The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

LF raiding guild that does vMoL and accepts guests joining the runs

schattenkind
schattenkind
✭✭✭
Well, as stated above, I look for a guild that does vMoL and would allow a guest to join the runs.
I cant join any more guilds (due to the great limit of 5) but I would like to do vMoL (and sometimes other trials).
I want to be honest:
- I have nearly 0 experience with trials but I recall doing MoL once (normal tho), which went pretty good
- Just for now, I essentially just want to unlock dromathra skin - but, however, maybe I could imagine doing more runs in the future, if it turns out to be fun for me

My offer:
- My toons are max cp and I have general vet experience.
- I can do healing/support but would prefer to not be the main healer (since lack of experience in trials).
- I could do dd, but I lack pve dps toons, therefore it would be not much dps coming from me.
- I play tank also, but that might be to important in trial, even for off-tank, as I would do this with no experience.
- Discord/TS available.

To make this clear, I dont want to just be carried through, I would like to contribute and do my best - and maybe do other trials too.
PC - EU
Primary: PvP: magSorc, magNB, PvE: DK Tank, Templar Heal
Secondary: PvP: magDK, Templar, PvE: Warden something
  • Rickhulters
    I’d recommend you joining a trial guild that practices vmol runs because you can’t just go blind In there and expect to complete it.
    Edited by Rickhulters on May 1, 2018 11:57PM
  • Baz
    Baz
    ✭✭✭
    vMoL is far far away from nMoL in term of personal & group effort. 1 guy can wipe all group on the Twins & Rakkhat.

If you want to be carried for the skin, it seems you will need to pay some golds.
    Edited by Baz on May 2, 2018 6:52AM
    vAA : 150.350 WS StamBlade
    vSO : 171.041 CwC StamSorc
    vHRC : 155.895 DB Tank
    vMoL : 159.672 CwC Stamplar
    vHoF : 206.667 MkM StamNB
    vAS : 111.272 MkM Magplar
    vCR : 128.397 WS MagSorc
    Mostly retired from PvE ESO
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    1. I dont wanna be carried.
    2. I know that I cant just jump in vMoL right away.

I just cant join any other guild, as member that is. Thats all the point. Shouldve made this more clear obviously.
    PC - EU
  • Joker99
    Joker99
    ✭✭✭
    No groups in their right mind would take a random into vmol, especially since all he wants is the skin and especially since he has no veteran trial experience. You either pay gold or work hard for it.
    PC-EU
    DPS Slave:
    StamNB, MagNB, MagPlar, MagDK, StamDK, StamWarden
    Mostly just a scrub. Not even max CP.Actually max CP.
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    *sigh* Really that hard to understand?

I know that I wont be doing vMoL from start and that it needs a lot of practice on normal - which I would.
    The *** skin is my primary motivation right now - but I am willing to do more tirals.
    I just need a group without charge to join the guild, because I cant. And it has to be a guild who does vMoL, coz a lot dont do this (I ask some already).
    PC - EU
  • AEAltadoonPadhome
    AEAltadoonPadhome
    ✭✭✭
    I understand your struggle. People who do a lot of vet trials are not eager to train a lot of new people very often since new people often fail on the difficult mechanics. Getting out of that loop is not easy.

However, I have some advice for you.

vMoL is one of the harder veteran trials. I recommend you to first try some of the easier ones: vAA and vHRC to start with, and if you get the hang of it you can also try vSO or vAS.
    Well, as stated above, I look for a guild that does vMoL and would allow a guest to join the runs.
    I cant join any more guilds (due to the great limit of 5) but I would like to do vMoL (and sometimes other trials).
    If you want to do vmol you have to join a guild. Being a guest is not an option as you need to have regular attendance (preferably at least 2x/week). Being a guest is just out of question. Forget it. It's like asking FC Barcelona to take you into a champions league match as a guest player because you once did well on your local school tournament.
    - I can do healing/support but would prefer to not be the main healer (since lack of experience in trials).
    - I could do dd, but I lack pve dps toons, therefore it would be not much dps coming from me.
    - I play tank also, but that might be to important in trial, even for off-tank, as I would do this with no experience.

No offense, but those points scare away any reasonable trial leader. You will need to have a PvE character you are comfortable with. AA and HRC are usually done with one tank so maybe you do not want the raid to depend on you. Some decent heals are also required. But in 12 man content, DPS are needed the most.

I suggest you start building a DPS and a healer build for PvE. For your healer, get the following sets from dungeons first: SPC, Jorvuld's Guidance, Worm, Mending. Get all the necessary skills and items. Try to do pug or guild dailies and carry the filthy noobs ;)
    For your DD, make a build, clear all vet dungeons (including DLC), and practice your rotation on dummies until you get at least 25-30k dps self-buffed. Check that you pull the same numbers on dungeon bosses. Just use a meta/BiS build for your setup that has proven itself; weird builds are there for fun or for people already experienced with standard setups trying to do something new. Easiest to master and most searched for dd setups are: Magsorc, MagNB, stamNB, stamsorc, and stamDK, since many people have tried those classes out already. Remember, you want to get experience in trials, not be the most original.

First join a large PvE guild who does vet dungeons and has vet trial training days. Guilds charging gold are there to carry or are a hoax (except trading guilds but we're not talking about those). Get to know the people that do a lot of PvE there and who lead the trials. Ask them for advice as well.

If you are scared by the time you have to invest to become good at this game's pve side, then perhaps it is not for you.
    Edited by AEAltadoonPadhome on May 3, 2018 6:03PM
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Just for now, I essentially just want to unlock dromathra skin - but, however, maybe I could imagine doing more runs in the future, if it turns out to be fun for me

If you expect that some guild will take a random dude with zero trial experience straight into vMoL because he only wants to get the skin, then good luck with that lol.

If you wanna run this trial only once for skin, then you need to pay gold for it.

There is no single guild on PC EU that will want to take a random guy with them for one run, and who will stop raiding with them after he gets what he wanted.
    I can do healing/support but would prefer to not be the main healer (since lack of experience in trials).

So you don't wanna heal, you don't wanna tank, and you have too low dps to be a DD. So what do you wanna do there? RP?

If you don't have experience in trials, why the heck you want to run vMoL? Practice in vet Craglorn trials with HM, then move to DLC ones.

That guild probably don't want to be nuked over and over on twins because of some random guy who have no idea what's going on there.
    Edited by Marabornwingrion on May 3, 2018 7:26PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I know that I wont be doing vMoL from start and that it needs a lot of practice on normal - which I would.
    The *** skin is my primary motivation right now - but I am willing to do more tirals.
    I just need a group without charge to join the guild, because I cant. And it has to be a guild who does vMoL, coz a lot dont do this (I ask some already).

I am sorry to seem harsh: Everyone understands you. No one will take you on a 'guest'. A lot of guilds won't even take their own actual friends (PVPers or PVEers who don't know mechanics) as 'guests' because really 1 guy can wipe a whole group in certain places.

If you wanna pay some millions - you can get your skin - those guilds exist FOR SURE on EU (one French one has advertised here) and I have heard they also do on NA but I would not know.

Be Warned Though: If you ever pay - you will forever be a commodity. Forget ever raiding for real. People talk in discord all the time about payers etc. Some even have 'client lists' they share. It's not a good look. If you only wanna have skin for looks/rp whatever - then you won't care.

If you ever wanna raid for real; you have to earn it or you never will.
    Edited by Mureel on May 3, 2018 7:33PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TLDR:
    1. Need vMoL skin
    2. Dont want to be carried
    3. Cant contribute
    Seems like 2 and 3 contradict each other;)
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need some way to join and remain in a dedicated progression group. So far, joining a guild and its progression core team is pretty much your only viable option

Even then you'd be doing weeks or even months of vAA, vHRC, and vSO before you even properly step foot into vMoL, and you'll probably be spending another few weeks learning mechanics and wiping in there before you get your first clear.

So take the first critical step: join a raiding guild. Decide properly on which role you're the most comfortable with while you're at it, and stick with it.
    Edited by HatchetHaro on May 3, 2018 8:50PM
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • l.ys
    l.ys
    ✭✭
    Hello, I do understand where you are coming from with this

BUT

I believe that you would be the most likely to get it in a guild that trains veteran trials, as groups that are practicing VMOL tend to be full, and would not pull in a random

I had to work for what I have, I suggest perhaps you do the same.
    All hardmode trials done on NA
    @Rostelore ingame user.
    Main templar healer
  • Duckbutta
    Duckbutta
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry dude, but as others have pointed out, your premises and desires are simply not compatible. You can't say you don't have experience AND be unwilling to join a raiding guild, and yet somehow complete vMoL and not be carried. Practicing normal mode will literally do nothing to prepare you like that, they're completely different trials with vet being 10x more difficult than normal.

Your best bet is to drop one of your current guilds and join a raiding guild that is willing to be patient and help you train. Get experience doing the Craglorn trials first - vAA, vHRC, and vSO. After you've gotten comfortable with those and understand how to heal/whatever role in the easier trials, then you will be prepared to be able to learn vMoL and be able to sufficiently pull your weight. Trying to take any other route is simply a shortcut and plea to be carried, even if you understandably don't see it that way.
    Daggerfall Covenant [NA/PC] - Requiem | Elder Scrolls Exchange | Nightfighters | Ethereal Traders Union | Centuria Invictus

Smush M’gush | Orsimer | Stam DK DPS [Trials Guide] [vMA Guide]
    Bill Clawsby | Khajiit | Stam NB PvP/DPS
    Yolo Swagginborn | Breton | Mag Templar DPS [vMA Guide]
    Tastes-Like-Chícken | Argonian | Mag DK Tank
    Cholo Laggins | Altmer | Mag NB DPS [vMA Guide]
    Critney Spearz | Redguard | Stam Templar DPS
    Michael Boltin | Imperial | Stam Sorc DPS
    Sherlock Ohms | Altmer | Mag Sorc DPS
    Pyro Ren | Dunmer | Mag DK DPS
    Mules-All-Gear | Argonian | Mag Templar Healer
    Lil Bossmer | Bosmer | Stam Warden DPS
  • GulmarAvocado
    GulmarAvocado
    ✭✭✭
    ill carry you bro dont mind all this unfriendly people. im willing to give out skins
    I LIKE AVOCADOS
  • GulmarAvocado
    GulmarAvocado
    ✭✭✭
    just pm me when you can @GulmarAvocado is my in game ill put up a run for ya
    I LIKE AVOCADOS
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Awesome let us know how that goes! o7
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    I understand your struggle. People who do a lot of vet trials are not eager to train a lot of new people very often since new people often fail on the difficult mechanics. Getting out of that loop is not easy.

vMoL is one of the harder veteran trials. I recommend you to first try some of the easier ones: vAA and vHRC to start with, and if you get the hang of it you can also try vSO or vAS.
    If you want to do vmol you have to join a guild. Being a guest is not an option as you need to have regular attendance (preferably at least 2x/week). Being a guest is just out of question. Forget it. It's like asking FC Barcelona to take you into a champions league match as a guest player because you once did well on your local school tournament.

No offense, but those points scare away any reasonable trial leader. You will need to have a PvE character you are comfortable with. AA and HRC are usually done with one tank so maybe you do not want the raid to depend on you. Some decent heals are also required. But in 12 man content, DPS are needed the most.

I suggest you start building a DPS and a healer build for PvE. For your healer, get the following sets from dungeons first: SPC, Jorvuld's Guidance, Worm, Mending. Get all the necessary skills and items. Try to do pug or guild dailies and carry the filthy noobs ;)
    For your DD, make a build, clear all vet dungeons (including DLC), and practice your rotation on dummies until you get at least 25-30k dps self-buffed. Check that you pull the same numbers on dungeon bosses. Just use a meta/BiS build for your setup that has proven itself; weird builds are there for fun or for people already experienced with standard setups trying to do something new. Easiest to master and most searched for dd setups are: Magsorc, MagNB, stamNB, stamsorc, and stamDK, since many people have tried those classes out already. Remember, you want to get experience in trials, not be the most original.

First join a large PvE guild who does vet dungeons and has vet trial training days. Guilds charging gold are there to carry or are a hoax (except trading guilds but we're not talking about those). Get to know the people that do a lot of PvE there and who lead the trials. Ask them for advice as well.

If you are scared by the time you have to invest to become good at this game's pve side, then perhaps it is not for you.

Thank you for advice, honestly.
    Although, one missunderstanding I would like to clear up: I heal vet and I heal good, including all dlc. I just dont like to be the main healer for beginning, as I need to learn timings and combat specialties.
    I am planing on a pve dd anyway, just cant decide what to go for. Healing is my main and best.
    Astrid_V wrote: »

If you expect that some guild will take a random dude with zero trial experience straight into vMoL because he only wants to get the skin, then good luck with that lol.

If you wanna run this trial only once for skin, then you need to pay gold for it.

There is no single guild on PC EU that will want to take a random guy with them for one run, and who will stop raiding with them after he gets what he wanted.
    I can do healing/support but would prefer to not be the main healer (since lack of experience in trials).

So you don't wanna heal, you don't wanna tank, and you have too low dps to be a DD. So what do you wanna do there? RP?

If you don't have experience in trials, why the heck you want to run vMoL? Practice in vet Craglorn trials with HM, then move to DLC ones.

That guild probably don't want to be nuked over and over on twins because of some random guy who have no idea what's going on there.

Seems you read first post only. I explained my position in following posts. Read those or dont bother, pls.
    Mureel wrote: »

I am sorry to seem harsh: Everyone understands you. No one will take you on a 'guest'. A lot of guilds won't even take their own actual friends (PVPers or PVEers who don't know mechanics) as 'guests' because really 1 guy can wipe a whole group in certain places.

If you wanna pay some millions - you can get your skin - those guilds exist FOR SURE on EU (one French one has advertised here) and I have heard they also do on NA but I would not know.

Be Warned Though: If you ever pay - you will forever be a commodity. Forget ever raiding for real. People talk in discord all the time about payers etc. Some even have 'client lists' they share. It's not a good look. If you only wanna have skin for looks/rp whatever - then you won't care.

I m not paying anything and I never intended to.
    TLDR:
    1. Need vMoL skin
    3. Cant contribute

1. I dont need the skin, I like to have it. If I cant, Ill still live.
    2. Exactly!
    3. Where did I say that...? Pls read whole posting.
    Duckbutta wrote: »
    Sorry dude, but as others have pointed out, your premises and desires are simply not compatible. You can't say you don't have experience AND be unwilling to join a raiding guild, and yet somehow complete vMoL and not be carried. Practicing normal mode will literally do nothing to prepare you like that, they're completely different trials with vet being 10x more difficult than normal.

Your best bet is to drop one of your current guilds and join a raiding guild that is willing to be patient and help you train. Get experience doing the Craglorn trials first - vAA, vHRC, and vSO. After you've gotten comfortable with those and understand how to heal/whatever role in the easier trials, then you will be prepared to be able to learn vMoL and be able to sufficiently pull your weight. Trying to take any other route is simply a shortcut and plea to be carried, even if you understandably don't see it that way.

I m not unwilling to join a guild! I technicaly cant, bc I have 5 already! Pls read the stuff before you hit "reply"...
    I might follow your advice tho and give up one for the other.

Is there any reward for most obtrusive trolling?

---
    For me this can be closed. 2 helpful replies and a lot of "I dont read but want to give my 2 cents anyway". Posting here was my worst decision ever and I didnt even force anyone to reply.

And yes, I got the point. No trials without guild and training - just thought there might be a way to skip this stupid 5 guilds limitation... And was stupid enough to tell the truth about my primary motivation how I came to think about doing trials - my bad.
    PC - EU
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for advice, honestly.
    Although, one missunderstanding I would like to clear up: I heal vet and I heal good, including all dlc. I just dont like to be the main healer for beginning, as I need to learn timings and combat specialties.
    I am planing on a pve dd anyway, just cant decide what to go for. Healing is my main and best.
    Astrid_V wrote: »

Seems you read first post only. I explained my position in following posts. Read those or dont bother, pls.
    Mureel wrote: »

I m not paying anything and I never intended to.
    TLDR:
    1. Need vMoL skin
    3. Cant contribute

1. I dont need the skin, I like to have it. If I cant, Ill still live.
    2. Exactly!
    3. Where did I say that...? Pls read whole posting.
    Duckbutta wrote: »

I m not unwilling to join a guild! I technicaly cant, bc I have 5 already! Pls read the stuff before you hit "reply"...
    I might follow your advice tho and give up one for the other.

Is there any reward for most obtrusive trolling?

---
    For me this can be closed. 2 helpful replies and a lot of "I dont read but want to give my 2 cents anyway". Posting here was my worst decision ever and I didnt even force anyone to reply.

And yes, I got the point. No trials without guild and training - just thought there might be a way to skip this stupid 5 guilds limitation... And was stupid enough to tell the truth about my primary motivation how I came to think about doing trials - my bad.

Actually you DO say that you cant contribute.
    1. You say you have no experience in vMoL -> cant contribute experience.
    2. You say you dont have a dps character. -> cant contribute dps
    3. You say you CAN bring support characters, but would rather not...-> not wishing to contribute support.
    So how are you proposing to contribute?
    The only thing you CAN do is learn the trip from a progression group, which usually only take guildies...so sounds like you will have to take a long time and work for it....or pay a group for a carry
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    1. Since when someone starting fresh CAN contribute experience? Are you even reading what you write?
    2. True, I cant contribute DPS, yet. But a trial is not only DPS, right?
    3. I say
    [...]
    [...]
    Where does it say, that I cant contribute? All I say is, because I dont have the needed experience I would rather not start as main healer (which would be no good, neither for me, nor the whole group, right?)

Pls, if youre bored, go out and comb the grass, sweep the sidewalk, duno, do sth usefull.
    PC - EU
  • Dextail
    Dextail
    ✭✭✭
    @schattenkind

Here’s my two cents.

1. Your chances of getting “carried” for free, aren’t high or existing (maybe you will get carried due to the amount of hate in this forum post lol)
    2. Your best option is probably join a guild such as LND or KLR which takes people with no exp or weekly commitments and attempts to clear the trial(not always successfully and can take several hours)
    3. Or your final option is pretty much pay, or give up on the skin

Actually I lied theirs a 4 option, make friends with people who do them and hope they carry you some time because friends with benefits.

But ultimately your not gonna get carried with there being a benefit to the group ie pay or friends. Or ultimately by joining a guild.

A lot of people are in your situation where they want skins but would pay gold or join guilds to get them. The once you got the skin you will GTFO won’t work to well

But like I said maybe the hate on this forum post will make you get carried lol
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    Since you not reading what I write, I wont even reply to your useless comment.
    PC - EU
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol you have no experience...at least that you admit to...so join a guild and get some experience...any other way of getting the skin is called being carried...
  • l.ys
    l.ys
    ✭✭
    1. Since when someone starting fresh CAN contribute experience? Are you even reading what you write?
    3. I say
    [...]
    [...]
    Where does it say, that I cant contribute? All I say is, because I dont have the needed experience I would rather not start as main healer (which would be no good, neither for me, nor the whole group, right?)

Pls, if youre bored, go out and comb the grass, sweep the sidewalk, duno, do sth usefull.

Just pay a group to get carried. You are extremely stubborn about these matters, as people only tend to take guildies into vmol, unless you are an upper tier pve player, so you can practically pug it with friends. I am not interested in having someone with this attitude join a group of mine, as there is a particular desire for people that join that are dedicated to the guild.

Also, I run with an endgame guild, that is only willing to test like 5% or less of applicants at all.

So to conceive of inviting someone that is not committed is completely irrational and foolish.

Sorry
    All hardmode trials done on NA
    @Rostelore ingame user.
    Main templar healer
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    l.ys wrote: »
    3. I say
    [...]
    [...]

Just pay a group to get carried. You are extremely stubborn about these matters,[...]

No, I am not paying. I got the point (read above), that there is no trials without guild membership and this I will do.
    Paying = Buying. I dont wanna buy anything. I want to earn it with hard work and blood. The skin I mentioned as sth that woke my interrest in doing trials. Either way, I like to get there one day.
    PC - EU