The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magblade vs MagSorc

Styleslol
Styleslol
Soul Shriven
Still new to this game, been playing for 2 weeks.
Was wondering which performs better in trials
which one is more fun?
I enjoy Stamblade currently, but looking for magic class next
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roll both and test them out? Both have pros and cons, and both are fun.

Magblade

Amazing stealth, great healing potential, great dps, multiple viable gear and skill setups, great ape damage, ENDLESS ULTIMATE USE, lol.

Squishy, playstyle can take a bit to master. Core skill (merciless resolve) one of the more complicated agility mechanics.

A magblade would be a pretty easy transition if you already get stamblade. They use 25%or so the same abilities, and have a somewhat similar play style.

Mag Sorc

Huge ranged dps, endless shields, great overall Dps. Exchange offers massive resource return if management is a problem.

Somewhat repetitive play style. Prone to getting mobbed. Heals are meh.

Either work in end game content and trials. I’d say that sorcs are a little easier maybe...I prefer magblades because I find sorc a little boring, but there are tons of players who feel the opposite. Sometimes it’s just about which class feel better for you.

One thing of note - I do feel that magblades take a little longer to develop than sorcs because they get a lot of core skills late in the trees, while a sorc unlocks most core skills (not all, but most) by level 20. For example, nightblade’s merciless resolve is key for a magblade. It offers attack power and a killer execute-ish skill. But it unlocks at assassin 42. Similar thing on ultimates. A magblade is a dps machine by pairing soul harvest (+6 ultimate per kill...wow) with the destro ultimate (can push 300k+ per proc in tough fights). That won’t happen until you level destro to 50 then level the ultimate. Sorcs don’t get it until that point either, but they have storm astronach before then.

So it might take a bit longer to get a feel for how magblade plays.

Edited by davey1107 on April 26, 2018 10:42PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Styleslol wrote: »
    Still new to this game, been playing for 2 weeks.
    Was wondering which performs better in trials
    which one is more fun?
    I enjoy Stamblade currently, but looking for magic class next

In which role? As dps, Tank or healer?
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone has a magsorc, easy rotation good damage on both pet and non pet build plus best shields. Magblade op damage with master architect and group utility healing and dmg buff but way harder to master with rotation. Dunmer on magblade and altmer on high elf.
    The Flyers
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are good - pick which one you like best!

By the time you get to the point where something like class actually plays a role in your DPS effectiveness, the meta will have shifted so much no one can possibly know atm what will be “best”.