The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

stuck sitting

xbobx
xbobx
✭✭✭✭✭
So many times when i sit down - usually accidently - i get stuck and can't get up.

I have googled this.

is this another in a long list of bugs that have been around for years they haven't bothered to fix, or is this bug back.
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bumping because i am sick of getting stuck every time i accidentally sit, every god damn time and the only way i can get unstuck is to use the unstuck option

fix your god damn bugs
    Edited by xbobx on April 30, 2018 12:00PM
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happened to me today, during one quest I had to listen to an npc and that was kind of boring, I usually roam around but I made the mistake to sit on a chair. Well, after that I was stuck on the chair and no way to get up.
    I tried pretty much everything, only teleporting to a wayshrine made me leave the chair.
    So I can confirm there is an issue.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • simple_specops
    simple_specops
    ✭✭✭
    Same here happened to me in vivec Turning the repeteable quest in same solution just ported out, not major issue but defo worth looking into
  • dread585
    dread585
    happens to me now an then. only thing I found that gets me out of the chair without porting is to open the menu, click crown store, then crown crates.. then I back out of the menu
    PS4 - NA Server
    PSN: PooBrain585
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dread585 wrote: »
    happens to me now an then. only thing I found that gets me out of the chair without porting is to open the menu, click crown store, then crown crates.. then I back out of the menu

Conspiracy :open_mouth:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • KittyHazWares
    KittyHazWares
    ✭✭✭
    When I get stuck sitting down, a quick fix is opening your emotes and use an emote like play dead or sit (Doesn’t seem to work with your “equipped” emotes) it will get you out of it 90% of the time.

Lol the worse one to get stuck in is in Imperial City when you try to loot the backpack.
    Edited by KittyHazWares on May 3, 2018 2:18PM
    Xbox One NA
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wherew0lf wrote: »
    When I get stuck sitting down, a quick fix is opening your emotes and use an emote like play dead or sit (Doesn’t seem to work with your “equipped” emotes) it will get you out of it 90% of the time.

Lol the worse one to get stuck in is in Imperial City when you try to loot the backpack.

thanks, i will try that.

I got stuck in a dungeon before and had to relog.
  • sunpoebow
    sunpoebow

You just saved a tone of headache ty. I was in a dungeon quest so...
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both this, as well as any other "stuck in furniture" problems, can easily resolved for free by porting to Cyrodiil (queue for any non-full campaign).

Of course the underlying bug should still be fixed.
    I occasionally get stuck in chairs when I accidentally interact with the chair instead of some other nearby object or NPC. Very annoying.

If the bug can't/won't be fixed, then at least we should have a setting in options to "disable sitting in chairs/seats".
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!! I must remember that workaround the next time my character is stuck -- well, at least stuck in a chair.
    • Usually, when a character is stuck between two immovable objects (whether furniture or NPCs or a combination of the two) the character can Jump to an adjacent open space.
    • When a character is stuck in terrain (cannot move to any adjacent space), the only way of which I know to proceed is to port to a Wayshrine.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭

Hmmm ... so /sit or /sitchair will free a character which is "stuck in a chair"? Ironic, isn't it??

What is an "equipped emote"?? With PC/Mac, it is possible to simulate an emote with an add-on (such as Sit On Bench).

What do you do the 10% of the time when using an emote doesn't work? Try another emote? (rhetorical questions)

:smiley:

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    xbobx wrote: »
    So many times when i sit down - usually accidently - i get stuck and can't get up.

Is the character stuck in a chair or bench, or some other "sitable" furnishing? Or is the character stuck while sitting on some other surface, such as the ground?

By the way, on which mega-server does this happen with XBoxOne?

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »

Conspiracy :open_mouth:
    You could be right, but that is only a hypothesis, not a theory. :wink:

Edited by Shadowshire on February 24, 2020 2:40AM