The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Swimming. I like swimming

saxgooner
saxgooner
✭✭✭
I yearn for swimming content.
Finding hidden caves leading to a new delve or even realm.
Why isn't it possible to implement
  • Joshuagm1991
    Joshuagm1991
    ✭✭✭
    There is something about exploring under water that has been pretty awesome in TES. I agree.
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yes. Swimming and diving in Oblivion to get that Ring of Destruction... I remember it well!
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swimming in tes3 only to find out you can't fight them slaughterfish :hushed: wait here too :cold_sweat:
    Edited by Yakidafi on April 26, 2018 10:55PM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Mannox
    Mannox
    ✭✭✭
    I was always impressed by the underwater content in GW2. It really surprised me to learn that so many players actually hate that kind of exploration and content. For many reasons. The common complaint being it was too slow or confusing. Because of that ArenaNet backed off from underwater content in a big way for a long time. I think its cool and would love for it to come to ESO.
  • aSafeLobotomy
    I was just thinking about this the other day. Some underwater content would be amazing, imagine the environments!
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannox wrote: »
    I was always impressed by the underwater content in GW2. It really surprised me to learn that so many players actually hate that kind of exploration and content. For many reasons. The common complaint being it was too slow or confusing. Because of that ArenaNet backed off from underwater content in a big way for a long time. I think its cool and would love for it to come to ESO.

Because it was felt very clunky, was balanced and handled poorly, and was sloppily implemented. Certain classes (looking at you revenant) don't even have access to full skill sets underwater. Some of the aquatic environments looked cool, sure. But the underwater combat in GW2 was terrible. Nothing like that had better ever show up in this game.

I do miss underwater exploration, though. It would be able to dive and explore around in shipwrecks, craft longtime water-breathing potions like in earlier ES games, that sort of thing.
    Edited by Guarlet on April 27, 2018 4:07PM
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to Swim deep underwater to find some Hiden caves that has some hiden boss in it or chests with some actually usefull loot in them...
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to the lake in craglorn. Bring three friends. Light the beacons :)

I fished there for hours and hours over the course of 5 master anglers. Never knew that the end of the craglorn quest line was hidden right below my feet.
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone loves underwater content until they lose their minds in the Water Temple.
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian master race!