The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Quest marker on wayshrines?

SinisterG
SinisterG
✭✭
PS4 player here. has anyone else had quest markers (black, not-current objective) suddenly appearing on all wayshrines recently? and if so, can you tell me why?
-Ruin -
It bleeds all life away

I will show you all that I have mastered
Fear.
Pain.
Hatred.
Power.

This is the art of ruin
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe it started with the last update, or maybe previous. I assume it's to fit in with the other modes of travel such as wagons having the same marker if you have a quest you can reach via using that mode of travel.

Personally I don't see it's necessity. Lord help the developers if they spent the time fixing bugs instead.
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    Have you recently got a dlc? It might be that prompting you to start the quest, being dark and not highlighted means you had another quest activated
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans
  • SinisterG
    SinisterG
    ✭✭
    Have you recently got a dlc? It might be that prompting you to start the quest, being dark and not highlighted means you had another quest activated

I haven't purchased any DLC recently, ill have to cycle through my quests to see if it ever turns white on the shrine so i would know if it is for a specific quest or just telling me i can use the wayshrine to reach other quests. either way i don't like it. i'm well aware i can use the wayshrine to travel to quests, i don't need them to be marked other than their unique map symbol
    -Ruin -
    It bleeds all life away

I will show you all that I have mastered
    Fear.
    Pain.
    Hatred.
    Power.

This is the art of ruin
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    SinisterG wrote: »

I haven't purchased any DLC recently, ill have to cycle through my quests to see if it ever turns white on the shrine so i would know if it is for a specific quest or just telling me i can use the wayshrine to reach other quests. either way i don't like it. i'm well aware i can use the wayshrine to travel to quests, i don't need them to be marked other than their unique map symbol

free eso+ = free access to ALL DLC.