The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No deathmatchs )-=

ShadowMonarch
ShadowMonarch
✭✭✭✭
Not a single death match all week. :disappointed:

Anyone else?
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope...got two back to back last night. (Ps4 EU)

Edit: I get DM at about a rate of 1 to every 12 queues, though. It is not as often as I get chaos ball...about 1 in every 3. And I do agree it weird. PvP is about killing other players. DM should be the norm, not the rarity.
    Edited by Kel on April 28, 2018 9:20AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten tons of deathmatches and very few CTRs / chaos balls.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I fixxed the problem, turns out I just had to make my own deathmatchs!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ni_c9WPtNo&t=
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    PvP is about killing other players. DM should be the norm, not the rarity.

PvP is about competing against other players, in most PvP games that means a mixture of combat, objectives, strategy, etc, not simply "killing".

Just killing rarely produces skilled or even good PvP, for the most part the only games that achieve that are those where the combat has the depth, high enough skill cap and attention to balance to enable that, which is rare, good fighting games achieve that for instance, MMORPGs... don't...

Edited by Sylosi on April 28, 2018 11:51PM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylosi wrote: »

PvP is about competing against other players, in most PvP games that means a mixture of combat, objectives, strategy, etc, not simply "killing".

Just killing rarely produces skilled or even good PvP, for the most part the only games that achieve that are those where the combat has the depth, high enough skill cap and attention to balance to enable that, which is rare, good fighting games achieve that for instance, MMORPGs... don't...

Eh...most players treat every match as a deathmatch.
    While I understand what you're saying, and I agree with it, a majority of the players are just out to kill...right or wrong.
    What I should've said is "In eso, the player mindset about PvP is killing other players"
    Edited by Kel on April 29, 2018 2:50AM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just killing rarely produces skilled or even good PvP

Severely untrue.

If you're not good at killing you might as well come out and say it instead of spreading this nonsense.
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

Severely untrue.

As you need it explained, there is nothing you do in deathmatch that you don't have to do in other modes, all deathmatch is, at least the trash way it exists in most MMORPGs is basically a team fight, something that occurs in most other PvP modes, difference is those modes increase the skill cap because you have things beyond the teamfight like map awareness, rotations, teamwork beyond merely your "teamfight", making decisions on trade-offs, etc, deathmatch is literally the lowest skilled, most one dimensional PvP mode out there, which is why it appeals to MMORPG players. ;)

Now of course you can have skilled deathmatch, with plenty of teamwork, map awareness, etc, but that requires a game that suits it, so a high skill cap on the combat (ESO fails), good dedicated balance / design (ESO fails miserably), combat that facilitates good maps (ESO fails) and so on, look at CS:GO that is basically death match with a bomb objective to avoid stalemates, great PvP, but it fulfils all those requirements I listed, so it can make what is basically deathmatch a great mode.

Most PvP games don't fulfil all those requirements (MOBAs, RTS, less skilled shooters, typical MMORPGs, etc), so other game modes that add levels of complexity, awareness, etc if done right, produce more skilled, better PvP in most games.
    If you're not good at killing you might as well come out and say it instead of spreading this nonsense.

I'm fine with killing if it is part of good PvP, which unfortunately unless you have very low standards (or are simply ignorant) then ESO fails at, one of the reasons I have not played ESO for a long time, maybe one day things will change, but given they can't even get basic things right (3 way "competitive" PvP /facepalm), I'm not exactly hopeful.
    Edited by Sylosi on April 29, 2018 9:15PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Severely untrue.

As you need it explained, there is nothing you do in deathmatch that you don't have to do in other modes, all deathmatch is, at least the trash way it exists in most MMORPGs is basically a team fight, something that occurs in most other PvP modes, difference is those modes increase the skill cap because you have things beyond the teamfight like map awareness, rotations, teamwork beyond merely your "teamfight", making decisions on trade-offs, etc, deathmatch is literally the lowest skilled, most one dimensional PvP mode out there, which is why it appeals to MMORPG players. ;)

Now of course you can have skilled deathmatch, with plenty of teamwork, map awareness, etc, but that requires a game that suits it, so a high skill cap on the combat (ESO fails), good dedicated balance / design (ESO fails miserably), combat that facilitates good maps (ESO fails) and so on, look at CS:GO that is basically death match with a bomb objective to avoid stalemates, great PvP, but it fulfils all those requirements I listed, so it can make what is basically deathmatch a great mode.

Most PvP games don't fulfil all those requirements (MOBAs, RTS, less skilled shooters, typical MMORPGs, etc), so other game modes that add levels of complexity, awareness, etc if done right, produce more skilled, better PvP in most games.

I'm fine with killing if it is part of good PvP, which unfortunately unless you have very low standards (or are simply ignorant) then ESO fails at, one of the reasons I have not played ESO for a long time, maybe one day things will change, but given they can't even get basic things right (3 way "competitive" PvP /facepalm), I'm not exactly hopeful.
    You’re implying that you need to be good at PvP to win in modes like domination. You’re implying you need to fight.

I could roll a nightblade and have my five year old nephew play it and teach him how to back cap flags behind a good team and he’d be winning matches after 20 minutes

So no.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Kirameku
    Kirameku
    ✭✭✭
    I got 3 today. No capture the relic though. Not very disappoined about it xD
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kirameku wrote: »
    I got 3 today. No capture the relic though. Not very disappoined about it xD
    Living the dream
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    You know that we will soon be able to choose right? :)
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭
    Some people are lucking out on getting death matches. There were death match leaderboard scores in the 30k range less than 10hrs after the leaderboard reset.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xericdx wrote: »
    You know that we will soon be able to choose right? :)

Yeah, but right now we can't :P

Can't stand capture the relic, will likely skip that entirely and stick to the other queues. If only DM didn't have that sigil things would be amazing next update.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After playing BGs nearly non-stop for the past week I got my first and only death match last night. With that said I'm near the top of the leaderboards in the other two leaderboards. It's stupid, but at least I know I'll be able to queue specifically for death match next update instead of being forced to do these terrible objective matches.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sad truth is that deathmatch is currently the worst mode for deathmatch because of that stupid sigil.

Best deathmatches I’ve been in have been CTR or domination where we get all twelve people in the match to agree to treat it like deathmatch.

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s ok. In 2 weeks you’ll be able to choose.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.