges affixed, Registrar, judge, lawyers, etc ... :smiley:
    Edited by Iskras on April 29, 2018 2:06AM
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your 'impressions' [edited to reflect quote] to the OP are yours alone. I did not have that impression, alias, I have some certainties, but already exposed here.

those views are not mine alone. Thats clear from other peoples comments. if i think the q has issues? what has that got to do with the indicator the OP wants removed? how will removing that indicator change the q?

you [snip] refuse to answer any of the questions posed about what effect removing the indicator will have on the OP's supposed issue. You also have another shot at me about my pvp skills as well. Who is infantile here? You.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on April 29, 2018 1:05PM
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If we remove it how can we tell how few pvp players there are :D

Love and hugs from carebear land o:)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we remove it how can we tell how few pvp players there are :D

Love and hugs from carebear land o:)

Which is why ZOS won't do it.

A. They don't want to deal with the inevitable whining about "There are 50 of us and 78 of them and 89 of the other guys, we're SO outnumbered !!!!11!1! posts that will result.

B. They don't want anyone to know the current low population and blame them for it. Years of changing the game and probably more importantly, years of not expressing known issues in PVP like persistant lag and server issues and continuing bugs/exploits have driven away a large portion of the PVP poppulation. I mean, I knew about the queue bug where you could queue up a cross-faction group to bypass your alliances queue for about a year before it was fixed. Summerset is the first major performance upgrade PVP is getting in a long while. That's not to say PVP is more neglected than PVE - just look at ZOS' response on groupfinder issues - but PVP has been steadily neglected for quite soon time and population of player has definitely suffered. Some of that is natural attrition as players move on, sure, but a lot of it is due to ZOS.