The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cheap trick with the Summerset collector's edition horse and pet

rotaugen454
rotaugen454
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So the horse and pet that come with the preorder don't have the particle effects of the ones you can buy this weekend from the crown store. That is a cheap move by Zeni and makes me less likely to preorder or buy crown store items. Preview them in the crown store and you'll see what I mean.
"Get off my lawn!"
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, the collectibles you are talking about have nothing to do with Summerset. These are Dragonbones items.

Also this is nothing new. They did the same with the Dwemer Spider mount and generally that’s what the crown store offers, (more expensive) re-skins.

You’re just kicking up dust for nothing.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're right, I got the Dragonbones set confused. I won't get the Summerset mount and other goodies until release, since I got the Physical Collector's edition. I wonder if they'll come out with an "upgraded" version of what comes with that after release?

Yeah, they did it with the Spider Mount, and I wasn't about to get it again for one added effect. It does have me thinking I should wait on any further purchases until I see there isn't a newer version coming out though.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me think...

I think they've done it with every pet/mount with dlcs
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're right, I got the Dragonbones set confused. I won't get the Summerset mount and other goodies until release, since I got the Physical Collector's edition. I wonder if they'll come out with an "upgraded" version of what comes with that after release?

Yeah, they did it with the Spider Mount, and I wasn't about to get it again for one added effect. It does have me thinking I should wait on any further purchases until I see there isn't a newer version coming out though.

@rotaugen454

No worries, I can see how the way the Crown Store handles certain collectibles could be frustrating. Especially if the mount/pet was one of the bigger selling points of the Dragonbones collecter's edition for you. But yes they have a trend with this "tactic." They even did something like having a limited Dovah Fly pet in the store one month for whopping 1k crowns, only to give away a reskin of the exact same pet with the Clockwork City DLC...

You can try to use the datamine of future items to sort anticipate upcoming offerings but it will never be a guarantee.

Cheers :smile:
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what they do. They release something new. People buy it because it's new and looks good.
    Then they release the same thing, but even nicer next time. People grumble because they already bought the first version. I've done that, too. It happened with me with the Dwemer Spider mount. They released a prettier one later that I didn't buy because I already had the first one. Really, I should stop buying new mounts/pets the first time they come out, and wait for the nicer re-skin. :/