The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Daily Rewards PvP, PvE

GeorgeBlack
GeorgeBlack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I like gathering. When I'm low on materials I enable the addon and go out and about. Some times I go to my fav spot, other times I go to a different part of Tamriel for a change of scenery.

But I will tell the honest truth. When I need to refill my potions I go to the guild vendors.
I spend gold.

The reason is that I have tried collecting Reagents but it takes forever. And when I wanna PvP with a certain build I dont want to spend 3-4h getting my potions ready. It is discouraging for people that wanna play in Cyrodiil without having to ride with a zerg, to not have potions, or having to spend hours in getting them ready. And people, if you are thinking about the community, the player base and the health of the content, remember that not everybody has 500k + in their inventory or has been playing since beta and is loaded. Look beyond how you deal with things and what "isnt an issue for you".

I would like to suggest that we get Reagents from Dailies in Cyrodiil towns, Imperial City and also from overland dailies outside of Cyrodiil.
The rewards given right now, Lore related as they are, are not worthy of doing the activities, resulting in content being ignored and players feel like there arent things to do.

By making dailies worthy from Cyrodiil Towns, Imperial City, Worthgar, Abas Landing, Gold Coast, Morrowing, Craglorn, you breethe new life to those maps Zos. You make them again Relevant and full of players. And potions are needed for good PvE content and PvP. I have though of other rewards for dailies but people always seem to find a reason to say "no screw you" in forums. Here I am trying again.
@Zos_GinaBruno
This log in reward that you came up with does nothing. A player that no longer finds reason to do activities and play the game will not log in to hoard items.
  • whitemilk56
    You can get more than enough alchemy mats by farming stones in the sewers and buying alchemy satchels :smile:
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can get more than enough alchemy mats by farming stones in the sewers and buying alchemy satchels :smile:

Yes and thats great and I love it because it combines PvE and PvP in a PvP zone
    What about Cyrodiil towns? Now that the event is finished they are ghost towns. Same with previous DLC maps. Nobodt cares to do dailies in there? What for? They are not worthy after a week.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on April 27, 2018 2:17AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes and thats great and I love it because it combines PvE and PvP in a PvP zone
    What about Cyrodiil towns? Now that the event is finished they are ghost towns. Same with previous DLC maps. Nobodt cares to do dailies in there? What for? They are not worthy after a week.

You choosing not to participate in content that will boost your alchemy reagent inventory isn’t anyone else’s problem ... especially not ZOS’s.

My PvP guildies regularly do Imperial City small group runs for Tel Var bags.

Though there’s an easier method than running IC ... and that’s crafting surveys from alchemy writs.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just do writs every day.
    With max level alchemy you spend 2 flowers to get 12 flowers back. Over time it all adds up. Plus you get crap loads of surveys in advance.
    Great thing about alchemy writs is that you can make all the potions by the 100s and keep them on you so it is just a case of grabbing the writ and handing them in every day.
    It used to be that the only flower you needed to farm war nirnroot, but ZOS being as stupid as they are changed the most needed ingredient from nirn to mudcrab, so now you do need to kill mudcrabs when you see them.

EDIT:Would be nice of them to have a damn alchemy hireling. It makes no sense why this 1 skill desn't have a hireling but all the rest do.
    Edited by Stinkyremy on April 27, 2018 3:09AM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you believe that daily rewards in Cyrodiil Towns, in IC, and in PvE DLC maps are meaningful content?
    @Taleof2Cities
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on April 27, 2018 3:10AM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you read the title of this thread @Taleof2Cities ?
    Did you understand the topic?
    Have you visited the content mentioned as dead in the OP @Taleof2cities ?
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you believe that daily rewards in Cyrodiil Towns, in IC, and in PvE DLC maps are meaningful content?
    @Taleof2Cities

There is a point in all PvE content where it will become irrelevant or meaningless to some part of the population. Some players run trials only as long as they need to get the gear they need. Some do pledges only to level undaunted or again to get the gear they need. Dailies for many players are only something they do until they get the motifs they want. So it isn't just Cyrodiil and Imperial City that are like this. There is a reason though that the daily rewards do not include receiving a lot of reagents and other types of material. PvE survives on content being repeated and part of that strategy is making players farm for materials.

Some people really enjoy doing the dailies and continue even after getting the stuff they need. They provide drops from the dailies to people that would rather not do them. Same for farming. Some people really enjoy it, some don't. Those that do enjoy farming provide materials to the players that choose not to farm.

The reason you are not getting reagents from doing dailies is because ZoS wants you to be engaged in as much of the game content as possible. Same reason good armor for PvP is found in trials and good skills for PvE require PvP.

Doing dailies may not be relevant to players who don't find them enjoyable but that doesn't mean the way dailies work need to be changed. Other players who do enjoy them will still do them.

Cyrodiil is kind of unique though as it adds an added risk to doing the dailies. That being said if they want to make the towns more relevant I hope they do something that affects PvP in the area not PvE and PvE rewards. That will just cause more ganking and more grief.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    @Taleof2Cities

There is a point in all PvE content where it will become irrelevant or meaningless to some part of the population. Some players run trials only as long as they need to get the gear they need. Some do pledges only to level undaunted or again to get the gear they need. Dailies for many players are only something they do until they get the motifs they want. So it isn't just Cyrodiil and Imperial City that are like this. There is a reason though that the daily rewards do not include receiving a lot of reagents and other types of material. PvE survives on content being repeated and part of that strategy is making players farm for materials.

Some people really enjoy doing the dailies and continue even after getting the stuff they need. They provide drops from the dailies to people that would rather not do them. Same for farming. Some people really enjoy it, some don't. Those that do enjoy farming provide materials to the players that choose not to farm.

The reason you are not getting reagents from doing dailies is because ZoS wants you to be engaged in as much of the game content as possible. Same reason good armor for PvP is found in trials and good skills for PvE require PvP.

Doing dailies may not be relevant to players who don't find them enjoyable but that doesn't mean the way dailies work need to be changed. Other players who do enjoy them will still do them.

Cyrodiil is kind of unique though as it adds an added risk to doing the dailies. That being said if they want to make the towns more relevant I hope they do something that affects PvP in the area not PvE and PvE rewards. That will just cause more ganking and more grief.

IC, Cyrodiil Towns, Wrothgar, Abas Landing, Gold Coast are dead.
    How would you make this content relevant.
    Are you of the opinion that once a zone has given you all that it had to offer it should become obsolete?

Are you of the opinion that PvP is only about capturing points?
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Taleof2Cities

Are you of the opinion that once a zone has given you all that it had to offer it should become obsolete?

Same question, you just changed a few words. And my answer is the same. Some people no longer go to those zones, some do. The people that do go there go there for different reasons. Adding better rewards in those zones really isn't the answer if you want to fill them up again. For a bit they may get crowded but then we are right back where we started.

That aside I disagree that those zones are dead (excluding the Cyrodiil towns) they simply are not as crowded as they were during the event. They might be a bit emptier than normal but we can blame the event for that. Players were hitting the dailies pretty hard during that event and now are wanting a break. Those zones will pick up again in a while. Things cycle.

Your question about PvP... what PvP is varies from player to player. Some are there to turn the map. Some are there for large epic battles at choke points. Some are there for small battles in guild vs guild events. Some are there to solo picking off stragglers and other lone players. Some are there simply because they need Caltrops. And you have players there for the PvE aspect.

It might sound counter intuitive but having certain items in the game only available in specific zones or types of activity is good for the health of the game. It keeps the player base spread out across all the content. After a event like just finished you can always expect a bit of a drop in the activity that centered around that event.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Taleof2Cities

Same question, you just changed a few words. And my answer is the same. Some people no longer go to those zones, some do. The people that do go there go there for different reasons. Adding better rewards in those zones really isn't the answer if you want to fill them up again. For a bit they may get crowded but then we are right back where we started.

That aside I disagree that those zones are dead (excluding the Cyrodiil towns) they simply are not as crowded as they were during the event. They might be a bit emptier than normal but we can blame the event for that. Players were hitting the dailies pretty hard during that event and now are wanting a break. Those zones will pick up again in a while. Things cycle.

Your question about PvP... what PvP is varies from player to player. Some are there to turn the map. Some are there for large epic battles at choke points. Some are there for small battles in guild vs guild events. Some are there to solo picking off stragglers and other lone players. Some are there simply because they need Caltrops. And you have players there for the PvE aspect.

It might sound counter intuitive but having certain items in the game only available in specific zones or types of activity is good for the health of the game. It keeps the player base spread out across all the content. After a event like just finished you can always expect a bit of a drop in the activity that centered around that event.

My question/topic is not about PvP.
    During the event in which people were farming meaningful rewards, every zone in the game was alive.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on April 27, 2018 8:01AM
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Taleof2Cities

During the event in which people were farming meaningful rewards, every zone in the game was alive.

yup, but now the event is over.

the main reason a lot of areas are dead atm is simple.... pts.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Taleof2Cities

Yes, because of the event and even then not all zones were filled with players. The event concentrated us into a specific part of the game. The zones with quick and easy dailies were the most crowded. Those with no dailies saw fewer players. The crafting tables in a few cities were crowded during the event because people who normally craft on one or two characters were crafting on every character they have. The day after the event I was doing my surveys and there were players at every survey site I went to doing the same thing. That will get back to normal soon. That kind of specific activity can't be sustained year round. It isn't healthy for the game. The next event will send players scurrying into a new direction and cause a shift in where players are concentrated. The events are good for the game because they get players to go back to something they might otherwise not revisit. They do this because of their short duration. If those rewards were year round they would get stale and players might move on to other games instead of moving to different content in this game.

And you specifically asked me a question about PvP so I responded with an answer about PvP.

Oh and I forgot about the new chapter on PTS. jedtb16_ESO is correct that the PTS also is having an impact on player population in the game right now.
    Edited by kargen27 on April 27, 2018 8:58PM