The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templer Builds too much

Bratbag007
Sun Shield, Backlash, Rune Focus Morphs

I have verse close up and i realize these Morph's and to great and need to balance out to other class skill's
for instance restoring light last part The rune also grants Minor Vitality and Minor Protection, increasing your healing received and reducing your damage taken.
Adds and sufficient time to try to kill them in game, Power of the Light skill dealing [x] Magic Damage to them and copying all their damage taken for 6 seconds and releasing 20% of it as additional Magic Damage to them. and Also applies Minor Fracture and Minor Breach to the enemy, reducing their Physical and Spell Resistance and then look at Purifying Light skill dealing [x] Magic Damage to them and copying all their damage taken for 6 seconds and releasing 20% of it as additional Magic Damage to them.When the effect ends, a pool of sunlight remains attached to the enemy, healing nearby allies. Honest Power of the Light skill Should have less than 20% be reduce to 10 15% considering and fracture and breach, Purifying Light I just dont think it should damage at all should just heal allies. Next Sun Shield each enemy hit increases the shield's strength by 4% over kill considering they have a shield Surround yourself with a solar rays, granting a damage shield equal to 27% of your Max Health for 6 seconds. each enemy hit increases the shield's strength by 4% simply shouldnt be on the skill its on par as Ultimate to strong.
Blazing Shield Surround yourself with a solar rays, granting a damage shield equal to 27% of your Max Health for 6 seconds.
Each nearby enemy increases the shield's strength by 4% when the shield is activated.
When the shield expires it explodes outward, dealing 50% of the damage absorbed to nearby enemies.
No longer deals damage to enemies on activation, instead deals damage when shield expires based on the amount it absorbed.
Firstly this skill should cost more to just use it 6s people can do 0-16000 dmg add 50% thats makes it ridcously strong

• Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puh, first off: your text is really hard to read, please use paragraphs to help us readers follow your argument. Evenso I have a hard time figuring out what exactly you like to state, I will try nevertheless.

I have verse close up and i realize these Morph's and to great and need to balance out to other class skill's
    for instance restoring light last part The rune also grants Minor Vitality and Minor Protection, increasing your healing received and reducing your damage taken.

I am not sure what you are aiming at, but just to clearify:
    Rune focus (base skill) :

Create a rune of celestial protection, which defends you while you stand within it and for up to 8 seconds after leaving it.
    The rune grants you Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5280.

cost: 1853 magica, instant cast, duration 15s, ground aoe, not travelling with player

-> compare to f.eg: spiked armor (DK)

Release your inner dragon to gain Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5280 for 17 seconds.
    While active, the armor returns 143 Magic Damage to melee attackers.

cost: 2700 magica, instant cast, duration 17s, traveling with player + adds magic damage to melee attackers

-> compare to feg: lightning form (sorc):

Manifest yourself as pure lighting, zapping nearby enemies with electricity dealing [x] Shock Damage every 1 second for 15 seconds.
    While in this form you also gain Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5280 for 15 seconds.

cost 3929 magica, instant cast, duration 15s, travelling with player + adds a good chunk of damage

-> compare to feg: shadow barrier (NB):
    Rank II

Casting a Shadow ability grants you Major Resolve and Major Ward for 6 seconds, increasing Physical and Spell Resistance by 5280. This duration is increased by 25% for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped.

cost: 0 magica/stamina, passive ability, duration variable with amount og heavy armour carried, travelling with player + effect up when another ability from shadow ability skill tree is cast

-> compare to feg: frost cloak (warden):
    Wrap a thick cloak of ice around you and nearby allies. Affected targets gain Major Resolve, increasing Physical Resistance, and Major Ward, increasing Spell Resistance for 19 seconds.

cost:4050 magica, instant cast, duration 19s, group buff (8m) + travelling with player

summary:
    The templars rune focus isn't the cheapest class ability to gain major ward and major resolve, but its the only stationary class ability granting major ward and major resolve. For uptime during (PVP)-combat this ability has to be recast almost every 8 s -> so its as costly (~213mag/s) as wardens comfortable 19s travel along frost cloak that counts for the whole group. Adding to it, having to recast of rune focus every 8 seconds always bears the risk of beeing affected by poisons during casts in PVP increasing netto costs even further.

Secondary effects of morphed abilities are debateable. Some roles might find minor vitallity and minor protection more usefull then providing the buffs to the whole group (wardens); minor protection, increased damage etc etc etc.

Imo this base skill need overhaul and a buff, the secondary effects of the morphs should be looked at as well.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Adds and sufficient time to try to kill them in game, Power of the Light skill dealing [x] Magic Damage to them and copying all their damage taken for 6 seconds and releasing 20% of it as additional Magic Damage to them. and Also applies Minor Fracture and Minor Breach to the enemy, reducing their Physical and Spell Resistance and then look at Purifying Light skill dealing [x] Magic Damage to them and copying all their damage taken for 6 seconds and releasing 20% of it as additional Magic Damage to them.When the effect ends, a pool of sunlight remains attached to the enemy, healing nearby allies. Honest Power of the Light skill Should have less than 20% be reduce to 10 15% considering and fracture and breach, Purifying Light I just dont think it should damage at all should just heal allies.

So; i guess you think this skill is overperforming, please correct me if i am wrong with my assumtion.

First off: the damage of Backlash is capped ... for the stamina morph power of the light my maximum copied damage is 27k (on a PVE DD stamplar build), this means the skill offers maximal ~ 4500 damage per second.

Secondly for this maximum damage to take effect your group has to dish out 135 000 damage over 6 seconds. Solo this is pretty hard to do, it happens when crit chance, ulti and selfbuffs add up with a perfect rotation... but that happens rather seldomly.

Thirdly, in PVP damge is 50%.

Lastly, the minor breach buff was unique to this ability and the only way for utilizing this buff when needed (i.e. in progressive PVE endgame content). With SI this buff is tied to a set, hence the templar looses its only reason to be part of endgame PVE.

summary
    This class defining skill is performing just within range of many damage skills. Its clearly lacking the awesomeness one expects of a class defining skill when SI launches when the unique buff it once provided is lost and will be replaceable by a set .

IMO this ability needs to either be buffed in damage or reworked for better secondary effects to keep its place as a class defining ability.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Blazing Shield Surround yourself with a solar rays, granting a damage shield equal to 27% of your Max Health for 6 seconds.
    Each nearby enemy increases the shield's strength by 4% when the shield is activated.
    When the shield expires it explodes outward, dealing 50% of the damage absorbed to nearby enemies.
    No longer deals damage to enemies on activation, instead deals damage when shield expires based on the amount it absorbed.
    Firstly this skill should cost more to just use it 6s people can do 0-16000 dmg add 50% thats makes it ridcously strong

So, again I guess you feel this ability is overperforming. If I am wrong please let me know.

Lets look at this ability more closely:

For heavens sake lets just take your claim of a max 16k damage in 6 seconds (which is wrong btw: damage dealt = 50% of damage absorbed and only 27% max health = shieldstrength would mean more then ~ 118 000 max health for the shield to deal 16k damage ) but just to show you 16k damage over 6 seconds = ~ 2667 damage per second in PVE, so this ability is clearly not aiming to be a DD ability.

Now is this ability designed for tanking use and the poor damage only a secondary effect? The duration of 6s seems to support this idea.
    Surround yourself with a solar rays, granting a damage shield equal to 27% of your Max Health for 6 seconds.

Imagine a build that is stacking health to 70k (please note: this would be a troll build that can't do anything else, but sun shield), this means the shieldstrength = 18900 + 756 for each enemy hit , cost: 4320 Magicka

-> compare to conjure ward (sorc)
    base spell:
    Conjure globes of Daedric energy for protection, granting a damage shield for you and your pets that absorbs 3007 damage for 6 seconds.

shieldstrength = 18042 for caster AND his PETS, cost: 3510 Magicka

hardened ward morph:

Conjure globes of Daedric energy for protection, granting a damage shield for you and your pets that absorbs 3007 damage for 6 seconds. Your own globe absorbs 20% additional damage.
    Your own damage shield absorbs additional damage.

shieldstrength = 21650 for caster AND 18042 for his PETS cost: 3510 Magicka

empowered ward morph:
    Conjure globes of Daedric energy for protection, granting a damage shield for you and your pets that absorbs 3007 damage for 10 seconds.
    Also grants Minor Intellect to you and nearby allies, increasing your Magicka Recovery by 10% for 10 seconds.
    Reduces the cost, increases the duration, and also grants you and your allies Minor Intellect.

shieldstrength = 18042 for caster AND his PETS; + Minor Intellect to caster and nearby allies + 10% Magicka Recovery for 10 seconds for caster. , cost: 3240 Magicka

Final comment to conjure ward and morph: Please do consider that the shielded pets deal damage every 2 seconds. I don't know how much, and I would really welcome a comment on this. However i doubt the damage dealt when using the damage pet is less then 2000 damage per second in PVE.

-> compare to bone shield (undaunted)

Surround yourself with a whirlwind of bones, gaining a damage shield that absorbs to 30% of your Max Health for 6 seconds
    An ally near you can activate the Bone Wall synergy, granting the ally and up to 3 other friendly targets near them damage shield that absorbs 100% of their Max Health for 6 seconds.

To compare I again assume a troll build with 70k health.

shieldstrength = 21000 for caster + synergy for 3 allies granting them a shield of 100% their maximum health , cost 3780 Stamina

spiked boneshield morph:
    Surround yourself with a whirlwind of bones, gaining a damage shield that absorbs 30% of your Max Health for 6 seconds and returns 30% of any direct damage back to attackers

An ally near you can activate the Bone Wall synergy, granting the ally and up to 3 other friendly targets near them a damage shield that absorbs 100% of their Max Health for 6 seconds.

shieldstrength = 21000 for caster + 30% of any direct damage dealt as damage (hard to compare as direct damaging abilities usually hit hard, but not everyone uses them, however please note: Damage dealt IS NOT LINKED TO Shieldstrength!) + synergy for 3 allies granting them a shield of 100% their maximum health , cost 3780 Stamina

bone surge morph:

Surround yourself with a whirlwind of bones, absorbing physical damage equivalent to 30% of your Max Health for 6 seconds.

An ally near you can activate the Bone Wall synergy, granting the ally and up to 3 other friendly targets near them a damage shield that absorbs 100% of their Max Health for 6 seconds and Major Vitality increasing their healing received by 30%

shieldstrength = 21000 for caster + synergy for 3 allies granting them a shield of 100% their maximum health + Major vitality , cost 3780 Stamina

summary

Blazing shield is the only used morph of this overall underperforming ability. In comparison with other shield abilities the lower shieldstrength doesn't justify its higher cost nor does the little damage possible dealt by this ability outweigh the damage dealt by shielded pets (sorc shield) or shielded allies (undaunted shield). Adding to it the only morph used doesn't have any secondary effects: it only shields the caster and offers no buffs.

Imo this ability is underperforming and needs a complete overhaul, or be scratched for good and replaced by anything usefull. Its a disgrace of a class ability.
    Edited by Elsterchen on April 27, 2018 1:17PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you’re asking for a nerf? And no Templars do not need a nerf. Have you tried playing one solo recently? It ain’t easy.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished my post (#2). Please read.

@Joy_Division, @Cinbri, @Minno please add your comments to the magic morph of backlash. I play stamplar and just assume its max damage also capped at ~27k (for magplar DD PVE build).

@Checkmath feel free to check numbers, argument and use the info whenever suited. I really enjoyed your templar balance write-up. ;)
    Edited by Elsterchen on April 27, 2018 1:32PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uh....what?
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think everything is already said by you @Elsterchen , nice write up to explain actually how crappy some of the three abilities are. one of three is so rarely used, one is an aoe buff, which doesnt even follow the caster and the third is a mediocre dps skill, which cant crit and gives either some healing or minor breach.

OP is hardly understandable and doesnt have any good point said. his suggestions would make the skills worthless (purifying light should only heal....who would nuse a heal, which has an effect after 6 seconds with nothing else tied to it?), so we wont see much of agreeing from others i think.
    lets just forget about this post here and go on.

btw...why didnt i get a notification by your summoning elsterchen....i just got to this post by accident.
    Edited by Checkmath on April 27, 2018 3:19PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    i think everything is already said by you @Elsterchen , nice write up to explain actually how crappy some of the three abilities are. one of three is so rarely used, one is an aoe buff, which doesnt even follow the caster and the third is a mediocre dps skill, which cant crit and gives either some healing or minor breach.

OP is hardly understandable and doesnt have any good point said. his suggestions would make the skills worthless (purifying light should only heal....who would nuse a heal, which has an effect after 6 seconds with nothing else tied to it?), so we wont see much of agreeing from others i think.
    lets just forget about this post here and go on.

btw...why didnt i get a notification by your summoning elsterchen....i just got to this post by accident.

I gave it a quick read. I know that potl/purfying light is best if you have another player helping. Otherwise you are using it for the utility they bring you in the fight.

For stamplar the minor debuffs are huge. Even if other sets replace that debuff in pve, in PVP its a nice little ranged option.
    For magplar, the heal helps offset BOL spam.

Otherwise potl/PL don't crit, other than the initial hit, your dmg is halved in pvp so it takes longer to fill up the max cap, and it capped so youll be waiting for 1200-4k worth of dmg every 6 seconds but have to spend more mag/stamina to get than other classes with skills that give that up front.

That's why i consider potl/pl a group skill; you need other players to reach the max cap efficiently.

Stamplar im noticing will benefit more from bow main/whatever buff weapon:
    - ranged debuff that adds a little extra damage
    - aoe intital hit snare that will undodgeable next patch without a cast time. Also has a dot so you cast it once, which will fill up potl passively
    - ranged cc that will proc burning light
    - ranged execute/dot for additional passive pressure
    - single target heal cc/escape cc. Escape cc might be clutch to help give stamplar mobility outside of sprint/dodge roll
    - burst ranged cast time similar to dark flare except better damage (easily 21k-22k versus struggling to get 19k).
    - imbue weapon next patch adding a stamina light attack buff which will buff bow builds.
    - bow ultimate also gives a passive way to deal sustain damage.

LOTS of passive ways to sustain dmg with bow from range, with templar having a few utility spells to help offset bow being weak in melee range (blazing shield, biting jabs with draining shot is clutch, extended ritual giving persistent snares, etc)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Bratbag007

[snip]

Thanks for clearify @Elsterchen you should see why blazing shield can be lethal i was comparing skills not to clearbut doing my best in that reguard but the blaze shield the return on top on dps per second play right and hit hard while attacking

As for @Vapirko im only asking rework blaze sheild

[snip]

[snip]

And its funny how left out these sheilds

Sun Shield
    Active

Surround yourself with a solar rays, granting a damage shield equal to 30% of your Max Health for 6 seconds.
    Nearby enemies take 248 Magic Damage when the shield is activated, and each enemy hit increases the shield's strength by 4%.
    Aedric Spear Rank 42 4320 Magicka Instant (6s) 5m radius

Radiant Ward

Surround yourself with a solar rays, granting a damage shield equal to 30% of your Max Health for 6 seconds.
    Nearby enemies take 252 Magic Damage when the shield is activated, and each enemy hit increases the shield's strength by 6%.
    Has reduced cost, and the shield strengthened further for each enemy hit.
    Sun Shield Rank IV 3980 Magicka Instant (6s) 5m radius

Blazing Shield

When the shield expires it explodes outward, dealing 33% of the damage absorbed to nearby enemies.

Sun Shield Rank IV 4320 Magicka Instant (6s) 5m radius

In all honestly Blazing sheild is a issue deals damage when sheild expire based on the amount it absorbed combine with the other templer skills is op when you out put high amount dps in 6s on top of timed skill then second it drop you can die very quickly.

[Edit for bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on July 7, 2018 6:18PM
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After removing a handful of posts, we must remind everyone that all posts are to be kept civil and constructive.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • roarr
    roarr
    ✭✭✭
    Is this really nerf templar thread? LOL
    I havent seen blazing shield (or other morph) being used in pvp since ages.
    Also templars are much less (i would even say the least) popular than other classes.
    So no, templars dont need a nerf.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bratbag007 wrote: »
    [snip]

Thanks for clearify @Elsterchen you should see why blazing shield can be lethal i was comparing skills not to clearbut doing my best in that reguard but the blaze shield the return on top on dps per second play right and hit hard while attacking

[snip]

[snip]

Sun Shield
    Active

Nearby enemies take 248 Magic Damage when the shield is activated, and each enemy hit increases the shield's strength by 4%.

Radiant Ward

Nearby enemies take 252 Magic Damage when the shield is activated, and each enemy hit increases the shield's strength by 6%.

Blazing Shield

When the shield expires it explodes outward, dealing 33% of the damage absorbed to nearby enemies.

In all honestly Blazing sheild is a issue deals damage when sheild expire based on the amount it absorbed combine with the other templer skills is op when you out put high amount dps in 6s on top of timed skill then second it drop you can die very quickly.

[Edit for bait.]

Blazing shield was good back in the day, now it's a good joke to those I see trying to bring it back. Yeah when you throw the 30% shield number around and the damage return it looks scary but it gets double dipped by battle spirit. What do I mean? The shield gets halved and so does the damage. Heavy has been just ruined from what they had it so that's a joke too. And another point I'd like to say is how high damage and healing it lately, if you were to be successful with it you're either emp or just really living on luck. Buy a lotto ticket if it's working. Enjoyed the nerf templar thread.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

[snip]

[snip]

Sun Shield
    Active

Radiant Ward

Blazing Shield

[Edit for bait.]

Blazing shield was good back in the day, now it's a good joke to those I see trying to bring it back. Yeah when you throw the 30% shield number around and the damage return it looks scary but it gets double dipped by battle spirit. What do I mean? The shield gets halved and so does the damage. Heavy has been just ruined from what they had it so that's a joke too. And another point I'd like to say is how high damage and healing it lately, if you were to be successful with it you're either emp or just really living on luck. Buy a lotto ticket if it's working. Enjoyed the nerf templar thread.

Pretty sure that this is wrong, you got evidence of this happening?
  • Bratbag007
    either way i dont care anymore but i will double check templer out of curious i may be wrong but after seeing it striaght on i was surpise on blaze shield i would love to get evidence unfortnally record software not working.
    thats enough of this conversion but thank you
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

[snip]

[snip]

Sun Shield
    Active

Radiant Ward

Blazing Shield

[Edit for bait.]

It’s just battle spirit cutting the shield in half and the players taking half damage aswell. Shouldve specified a bit more.
    I remember days running that thing on a stamplar and it being helpful, now a build stacked for it is lackluster and shameful lol
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

[snip]

[snip]

Sun Shield
    Active

Radiant Ward

Blazing Shield

[Edit for bait.]

It’s just battle spirit cutting the shield in half and the players taking half damage aswell. Shouldve specified a bit more.
    I remember days running that thing on a stamplar and it being helpful, now a build stacked for it is lackluster and shameful lol

all percentage damage/heals are already getting cut in half, if what you you are saying was true then 25% healing you get from strife would be much less or the healing percentage from sweeps, you need to show it is double dipping into the half shield value AND the half damage values. cause i am pretty sure it is not.
  • Bratbag007
    Thank you @Lightspeedflashb14_ESO and ty for not being rude or mean.

thank you ever listen except people being rude or mean if you just explain it without bring up
    people language skills and not insult i would listen and actually read your comment's.

all you need do is do simlair reason pro/con compairing shield to all class since reading Light's i have
    change my mind templer overall is not op i just honestly did think blaze was bit op anyway ty bye
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lightspeedflashb14_ESO not sure, but I guess @KingExecration is pointing to a substancial nerf of this ability cutting the original "... granting a damage shield equal to 80% of your Max Health ..." to a 50% - without further adressing secondary effects. In more recent nerfs this this was subsequently further reduced to 30% and finally the pittyfull 27% we have today.

Just so its not forgotten: secondary effects have not been adjusted during the nerf process, well at least not for the templar ability ! Sorcs shieling pets has as well as FG ability shielding allies has been introduced alongside the motto: We want you to play together! (somewhere aroung TG/DB patches) If I recall history correctly.
    Edited by Elsterchen on July 9, 2018 9:57AM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What game mode do you play your templar on?

Like battlegrounds, Cyrodil (if so what campaign), vet dungeons, normal dungeons, vet trials, normal trials, questing etc...

Questing is generally set for beginner level difficulty. sometimes judging the strength of a skill while questing VS everywhere else can make them look very overpowered.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed several unnecessary and insulting comments from this thread. Because the discussion has continued to derail, we have decided to close it down. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.