The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Dialogue] Issue with genitive - ('s) turned into (of a)

lothenon_ithilorn
lothenon_ithilorn
Soul Shriven
Hi devs & fantastic ESO community, this is my first post.

I've come across about two dozen of the following syntax errors in quest dialogues.
The audio is always fine, it's the on-screen text that is flawed.
  • Genitive case (My, Her, His, Their, Drublog's) has been replaced by a generic "of a" / "of an" like in the screenshot below.
  • This may have been caused by a mass-editing script aimed at correcting dialogue, but executed poorly?

The voiceover is correct in saying "My memories, my being, rushed back with the Animus Geode's destruction."

6hdyxyqlm6pq.png

It's not a huge deal, but kind of immersion-breaking :)

Anyway, cheers to ZOS and the generous ESO community, whose tips on this forum have helped me tremendously delve deeper into the game mechanics :)
PC-EU
@lothenon_ithilorn
Guildmaster, Wings of Kynareth
    • Lothenon, Altmer Magplar • Caecilia Petreia, Imperial Stamwarden • J'kur-do, Khajit StamDK tank
"Come to me, Kynareth, for without you, I might not know the mysteries of the world, and so blind and in terror, I might consume and profane the abundance of your beautiful treasures."