The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why on earth am I forced to install this game on my c: drive?

Elchemist
Elchemist
✭✭✭
Current year is 2018. 18 years ago it was absolute common to choose where you install a game. In fact in 2 decades I have never encountered a game that forced you to install on c:

Is there seriously no way to install this game on another drive?
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not install it on my c drive.
    It is same as any other windows installer that let you navigate to your desired drive and location.
    Edited by Yakidafi on April 27, 2018 12:34AM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elchemist wrote: »
    Current year is 2018. 18 years ago it was absolute common to choose where you install a game. In fact in 2 decades I have never encountered a game that forced you to install on c:

Is there seriously no way to install this game on another drive?

Did you look for a cogwheel in launcher? One of those will give you the option where to install game client.
  • Istoppucks
    Istoppucks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well dont install from steam you will have to install it twice. Even if you have enough space it will say you dont.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have Steam on my D : drive, so it went there. You might pose this question on Steam as well, if you're using that.
    Edited by fred4 on April 29, 2018 12:20AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't use Steam, and I installed on my non-main D drive fine.
    Edited by Lake on April 29, 2018 12:21AM
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i didn't install on my C: dirve.
    Invictus
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thread where the OP never returns because he just can't stand being wrong :D