The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

DK armor question! EDITED!

Reignskream
Reignskream
✭✭✭✭
So my build currently is going with a 1hand/shield, and a 2hander as my offhand. I'm going with 5/2 with heavy armor being 5, and medium being 2. My main question is which slots should I equip the 2 medium in?
Edited by Reignskream on April 27, 2018 5:04AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So my build currently is going with a 1hand/shield, and a 2hander as my offhand. I'm going with 5/2 with heavy armor being 5, and medium being 2. My main question is which slots should I equip the 2 medium in?

hands and belt.
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hands and belt.

Only go hands and belt if you are going 1 crafted set, otherwise, head and shoulders for the monster set.

If you are going 5 pce Ebon Armory, 2 pce Monster, 5 pce something else, make the small and medium head and shoulders as Ebon on the weapons causes issues. Stick to the other set being jewels and weapons.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

hands and belt.

Only go hands and belt if you are going 1 crafted set, otherwise, head and shoulders for the monster set.

If you are going 5 pce Ebon Armory, 2 pce Monster, 5 pce something else, make the small and medium head and shoulders as Ebon on the weapons causes issues. Stick to the other set being jewels and weapons.

For min-maxing resistances, belt and hands should be the light or medium pieces. If you wear light-med or med-med on your monster set, your resistances will suffer.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on April 27, 2018 6:24AM
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hands and belt.

For min-maxing resistances, belt and hands should be the light or medium pieces. If you wear light-med or med-med on your monster set, your resistances will suffer.

Whilst, that is true, as I said, you can only Min-Max if you are using a crafted set. Wearing 2 heavy sets will result in you only having the option to use Medium and Light on your monster sets.

It also depends on the heavy set they are going with. Some sets are bugged when used on weapons. Need more information as to his sets to give accurate advice.
    Edited by VilniusNastavnik on April 27, 2018 8:12AM
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I’m doing is leveling atm. Have no future decision on what set(s) I’ll be using as I have no idea lol.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whilst, that is true, as I said, you can only Min-Max if you are using a crafted set.
    Or Trainee
    Or Impregnable
    Or Bahraha's Curse
    Or Imperial Physique
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I’m doing is leveling atm. Have no future decision on what set(s) I’ll be using as I have no idea lol.

If you're only leveling up yet, it does not matter. (unless you reach cp 160, do not spend serious gold on your gear,the gear you get from quests will be more than good for normal dungeons, at least %90 of them)

I'm guessing you're looking to make a pvp build in future, SnB and 2h back bar , is the choice for PvP players that like to be tanky while doing damage.(stamden and stamDK most commonly does this, but for PvE, tanks usually wear Sword and Shield for both bars). If that is the case, you should tell us about the sets you use to plan so that we can help you make a build.

I highly advise wearing 5-1-1 so all your armor skills level up as you gain more experience.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on April 28, 2018 8:25AM
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭

If you're only leveling up yet, it does not matter. (unless you reach cp 160, do not spend serious gold on your gear,the gear you get from quests will be more than good for normal dungeons, at least %90 of them)

I'm guessing you're looking to make a pvp build in future, SnB and 2h back bar , is the choice for PvP players that like to be tanky while doing damage.(stamden and stamDK most commonly does this, but for PvE, tanks usually wear Sword and Shield for both bars). If that is the case, you should tell us about the sets you use to plan so that we can help you make a build.

I highly advise wearing 5-1-1 so all your armor skills level up as you gain more experience.

Well I’d love to get involved with pvp. But I’d like to be able to do get involved with PVE as well. All in good time. Still have a lot to learn. For now I’m using a shield/1hand as main and 2hander as OH.

I will take that advice and wear 5-1-1 so all level up. As far as sets go I have no idea.. I don’t know which I’ll pursue first strongly. Pvp or PVE wise.

I just know for pvp I would like to be tanky and able to dish out dps.

Pve I’ll probably end up tanking.
    Edited by Reignskream on April 29, 2018 12:16AM